President revokes habeas corpus

Habeus Corpus was sidelined in 2001 when the ruling oligarchy used the Bush Administration to take away our civil protections. Bush was instructed to sell it as a means to prevent terrorists from affecting the American way of life.

As a representative of the same ruling oligarchy, Obama is simply doing the same thing.

No surprises. Nothing to see here. Move it along. Everything is fine....

Habeus Corpus was sidelined in 2001 when the ruling oligarchy used the Bush Administration to take away our civil protections. Bush was instructed to sell it as a means to prevent terrorists from affecting the American way of life.

As a representative of the same ruling oligarchy, Obama is simply doing the same thing.

Yep...the sad thing is that people don't realize that if they give up power to one President the next one isn't going to give it up. I didn't expect any of the major candidates (McCain, Obama, Clinton) to do it so I'm not surprised.

It does suck though.

Yep...the sad thing is that people don't realize that if they give up power to one President the next one isn't going to give it up. I didn't expect any of the major candidates (McCain, Obama, Clinton) to do it so I'm not surprised.

It does suck though.

Well, we live under different circumstances today than we did 50 years ago. Back then, it was quite possible that a President might reverse a bad or unconstitutional decision that came from a previous administration.

Today, our elections are manipulated by the media, and the senior leadership in both parties is controlled by the same oligarchy of ruling banks - just as Thomas Jefferson and Andrew Jackson warned would happen if we ever lose our independent media.

So when we have successive Presidents, instead of reversing the bad decisions of previous Administrations, they build upon them and make them permanent. The goal of our White House for the past 30 years has been to incrementally prepare us for integration into a larger economic system while maintaining the facade that we are still a sovereign nation.

If I remember the case correctly I am thinking of, it cited a SC ruling where a HC "substitute" would be acceptable, as long as certain safeguards were met.

Forum List

Back