President George Bush: 'Goodbye from the world's biggest polluter'

The_Hammer

Mar 17, 2008
From The Telegraph
The American leader, who has been condemned throughout his presidency for failing to tackle climate change, ended a private meeting with the words: "Goodbye from the world's biggest polluter."

He then punched the air while grinning widely, as the rest of those present including Gordon Brown and Nicolas Sarkozy looked on in shock.

Mr Bush, whose second and final term as President ends at the end of the year, then left the meeting at the Windsor Hotel in Hokkaido where the leaders of the world's richest nations had been discussing new targets to cut carbon emissions.

One official who witnessed the extraordinary scene said afterwards: "Everyone was very surprised that he was making a joke about America's record on pollution."

Mr Bush also faced criticism at the summit after Silvio Berlusconi, the Italian Prime Minister, was described in the White House press pack given to journalists as one of the "most controversial leaders in the history of a country known for government corruption and vice".

The White House apologised for what it called "sloppy work" and said an official had simply lifted the characterisation from the internet without reading it.

Concluding the three-day event, leaders from the G8 and developing countries proclaimed a "shared vision" on climate change. However, they failed to bridge differences between rich and emerging nations on curbing emissions.

Wow that's just. Wow...:cuckoo:

I think it's funny. He's been the victim of one of the worst smear campaigns I've sen in my lifetime. That he occasionaly takes a swipe back in no way comes close to evening the score.

This is one of the reasons I fault him the most. He never fights back. He has ammo and never uses it.

I think it's funny. He's been the victim of one of the worst smear campaigns I've sen in my lifetime. That he occasionaly takes a swipe back in no way comes close to evening the score.

Exactly, bashers can say everything in the book, but Bush can't defend himself or make a joke? What's the world coming to? I guess it's libs and bush bashers that want to restrict free-speech...

When Texans brag like that I get so embarrassed !!!!:D

What a clown. Thinking Americans must be totally embarrassed by this juvenile delinquent. Bush-huggers won't, but for the embarrassed ones - six months to go, six months to go :lol:

Our President has a sense of humor.... Libs need to get over it.

there is a famous lawyer who says he will prosecute bush for murder before he dies. he never lost a case. search for his book, "the prosecution of george w bush for murder".

and we will prosecute them for stealing from the treasury. that's why haloburton moved to dubai.

and other countries want to prosecute rumsfeld for war crimes.

the democrat congress and president won't protect them, unless they get paid off.

but many elected and appointed officials will pay. assets will be frozen.

just not until after the election.

I can't wait for true patriots to do a real 9 11 report and to investigate who sent out anthrax.

and I can't wait to kill or capture bushs buddy bin ladin. maybe he will testify and tel how bush and chaney plotted.

pnac. sort of a written confession, eh?

why do you defend such treason?

stolen elections, alberto gonzo clearly lying, taking habius corpus rights, spying, torture, pollution, etc. would you let the gop rape your family?

there is a famous lawyer who says he will prosecute bush for murder before he dies. he never lost a case. search for his book, "the prosecution of george w bush for murder".

and we will prosecute them for stealing from the treasury. that's why haloburton moved to dubai.

the democrat congress and president won't protect them, unless they get paid off.

I can't wait for true patriots to do a real 9 11 report and to investigate who sent out anthrax.

and I can't wait to kill or capture bushs buddy bin ladin. maybe he will testify and tel how bush and chaney plotted.

stolen elections, alberto gonzo clearly lying, taking habius corpus rights, spying, torture, pollution, etc. would you let the gop rape your family?

Yup, yu are fucking nutso fruitcake man. Bush can not keep a secret 10 minutes about spying, or planning something around the world, BUT he set up a secret attack on the US and has kept it secret for 7 years. AN attack that would have taken hundreds if not thousands of people to pull off, well unless he really did have 19 muslim terrorists working for him that is. He stole elections and NO one for 8 years has talked about how he did it.

I would put you on ignore for being THE STUPIDEST poster on this board, but hey I like to laugh and your posts sure are humorous.

I don't quite see how anyone can think of it "funny" or a "gotcha!"

President Bush in this situation is doing what he has done many times before, repeatedly acted not as a world leader and head of state, but as a juvenile.

What you do in your own house is your own business, but at an international meeting essentially insulting other heads of state is not the thing to do. And he's not doing so with a plan or providing a reason. It's not like telling someone their argument is stupid and proving why it's dumb, he's just being a douche. Just like what happened with Merkel. If I were at a meeting with, at best a colleague at worst a socio-political peer, I wouldn't be trying to massage them if we weren't close friends, especially if they were married. Bush doesn't behave like a head of state. Hell, if I got caught saying something like that at ANY meeting of peers I would immediately be called an ass, irregardless of whether or not I have been verbally bashed by that group. It's disgraceful to the nation.

The man's losin' it, I think.

He'd make excellent subject for a Shakepearian tragedy.

Much as I hate what I think he's done to this nation, I really almost feel sorry for him.

Dude
that's just so out there
pass whatever your smoking this way!

Forum List

Back