President Vetoes Children's Health Insurance Bill

If Dems get their way, one out of three children will be moved out of private insurance into government coverage

snip

You just disqualified yourself from posting anything intelligent on this subject. Everything you've written about it is now suspect.

SCHIP is NOT government insurance. Its bascially a voucher program that allows families with kids to buy private health insurance.

You just disqualified yourself from posting anything intelligent on this subject. Everything you've written about it is now suspect.

SCHIP is NOT government insurance. Its bascially a voucher program that allows families with kids to buy private health insurance.

Hey why does it need millions of dollars if it doesn't cost the Government anything? I mean if the parents are paying why do we, the taxpayers need to send our tax dollars to the program and why does it need such a huge increase?

Hey why does it need millions of dollars if it doesn't cost the Government anything? I mean if the parents are paying why do we, the taxpayers need to send our tax dollars to the program and why does it need such a huge increase?

It is, in effect, a subsidized health insurance program - different than government (socialized) health care.

Go Cleveland Indians!

Wait, you mean the GOVERNMENT does pay for at least part of the insurance? So Deadcandance is full of shit?

I don't know the specifics of the insurance scheme, but yes, of course, the government does subsidize insurance. That is why the SCHIPs legislation would have required a tax increase on tobacco to pay for it. Clearly, the government does pay (I think in conjunction with the individual states, which pay a portion as well).

Wait, you mean the GOVERNMENT does pay for at least part of the insurance? So Deadcandance is full of shit?

I don't think that Deadcandance was suggesting that the program was cost free without government contribution. He was just making the distinction that it pays for private insurance instead of being its own insurance program. I actually don't think that that is right - at least for many of the states that employ it - but in any event, I am sure that he wasn't suggesting that the government didn't pay.

Damn you're dumb. T. Rielly understood what I was saying. Why can't you? The government helps pay for kids to be on private insurance, through schip

Not Administered by the Government

...SCHIP isn't the kind of program where government officials make medical decisions. Under SCHIP, children are enrolled in private health insurance.

"Typically, children have a choice from among competing private health-insurance companies," says Stan Dorn, a senior research associate with the Urban Institute, a Washington-based think tank. "There's no federally specified benefits package. There's no individual entitlement."

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=14962685

Damn you're dumb. T. Rielly understood what I was saying. Why can't you? The government helps pay for kids to be on private insurance, through schip

Many of the kids already have private ins - yet the Dems wants the taxpayer to pay for the ins. Why?

Nothing in life is free - why do libs think they will be getting free health care? Why should I have to pay for someone elses kids when their patents make $$80,000/yr?

Alot of kids will be moved out of private ins and into taxpayer paid insurance. Why?

Once again, this is a great example of liberals trying to get as many people as possible dependent of government so they can increase their power over them. Now instead of listeing to Dems screaming "Republicans want to take your SS check away from you" we will also have to listen to "Republicans will take away your health insurance"

Forum List

Back