Presidents who became rich because they were Presidents?

TheDude

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2016
U.S.A. gone wild
In other terms, they became wealthy from their status and name rather than having produced something tangible. I can think of two:

Bill Clinton
Muslim President Obama

In other terms, they became wealthy from their status and name rather than having produced something tangible. I can think of two:

Bill Clinton
Muslim President Obama
Well Reagan was wracked with Alzheimer's during his Presidency, so he was a vegetable after he left office; and Dubya was forced into exile after his Presidency and his name remains political poison, so he didn't really get a shot at making money after his Presidency either. H.W. multiplied his net worth by over 5 times. Gerald Ford, almost as dumb as Trump, made six or so million after he left office. Carter 4 million. Nixon somehow made $13 million despite being a complete disgrace.

How Presidents Make Their Millions

Dubya and Reagan probably would have made 10's of millions under different circumstances after they left office. Trump's use of the Presidency to market his businesses could amount to hundreds of millions, probably even billions in profit for himself and his family.

It's pretty easy to make money when the whole world knows your name and much of it cares about your opinion.

Reagan and Bush had money before they were elected,

As did the peanut farmer.

Clinton/Obama?

Not so much

Bill Clinton
Muslim President Obama
Well Reagan was wracked with Alzheimer's during his Presidency, so he was a vegetable after he left office; and Dubya was forced into exile after his Presidency and his name remains political poison, so he didn't really get a shot at making money after his Presidency either. H.W. multiplied his net worth by over 5 times. Gerald Ford, almost as dumb as Trump, made six or so million after he left office. Carter 4 million. Nixon somehow made $13 million despite being a complete disgrace.

Dubya and Reagan probably would have made 10's of millions under different circumstances after they left office. Trump's use of the Presidency to market his businesses could amount to hundreds of millions, probably even billions in profit for himself and his family.

Yet another example of how easy it is to dupe lefties. The lies that Reagan was whacked out by Alzheimer's when he left office is a big lie, but lefties believe it.

He did go to Japan after leaving office and was paid $2 million. This was about it for making money by Ronnie. At the time the media as they do today to Rs, attacked him mercilessly. That same corrupt media ignored the much more corrupt actions by the Clinton's, after leaving office and will do the same with Obama.
Eight Days in Japan Earn Ron and Nancy $2 Million—Now That’s Reaganomics – Vol. 32 No. 19

Does this look like a man "wracked" by Alzheimer's???

Bill Clinton
Muslim President Obama

Yet another example of how easy it is to dupe lefties. The lies that Reagan was whacked out by Alzheimer's when he left office is a big lie, but lefties believe it.

He did go to Japan after leaving office and was paid $2 million. This was about it for making money by Ronnie. At the time the media as they do today to Rs, attacked him mercilessly. That same corrupt media ignored the much more corrupt actions by the Clinton's, after leaving office and will do the same with Obama.
Eight Days in Japan Earn Ron and Nancy $2 Million—Now That’s Reaganomics – Vol. 32 No. 19

The idea is to denigrate everything he did, and blame it on a disease not diagnosed til several years after he left office

Bill Clinton
Muslim President Obama

The idea is to denigrate everything he did, and blame it on a disease not diagnosed til several years after he left office

Agreed. The amazing thing is it works on some Americans. All one has to do is watch his farewell speech to see he is not wracked by Alzheimer's.....yet dummies still believe the lies of the radical left media.

I had an uncle who had Alzheimer's and even in the early stages, he had trouble communicating.

Bill Clinton
Muslim President Obama

Clinton Signs Record Book Deal
Clinton Signs Record Book Deal

BARACK AND MICHELLE OBAMA SIGN JOINT BOOK DEAL WORTH OVER $65 MILLION: REPORT
Barack and Michelle Obama have signed a joint book deal with Penguin Random House worth over $65 million

Obama Foundation was established in January 2014 to carry on the great, unfinished project of renewal and global progress. Officially established as an operating, 501(c)(3) nonprofit
About the Foundation - Obama Foundation

giphy.webp

That's nice.

Did they write those books before or after assuming the presidency?

Bill Clinton
Muslim President Obama

Now 15 years removed from his time as president, Clinton, with the help of Hillary, has amassed an estimated $75 million in net worth from speeches and book deals. This represents a 6,250 percent jump from the $1.2 million the couple had when Bill Clinton took office in 1993.

To put that in context, consider that George H.W. Bush has seen his fortune grow from $4 million before taking office to an estimated $23 million today. Son George W. Bush entered office with $20 million. Now, he has an estimated $35 million.

Richard Nixon had $15 million at the time of his death in 1994, a $13 million improvement from when he took office in 1969. Gerald Ford spent just three years as president, entering office in 1974 with $1.4 million in net worth. He’d amass another $5.6 million to reach $7 million by the time of his death in 2006.

Ronald Reagan ranks second on our list for net worth when entering office. The one-time actor had $10.6 million to his name before starting the first of two terms in 1981, growing that to $15.4 million by the time he died in 2004.

What astounds me is people begrudge Trump for making his money via business. Many businesses that employ many people. How some have made their money is strictly through government position, in short, selling influence at the cost to the nation.

I would prefer a business person who worked their asses off, success or failure, rather than some slick, politician getting backing from lobbyists so they can make their millions while telling you "everything is fine, don't worry".

The President of the United States and leader of the free world makes less than a baseball pitcher makes for scratching his balls. I don't begrudge a single ex-President for making some money in retirement. They've earned every penny they can make. They age about 50 years while President.

Don't be such caviling assholes about it.

Bill Clinton
Muslim President Obama

It's cuz they have Alzheimer's, or really, defective brains from birth or narrative. They present this as though he served his tenure as a vegetable. Beauty of that is, he was a great leader regardless, so I don't care if he was on crack. I've seen the results of Alzheimer's. Perhaps the guy giving the CLASSY farewell address was a fill-in.

I can think of two:

Muslim President Obama

Clearly you can't think if you believe President Obama is a Muslim.
Do you know that ISIS is a pagan Egyptian god, that it is an insult to call any Muslims that they belong to a pagan god. The Muslims believes in the same God that the Jews and Christians believes in. But Obama will not call the radical Muslim group, ISIS, but instead he will call them ISUL. He knows that is an insult to them and to the Muslim's religion.

http://christiananswers.net/q-eden/allah.html

Obama: ‘My Father Was Born A Muslim’ [VIDEO]

41UZQvBCfCL._SY279_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

I can think of two:

Muslim President Obama

Clearly you can't think if you believe President Obama is a Muslim.
Do you know that ISIS is a pagan Egyptian god, that it is an insult to call any Muslims that they belong to a pagan god. The Muslims believes in the same God that the Jews and Christians believes in. But Obama will not call the radical Muslim group, ISIS, but instead he will call them ISUL. He knows that is an insult to them and to the Muslim's religion.

http://christiananswers.net/q-eden/allah.html

Obama: ‘My Father Was Born A Muslim’ [VIDEO]

41UZQvBCfCL._SY279_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

DIA]

Clearly you can't think if you believe President Obama is a Muslim

Forum List

Back