Pressure cookers being pulled off the shelves in MA - yes, really.

Little-Acorn

Gold Member
Jun 20, 2006
San Diego, CA
Well, don't say I didn't warn you.

Make a joke about some abysmally silly thing liberals might do, and you'll get a laugh that day. But you might find them actually DOING it, in all seriousness, tomorrow.

And so it is.

BTW, the bombers carjacked a Mercedes from somebody, and drove away in it.

When can we expect Mercedes-Benz to pull all their vehicles out of their showrooms?

-----------------------------------------------

Williams-Sonoma Pulls Pressure Cookers Off Shelves in Massachusetts - Natick, MA Patch

Williams-Sonoma Pulls Pressure Cookers Off Shelves in Massachusetts

By Robert Rosen
April 22, 2013

Following the Boston Marathon bombing last Monday in which pressure cookers were used for the explosion, the cookware giant has decided to temporarily stop selling the items in their Massachusetts stores.

OUTSIDE BOSTON, MA -- Williams-Sonoma, the specialty retailer of home furnishings and gourmet cookware with over 250 stores in the United States, has pulled pressure cookers from their shelves following the Boston Marathon bombing.

"It's a temporary thing out of respect," said Kent, who is the Store Manager of the Williams-Sonoma at the Natick Mall. He referred Patch to corporate for further questions.

Pressure cookers will still be available on the Williams-Sonoma website.

I can see it on Huffpo:

Williams-Sonoma Thugs Promote Bomb-making Hardware on Company Website.

Nothing will be forgotten. Speak for yourself. The Russians have bad memories. The Americans have excellent memories. I like remembering how our US HOCKEY TEAM crushed the Russians on the ice during Lake Placid Olympics. Yep. I can see why the Russians took up the hobby of learning to be forgetful... lol!!! Who would want to remember losing so badly???! To the Americans?! Oh yeah...

Frankly, I'm surprised more people don't accidentally blow themselves up with these things. I mean our schools are not really suceeding in teaching about stuff like atomospheric pressure or superhot water.

Make a joke about some abysmally silly thing liberals might do, and you'll get a laugh that day. But you might find them actually DOING it, in all seriousness, tomorrow.

And so it is.

When can we expect Mercedes-Benz to pull all their vehicles out of their showrooms?

Williams-Sonoma Pulls Pressure Cookers Off Shelves in Massachusetts - Natick, MA Patch

By Robert Rosen
April 22, 2013

Following the Boston Marathon bombing last Monday in which pressure cookers were used for the explosion, the cookware giant has decided to temporarily stop selling the items in their Massachusetts stores.

OUTSIDE BOSTON, MA -- Williams-Sonoma, the specialty retailer of home furnishings and gourmet cookware with over 250 stores in the United States, has pulled pressure cookers from their shelves following the Boston Marathon bombing.

"It's a temporary thing out of respect," said Kent, who is the Store Manager of the Williams-Sonoma at the Natick Mall. He referred Patch to corporate for further questions.

If they are going for the sensitive touch they can temporarily move their muslim employees with hajibs to the stock room work area ( out of customer view ) and bring the pressure cookers back out. Pressure cookers are not the first thing that comes to mind when we think of TERRORISM. Thanks. - Jeri

Is a pressure cooker anything like a crock pot?

When my wife brings out the crock pot, I call it the de-flavorizor, turing vegetables, meat and potatoes into a flavorless brown stew.

Frankly, I'm surprised more people don't accidentally blow themselves up with these things. I mean our schools are not really suceeding in teaching about stuff like atomospheric pressure or superhot water.

Pressure cookers can be dangerous but they are necessary tools for canning. You can use a water bath for jams, pickles and such but you have to have a pressure cooker for most foods you can.

did they also remove nails, bbs, ball bearings, etc.?
I ordered 2 just before Christmas for gifts. Wonder if I am now on a watch list somewhere?

Pressure cookers can be dangerous but they are necessary tools for canning. You can use a water bath for jams, pickles and such but you have to have a pressure cooker for most foods you can.

They are great for cooking corned beef as well.

When my wife brings out the crock pot, I call it the de-flavorizor, turing vegetables, meat and potatoes into a flavorless brown stew.

a pressure cooker just makes it faster:tongue:

yeah, I just have my grandmother's, which dates back to the 1930s. That is a scary piece of kitchen hardware.

Get your wife a slow cooker (i.e. crock pot) cookbook, and enjoy the best pot roast.

Based on your posts, your political expertise is right there with your culinary knowledge.

*shakes head*

Some people live in a weird reality.

They'll be back in six months. But how absurd and over-reactionary bullshit. Pressure cookers are essential in several forms of home gardening and old school cooking. Besides, it's not like you can't find them virtually anywhere from a swap meet, to garage stores, to the internet, to any high end kitchen store. I get that a company from MA wants to be sensitive.

...Actually this is brilliant now that I think about. This company is going to get a ton of free advertising from this and probably business from confused people who think this is a good thing. This is actually a really smart business move.

Last edited:

And so it is.

By Robert Rosen
April 22, 2013

Its not permanent, just for a short period. Not a big deal.

did they also remove nails, bbs, ball bearings, etc.?

Not yet. But Rep. Pete King (a republican, which kinda shocked me) once opined after the bombings that police should be notified if someone buys such items.

(CNSNews.com) - Rep. Pete King (R-N.Y.), a member of both the House Homeland Security Committee and the House Intelligence Committee, wants retailers to tell police about people who buy innocuous items that could be used to make a bomb.

"Anyone seeing anyone buying components, any type of BBs or ball bearings -- a large amount of nails, even -- report that to police," he said.

Rep. Pete King: Merchants Selling Ball Bearings, Beauty Products 'Should Notify Police' | CNS News

this was my favorite from the "comments" section:

You can keep the 10 nails you have now, but only use 7...

Forum List

Back