Votes: 2 11.1%
  • No

Votes: 13 72.2%
  • I don't know

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Another response I'll post about

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Only when it's an elected official. You and I are free to block whomever we like. Let's see how this plays out in court over the next 6-12 months leading up to the November 2018 elections.

It's stupid and just more butt hurt
Nonetheless, it's an interesting case which we'll see dragged out over the next year.

President Trump vs. We, the People regarding the First Amendment. Should be very, very interesting!

Any judge worth his/her salt will laugh and toss it
Is that like declaring the election corrupt if you lose but honest if you win?

No it's like some butthurt loons bringing forth frivolous lawsuits
Not frivolous, nor the first time..It has to do with public domain..

Seems like a rather silly lawsuit to me I mean for Gods sake you can block posters here so you don't have to see them but other people still can you can block people on Facebook you can block people on your cell phone. Just because one has a twitter or any social media account doesn't mean you don't have the right to decide who you want to see and hear from and who you don't.
I have no doubt there's some Democratic Party money supporting the suits. Still, if there is anything to it, the lawsuit detracts from President Trump's agenda. If there is nothing to it, it will be quickly dismissed.

Again, my main point is that his Tweeting causes more problems for him than it solves.
I tend to agree but he's not going to stop so I'm not going to stress over it I just find the idea of people suing to stop the President or anyone else from being able to control their twitter account how they wish pretty silly.
I'm sure the Democrats don't want him to stop either. More likely it's the Republicans running for reelection who are shitting in their boots.
My advice to those Republicans would be if someone ask you about Trumps tweets tell them if you want to talk about Trumps ask him about them.
Good advice. Nonetheless, BS like this detracts from both President Trump's and the Republican Congress's agenda meaning the DNC loves every minute of it.

"The First Amendment applies to this digital forum in the same way it applies to town halls and open school board meetings," he said.

Wrong!

The first Amendment applies to the actions of government, not to private citizens and companies. Since Twitter is a non government entity, it isn't subject to the same constitutional restraints as the government is.

Oh, and get this, the president is still a citizen himself, and has a constitutional right to block whomever he wishes from his twitter account.
It has to do with transmission of frequency in open air, which the govt. does claim...
Like this forum? The Radio or broadcast televsion?

Sorry, but I think the crux of this lawsuit is that the WH has admitted his Tweets constitute "official policy", therefore it's a "government" account meaning "We, the People" should have equal opportunity to access it. Blocking all is fine. Blocking none is fine. Blocking some because they aren't friendly is not fine.

Only when it's an elected official. You and I are free to block whomever we like. Let's see how this plays out in court over the next 6-12 months leading up to the November 2018 elections.

It's stupid and just more butt hurt
Nonetheless, it's an interesting case which we'll see dragged out over the next year.

President Trump vs. We, the People regarding the First Amendment. Should be very, very interesting!

Any judge worth his/her salt will laugh and toss it
Is that like declaring the election corrupt if you lose but honest if you win?

No it's like some butthurt loons bringing forth frivolous lawsuits
Probably, but it's the law that counts, not the feelings hurt on either side of the political divide.

Seems like a rather silly lawsuit to me I mean for Gods sake you can block posters here so you don't have to see them but other people still can you can block people on Facebook you can block people on your cell phone. Just because one has a twitter or any social media account doesn't mean you don't have the right to decide who you want to see and hear from and who you don't.
I have no doubt there's some Democratic Party money supporting the suits. Still, if there is anything to it, the lawsuit detracts from President Trump's agenda. If there is nothing to it, it will be quickly dismissed.

Again, my main point is that his Tweeting causes more problems for him than it solves.
I tend to agree but he's not going to stop so I'm not going to stress over it I just find the idea of people suing to stop the President or anyone else from being able to control their twitter account how they wish pretty silly.
I'm sure the Democrats don't want him to stop either. More likely it's the Republicans running for reelection who are shitting in their boots.
My advice to those Republicans would be if someone ask you about Trumps tweets tell them if you want to talk about Trumps ask him about them.
Good advice. Nonetheless, BS like this detracts from both President Trump's and the Republican Congress's agenda meaning the DNC loves every minute of it.
Right now it seems like the Democrats are doing exactly what the Republicans did with Obama overplaying everything.

"The First Amendment applies to this digital forum in the same way it applies to town halls and open school board meetings," he said.

Wrong!

