President Trump Asks All Cabinet Department to Cut Budgets by 5%

Another campaign promise he’s trying to keep. If Congress doesn’t block him as usual.

Earlier Wednesday, during an interview with Fox Business Network, Trump said cutting the budget is "not as tough as you think, and frankly there’s a lot of fat in there."

He attributed a recent spike in federal spending to the needs of the military.

"You know we’re doing a lot of things, a lot of great things," he said. "But now I’m going to also do some cutting of the budget."

This year's deficit could have been higher, Treasury said, but the timing of certain payments was shifted.

Earlier this week, Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin suggested that the rising deficit was the "dire consequences of irresponsible and unnecessary spending.”

But a report from the nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office, released earlier this month, said tax cuts Congress approved last year partially led to the deficit jump.

More @ President Donald Trump says he'll ask Cabinet to cut department budgets by 5 percent
Its a start. Now Liberals who suddenly found fiscal religion will bitch about budget cuts.

It's a good start. If we just cut spending by a few percent each year while the economy grows, we can get to a balanced budget.

OMFG. you are fvcking kidding, right?

The GOP & Trump are telling the WORLD that the economy is on FIRE but the deficit is at a SIX YEAR RECORD HIGH, because of the tax cuts & Trump is blaming the Democrats.

If you actually believe any of this crap coming from Trump, or the GOP, then there is NO HELPING YOU.

Ya dumbfuck!!!
Barry was the one who ran up the deficit and made no cuts in spending.
We now have record tax income now we need to cut costs.

The deficit got smaller for 6 straight years under Obama.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

What GG says is correct, 6 years in a row Obabble cut the deficit. Sounds impressive, doesn't it!

But wait! How big were the deficits? Well, between GW and Obabble, they were awful, and Trump isn't starting out to good either!

But here is the key------------> If Obabble could spend, spend, spend because we were in recession while proclaiming tarp 1, tarp 2, and porkulus, then I guess Trump can spend because he has to rebuild the military that Obabble took from. The only question is-------> is the 5% CUT a cut, or is it a cut from the rate of growth?

And finally, I have a pertinent question about spending-------------> If 100% of the working taxpayers are contributing to Medicare and only 15% of the population is on that program; and that program is projected to go broke by 2026...…………………….then how can we put 100% of the population on it, without MASSIVELY raising taxes on working Americans, putting or economy into a tailspin, which is what the Democrats are running on!

Under their own plan, it would cost 30 TRILLION dollars for the 1st 10 years, and to get to that lowly sum, they are cutting payments to hospitals and doctors by 40 percent. What they DO NOT tell you is---------------> If a doctor or hospital takes just medicare today as payment, they are already LOSING money.

Sooooooooo, knowing you are all thinking individuals, what do YOU think would happen if the Far Left got its way to hospitals, and doctors...……….along with YOUR ability to get medical care?
The Great Obama was trying to provide economic stimulus for an economy headed for Depression

Crooked Donnie tells us he has a massive economy......why does he need to borrow?

It's a good start. If we just cut spending by a few percent each year while the economy grows, we can get to a balanced budget.

The GOP & Trump are telling the WORLD that the economy is on FIRE but the deficit is at a SIX YEAR RECORD HIGH, because of the tax cuts & Trump is blaming the Democrats.

If you actually believe any of this crap coming from Trump, or the GOP, then there is NO HELPING YOU.

Ya dumbfuck!!!

Is that how he doubled the debt in 8 years?
Obama reduced the debt to less than half a trillion dollars in eight years.

In less than two years, Trump has accelerated it back to one trillion dollars. Literally four times the rate it took Obama to reduce it.

Trump is on track to smash Obama's debt record wide open. By many trillions.

Trump has literally increased our deficit by one hundred percent.

So you can imagine the belly laugh I had when Trump asked the Cabinet to reduce their spending by a piddling five percent.

It's theater for you innumerate credulous rubes.

A little history wouldn't hurt.

In 2008-2009, the deficit was bloated with the temporary funding of the bank bail out. Obama benefited from the bank repayments in subsequent years. He bloated up 2009 with the Porkulus, creating the illusion of cutting the deficit while it was at high levels and piling on debt.

The 2nd column shows the annual deficit; the 3rd the increase in debt; the 4th is the deficit as a % of GDP. The final column notes the key items affecting the deficit.

I'll also note that Obabble had ZIRP for most of his terms, so the interest on the debt was very low. Now that rates are increasing, we are having to pay for his debt binge.

Deficit.jpeg

Is the U.S. Budget Deficit Really That Bad?

Years ago the Grace Commission tried to streamline the government and eliminate duplication, never happened. Too many turf battles.

Another campaign promise he’s trying to keep. If Congress doesn’t block him as usual.

Earlier Wednesday, during an interview with Fox Business Network, Trump said cutting the budget is "not as tough as you think, and frankly there’s a lot of fat in there."

"You know we’re doing a lot of things, a lot of great things," he said. "But now I’m going to also do some cutting of the budget."

This year's deficit could have been higher, Treasury said, but the timing of certain payments was shifted.

Earlier this week, Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin suggested that the rising deficit was the "dire consequences of irresponsible and unnecessary spending.”

But a report from the nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office, released earlier this month, said tax cuts Congress approved last year partially led to the deficit jump.

More @ President Donald Trump says he'll ask Cabinet to cut department budgets by 5 percent
Its a start. Now Liberals who suddenly found fiscal religion will bitch about budget cuts.

Ya dumbfuck!!!

