CDZ President might have authority to simply appoint SC judge

Yeah keep babbling all you want

At the end of the day the fact

Remains that without approval of Congress

A supreme Court appointment won't last

Finally, something true. You are correct, a permanent appointment must be confirmed by the Senate and recess appointments end with the Congressional session.

>>>>>
That is what I said all along

Babble some more

Nope, that's not what you said.

You said recess appointments end with the Presidency, the end of a Congressional Session and the end of a Presidents term on not the same thing.

Want me to quote your statements again/

>>>>

Let's see who normal would think was right.

Guide to the Constitution
https://www.senate.gov/CRSReports/crs-publish.cfm?pid='0DP+P\W; P

or the far right nutjobs here.

Though I recognize what is meant by recess as it pertains to Congress, as far as I'm concerned, all of its members -- Senators and Congressmen -- are on what children think of as recess most of the time, as far as I'm concerned.
Yes, their work days are literally flurries of activity all day long, but it's still basically a three day work week for a job paying ~180K/year of yours and my tax dollars and having a total, on average, of about 160 days a year and for which the qualifications are having reached a minimum age and citizenship, that last bit being only to point out that literally any fool who can get themselves elected can do the job.

So tell me, given their work schedules, how is it at all asking too much that the federal representatives, Senators in this case, simply hold the damn session and vote on the SCOTUS appointee? The GOP have a majority in the Senate. They can hold the vote, vote against the nominee and be done. and they can do so for every nominee the President submits. As far as I'm concerned, that's enough for me to have no good reason to bitch about them not doing their job, regardless of my position on the actual nominee and their "nay" vote re: the nomination.

Finally, something true. You are correct, a permanent appointment must be confirmed by the Senate and recess appointments end with the Congressional session.

>>>>>

Babble some more

You said recess appointments end with the Presidency, the end of a Congressional Session and the end of a Presidents term on not the same thing.

>>>>

it is always what i have said

you are boring

Recess appointment are not mandated by law to end at a President's term.

That is not the law.

>>>>>

Babble some more

>>>>
WW, are you a sadomasochist?

You know that what you posted is absolute falsehood, right? Nothing about the Constitutions description of the Senates confirmation process requires a vote of any kind at all.

Nothing I said was false.
  • As I said-it is up to the Senate- not the majority leader.
  • He shall have Power.....,and he shall nominate and by and with the Advice and Consent of the Senate, shall appoint ....Judges of the supreme Court
  • One of the enumerated jobs of the Senate as shown above is to provide advice- and consent/denial of Justices- just as it is the job of the President to nominate and appoint justices.

When the Senate acts as a body, it can take many paths to act.

One such path is that the majority party leadership simply says no, bit me and the President needs to find a new nominee, as if Obama really was trying to get one passed in the Senate anyway.

The Constitution says with the advise and consent of the Senate- not the Majority leader.

Now if you want to change the Constitution so that it reads 'with the advise and consent of the Senate Majority leader'- well then the rest of the Senate would no longer have to be involved.

The Majority Leader of the Senate has the power and authority to act for the entire Senate in multiple ways and this is one of them.

I must have missed that part of the United States Constitution.

Can you tell me what section that is in?
Article 1 Section 5
Each House may determine the Rules of its Proceedings, punish its Members for disorderly Behavior, and, with the Concurrence of two thirds, expel a Member.

That is how the senate has set up its rules and the constitution gives the senate virtual carte blanch on how they are to run things. That includes giving the leader of the senate far reaching powers.

stop your lying

fact remains the president needs the approval of congress to have one of his nominees

placed in the SC for any amount of time

stop your lying

fact remains the president needs the approval of congress to have one of his nominees

1. Feel free to show where you made a claim and I lied about it.

2. You claimed recess appointments end with the Presidency, that is incorrect - recess appointments end at with the session of Congress. The two are not the same.

3. As to the statement above, if "any amount of time" means greater than 2 years, that is correct. Technically a President could make a recess appointment on his first day in office if the Senate is in recess, that appointment would stand for up to 2 years until the end of the Congressional session if the Senate takes no action.

>>>>

stop your lying

2. You claimed recess appointments end with the Presidency, that is incorrect - recess appointments end at with the session of Congress. The two are not the same.

3. As to the statement above, if "any amount of time" means greater than 2 years, that is correct. Technically a President could make a recess appointment on his first day in office if the Senate is in recess, that appointment would stand for up to 2 years until the end of the Congressional session if the Senate takes no action.

>>>>

babble on

stop your lying

>>>>
Which would be an act of war for any Congress that had the balls to stand up for its self.

stop your lying

babble on

I notice you didn't point out were I lied about anything.

Carry on.

>>>>

I swear that I think for some folks the definition of "lie" is "that which was or is unknown to or not understood by oneself prior to someone else pointing it out." LOL, but not altogether sarcastically.

Forum List

Back