President Ronald Reagan In His Own Words

Do you have a problem with the government providing opportunity? Republicans don't. Maybe democrats have a problem with the definition of "opportunity". Here it is... "a chance for advancement". The word lefties are looking for is "guarantee"...an agreement by which one person (the government) undertakes to secure another in the posession or enjoyment of something". That's more like it. Democrats prefer the government "guarantees" advancement. The bottom line is that cherry-picking Reagan quotes only shows how desperate the left has become.

President Ronald Reagan In His Own Words :eusa_whistle:

"Government can and must provide opportunity...foster productivity..." - President Ronald Reagan - 1981 - Inaugural Address

"How can we love our county and not love our countrymen, and loving them reach out a hand when they fall, heal them when they're sick, and provide opportunity to make them self-sufficient so they will be equal in fact and not just in theory?"
- Reagan reflecting on "the compassion that is so much a part of the make up of America."

---

Ronald Reagan February 6, 1911 – June 5, 2004

This Sunday will be Reagan's 100th birthday. What can we do to show the man in his own words? Plenty.

Are you working for Obama? Give me a break you have no idea what Reagan was about quit perpetrating you're bullshit. :cuckoo:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fRdLpem-AAs"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fRdLpem-AAs[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3Sb4RtFkmo"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3Sb4RtFkmo[/ame]

[ame="ttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJkMOjqwxFI"]ttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJkMOjqwxFI[/ame]

From his farewell speech

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yS4yf723kmY"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yS4yf723kmY[/ame]

More for the clueless..

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vlxjkp4s6Nk"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vlxjkp4s6Nk[/ame]

Do you have a problem with the government providing opportunity? Republicans don't. Maybe democrats have a problem with the definition of "opportunity". Here it is... "a chance for advancement". The word lefties are looking for is "guarantee"...an agreement by which one person (the government) undertakes to secure another in the posession or enjoyment of something". That's more like it. Democrats prefer the government "guarantees" advancement. The bottom line is that cherry-picking Reagan quotes only shows how desperate the left has become.

Opportunity...it's a liberal democratic principle. :eusa_shhh:

President Ronald Reagan In His Own Words :eusa_whistle:

"Government can and must provide opportunity...foster productivity..." - President Ronald Reagan - 1981 - Inaugural Address

"How can we love our county and not love our countrymen, and loving them reach out a hand when they fall, heal them when they're sick, and provide opportunity to make them self-sufficient so they will be equal in fact and not just in theory?"
- Reagan reflecting on "the compassion that is so much a part of the make up of America."

---

Ronald Reagan February 6, 1911 – June 5, 2004

This Sunday will be Reagan's 100th birthday. What can we do to show the man in his own words? Plenty.

Are you working for Obama? Give me a break you have no idea what Reagan was about quit perpetrating you're bullshit. :cuckoo:

I lived through his recession, his bullshit and I've read much on his legacy...the true legacy, not the Conservative hype that goes by the name of The Reagan Legacy Project

How Republicans created the myth of Ronald Reagan
With the Gipper's reputation flagging after Clinton, neoconservatives launched a stealthy campaign to remake him as a "great" president. The Reagan Legacy Project

Reagan had good ideals but I have to wonder how much he really ran things considering his affliction.

I suspect that pretty much the same bunch ran things then as did during the bush II presidency.

I have a hard time remembering exactly what it was he did.

I remember Iran Contra.

I remember him taking credit for what previous presidents did against the USSR.

I remember him doubling the deficit.

I remember him raising taxes.

I remember him kicking out the mentally ill to live in the streets.

I remember he hated his son studying ballet.

What else he did, I can't really remember.

Created or saved 80 million jobs......

Reagan had good ideals but I have to wonder how much he really ran things considering his affliction.

I suspect that pretty much the same bunch ran things then as did during the bush II presidency.

I remember Iran Contra.

Yep, I think he was sold a bill of good on most of that. Cheney, Rummy and Bush I were some of the ones behind Iran Contra.

You left out Grenada, Nicaragua, etc.
'
He also cut off SS survivors benefits at 18 even for those in school. and raised the withholding too much so that he had lots of surplus money to spend and cook the books a bit with to make the debt look less bad.

Yep...had my SSI cut off.

He also instituted Taxes for Tips and unemployment I believe.

But the crowning achievement was skating on Iran/Contra while violating the Constitution.

Treason was never so well loved by the American people.

I remember Iran Contra.

Ushered in some of the biggest financial/bank meltdowns in history. And started the wave of bailouts.

Pretty good for a treasonous President.

I remember Iran Contra.

Ushered in some of the biggest financial/bank meltdowns in history. And started the wave of bailouts.

Good thing no one takes you or rdean seriously.......

I remember Iran Contra.

he did sell arms for hostages...and lied about it to the American people. YEt the same tools that love him hate Clinton because he lied about a private affair.

gawd, the right is so morally bankrupt,.
:evil:

he did sell arms for hostages...and lied about it to the American people. YEt the same tools that love him hate Clinton because he lied about a private affair.

How many bags of cash did Reagan accept from Chinese monks?...... :eusa_whistle:

And the kicker was..Contras liked to rape and murder Christian Nuns.

Man. Conservatives sure do have some strange heroes.

You need the video of Reagan admitting to treason? In his very own precious words?

I've posted it many many times. It never gets old.

How many bags of cash did Reagan accept from Chinese monks?...... :eusa_whistle:

Reagan sold Cocaine to Chinese monks?

Gosh..the villiany knows no end..

You need the video of Reagan admitting to treason? In his very own precious words?

I've posted it many many times. It never gets old.

No need, i found it .....

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BFeoj75fF_E"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BFeoj75fF_E[/ame]

Rock on !! :rock:

Forum List

Back