What GG says is correct, 6 years in a row Obabble cut the deficit. Sounds impressive, doesn't it!

But wait! How big were the deficits? Well, between GW and Obabble, they were awful, and Trump isn't starting out to good either!

But here is the key------------> If Obabble could spend, spend, spend because we were in recession while proclaiming tarp 1, tarp 2, and porkulus, then I guess Trump can spend because he has to rebuild the military that Obabble took from. The only question is-------> is the 5% CUT a cut, or is it a cut from the rate of growth?

And finally, I have a pertinent question about spending-------------> If 100% of the working taxpayers are contributing to Medicare and only 15% of the population is on that program; and that program is projected to go broke by 2026...…………………….then how can we put 100% of the population on it, without MASSIVELY raising taxes on working Americans, putting or economy into a tailspin, which is what the Democrats are running on!

Under their own plan, it would cost 30 TRILLION dollars for the 1st 10 years, and to get to that lowly sum, they are cutting payments to hospitals and doctors by 40 percent. What they DO NOT tell you is---------------> If a doctor or hospital takes just medicare today as payment, they are already LOSING money.

Sooooooooo, knowing you are all thinking individuals, what do YOU think would happen if the Far Left got its way to hospitals, and doctors...……….along with YOUR ability to get medical care?
The Great Obama was trying to provide economic stimulus for an economy headed for Depression

Crooked Donnie tells us he has a massive economy......why does he need to borrow?

Because he has to rebuild the military that Obama ignored!

Ya dumbfuck!!!

Then don't cut taxes for the top rate.

We are still waiting the results of previous directives to determine what agencies are superfluous and duplicate what others do. I love our president but this appears to be an almost impossible task. Hell, nobody even knows how many federal agencies there are.

We are still waiting the results of previous directives to determine what agencies are superfluous and duplicate what others do. I love our president but this appears to be an almost impossible task. Hell, nobody even knows how many federal agencies there are.

That is actually one of Trump's better moves, he did not tell each agency to cut 5%, he is telling each Cabinet Secretary to do so.

Every agency falls under one of them.

Ya dumbfuck!!!

Then don't cut taxes for the top rate.

Hey, BULLSHIT! Did you see your BLOOMBERG report? That less than 1500 people pay MORE than the bottom 50%? You guys are pathetic!

I suggest we should cut 5% above the cuts we need to balance the budget.

There is no reason we can’t run a balanced budget. Put the 5% to paying down the debt

There is no reason we can’t run a balanced budget. Put the 5% to paying down the debt

Baby steps...you cannot eat an elephant in one bite.

Ya dumbfuck!!!

In less than two years, Trump has accelerated it back to one trillion dollars. Literally four times the rate it took Obama to reduce it.

So you can imagine the belly laugh I had when Trump asked the Cabinet to reduce their spending by a piddling five percent.

It was THE SAME LAUGH the Great Orange Jackass received from the full UN :206:

Trump to request 5 percent cut from Cabinet members

President Trump on Wednesday said he was planning on asking every Cabinet secretary to cut 5 percent from their budgets.

"We're going to ask every secretary to cut 5 percent for next year," he said ahead of a Cabinet meeting.

Trump blamed Democrats for the increase in spending.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The BEST PART? Trump is blaming Democrats :21:

Limme C; GOP House, GOP Senate, GOP POTUS.

Yep; it's the Democrats fault :21:

You cannot make this shit up; seriously :eusa_naughty:

Here you go America:
* the poor
* the working poor
* the working class
* the middle class
* YOU ARE ALL going to get SCREWED, AGAIN. Enjoy :206:

Get on your hands & knees assholes; take it like Americans
As usual, you have no cogent point.

"I'm going to run for office; let's say a Congressman or Senator. My platform will be I will bring no money back to our state. I will vote down any spending bill, and only support necessities. The question I have is, would you vote for me?"
Walter E Williams

Ya dumbfuck!!!

The problem with that is the Republicans took over the House in 2010, and that's when the deficit started to shrink. You can't give DumBama credit for something he fought against:

usgs_line.php.png

Having been in the military and in charge of a budget several times the reality is if you do NOT spend what they allotted they will cut it the next year. Does not matter why you did not need it this year and does not matter if you need it next year. There is ABSOLUTELY no INCENTIVE in Government to cut spending, NONE NADA.

A former coworker of mine was an employee at NASA. He would tell us stories about the waste because of what you just pointed out.

He said they would order office supplies and everybody took truckloads of them home because they were loaded with all kinds of office equipment and supplies. They tore down a sidewalk that went 500 feet and put in a new sidewalk even though the former sidewalk was only two years old.

They wasted as much money as humanly possible because if they didn't use the funds provided, they would be cut the next year. This is a policy that needs to be stopped.

So how can we stop this problem? We need to hire a waste manager. This is a person that will receive no salary. Instead, he or she gets 5% of whatever they save the taxpayer without disrupting government business. They will have full authority to examine budgets, visit government facilities, review spending and able to ask questions of the supervisor in charge of spending.

Problem solved.

Ya dumbfuck!!!

It was THE SAME LAUGH the Great Orange Jackass received from the full UN :206:

NPC-18-media-CNN-panel.jpg

Ya dumbfuck!!!

That’s after he boosted the shit out of it his first two. If he was such a deficit hawk how did the debt double during his time in office?

You want a Unicorn with that?

There is ABSOLUTELY a reason we can’t get balanced budget - deficits are a lot less unpopular than spending cuts and tax-raises.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back