The first Amendment applies to the actions of government, not to private citizens and companies. Since Twitter is a non government entity, it isn't subject to the same constitutional restraints as the government is.

Oh, and get this, the president is still a citizen himself, and has a constitutional right to block whomever he wishes from his twitter account.
It has to do with transmission of frequency in open air, which the govt. does claim...

Sorry, but I think the crux of this lawsuit is that the WH has admitted his Tweets constitute "official policy", therefore it's a "government" account meaning "We, the People" should have equal opportunity to access it. Blocking all is fine. Blocking none is fine. Blocking some because they aren't friendly is not fine.
I think it's waste of time in the first place, unless you have time to kill while on the terlit...

Wrong!

Thank you for posting this.

We hear this so often - that being told to shut up is an attack on your First Amendment rights. If people would just read the first 5 words of the FA, they'd get it.

Wrong!

President Trump is the "government". Since it's been admitted that his tweets constitute official policy, it opens him up to this lawsuit. Of course, that doesn't mean those suing will win, but as I mentioned in the OP, the fact he does makes him vulnerable to lawsuits.

Divine.Wind No, he's not The Government. Even if he has the kind of power you seem to believe, he's not congress. Again, read the first 5 words of the First Amendment.

Of course trump should not stop his idiotic twitting.
And, I would think he has the right to block people if he wants. Its a dumb thing to do but its trump so --

Right now it seems like the Democrats are doing exactly what the Republicans did with Obama overplaying everything.
Agreed 100%. It's the same political BS. Partisans attacking partisans for being partisans.

In this particular case, the problem is self-made. All President Trump has to do is either stop blocking the trolls (a bad option IMHO), block everyone (a fair option) or stop Tweeting opinions that draw trolls. Like this Tweet this morning: Donald J. Trump on Twitter
My son Donald did a good job last night. He was open, transparent and innocent. This is the greatest Witch Hunt in political history. Sad!
4:19 AM - 12 Jul 2017

While defending is son is understandable, the theatrics of declaring the investigation "the greatest Witch Hunt in political history" invites people to ask him if he ever heard of Senator Joseph McCarthy. There are over 35,000 comments on that single Tweet. I'm sure the President's political opponents and night show hosts love combing through the responses for juicy bits. It's distracting to the agenda.

Wrong!

President Trump is the "government". Since it's been admitted that his tweets constitute official policy, it opens him up to this lawsuit. Of course, that doesn't mean those suing will win, but as I mentioned in the OP, the fact he does makes him vulnerable to lawsuits.
Who has admitted that trump tweets are official policy. Link please!

Wrong!

I think it's waste of time in the first place, unless you have time to kill while on the terlit...
Or a posse of LW Lawyers on retainer. :D

Wrong!

The WH Press Secretary: White House: Trump's tweets are 'official statements' - CNNPolitics.com

And therefore they have to save them. Has nothing to do with blocking replies from someone, as they do when they screen calls coming into the White House and always have.

Wrong!

The WH Press Secretary: White House: Trump's tweets are 'official statements' - CNNPolitics.com

Agreed 100%. It's the same political BS. Partisans attacking partisans for being partisans.

In this particular case, the problem is self-made. All President Trump has to do is either stop blocking the trolls (a bad option IMHO), block everyone (a fair option) or stop Tweeting opinions that draw trolls. Like this Tweet this morning: Donald J. Trump on Twitter
My son Donald did a good job last night. He was open, transparent and innocent. This is the greatest Witch Hunt in political history. Sad!

While defending is son is understandable, the theatrics of declaring the investigation "the greatest Witch Hunt in political history" invites people to ask him if he ever heard of Senator Joseph McCarthy. There are over 35,000 comments on that single Tweet. I'm sure the President's political opponents and night show hosts love combing through the responses for juicy bits. It's distracting to the agenda.
I'm not on twitter don't plan on being on it so the only way I hear about Trumps tweets are through the media or someone posting about them here or on Facebook. I saw two Democratic Congressmen introduced an article of impeachment against Trump today right now both sides seem to be in dead heat to see who can out stupid the other.

I'm not on twitter don't plan on being on it so the only way I hear about Trumps tweets are through the media or someone posting about them here or on Facebook. I saw two Democratic Congressmen introduced an article of impeachment against Trump today right now both sides seem to be in dead heat to see who can out stupid the other.
I have a Twitter account but rarely use it except to read certain accounts, Trump's being one of them.

Forum List

Back