President Bush PAID for the Health Care for Illegal Immigrants for 8 Years!

illegals, outside of the ones using emergency care at hospitals will NOT get gvt subsidies for health insurance off of this health care reform once the Senate puts a stronger enforcement in their bill...it will then come out of Conference with it being ILLEGAL for ILLEGALS to get affordability credits if they are poor.
The HOUSE bill 3200 is so far the ONLY one that was actually ready to be voted on. They tried to RUSH it through before anyone could even read it, and failed in that attempt.

The various Senate bills are a different animal entirely.

And you don't actually KNOW what exactly the Senate bills will have in them. Since, as Dems are quick to point out, "there isn't one yet."

HOW could you let him do that? Pay for the health care of illegals with our tax dollars for the LAST 8 YEARS?

explain!:eusa_whistle:

go!

Illegals have always shown up in our emergency rooms and yes they have never been turned away, that's a large reason why the state of California is broke. They will always be taken care of, no one is ever turned away. That's why your President Obama, lied, when he said, " people are dying everyday due to the lack of health care. " That is pure unadulterated B.S. Until we get sound immigration reform and be able to check their citizenship status, which the dems voted down in lock step, you can't possibly get up there and say that illegals would not be covered under his public option. As it stands today, there is absolutely no way you can determine who is a citizen and who is not. Your party voted that legislation down.

In 1990 medicare was only projected to cost 9 billion it is now 10 times that amount. The government never is correct on the numbers they throw at you, now that system is broke as is Social secuity, medicaid and the postal service to name a few. You want them to take over 6% of our economy. Should he get this passed you will have a health care system that has the compassion of the IRS, the efficiency of the Postal Service, and it will look like the aftermath of Katrina. You libs are the most naive people on God's green earth, you keep trusting that big government philosophy that they will take care of all of your needs, they are nothing more than a spending on steroids organization taking from the JOB creators and future generations to support people who don't have the courage and fortitude to do it on their own. Get real.

Reform can easily happen in the private sector, we don't need another failed government program to bankrupt this already bankrupt country.

Last edited:
I kinda think the gvt has to help them MM...the hospitals can not take on this entire burden.

Neither can I.
You don't seem to understand that the government doesn't have any money to pay for things unless they take it from people like you and I. Why am I responsible for paying for my own health care and paying for the health care of somebody else? I don't have a problem paying for mine, it's the other people I shouldn't have to pay for, unless I choose to.

Do you think that the federal laws should be changed that mandate that emergency rooms treat all patients regardless of their ability to pay (EMTALA)?

Maybe ERs should adopt pre-pay policies. You tell them what your problem is, you pay cash (or credit card, money order, bank check) and then you can see the doctor. If he recommends a CT scan, you lay down $1K and the picture will be taken.

If you are in an accident and you are unconscious, just a few simple calls to your bank and your funds will be wired...then you can be seen.

There are some hospitals in this country that exclusively see people on government insurance or the poor who cannot pay anything. If the government did not help them, they would not exist.

We are no longer talking about illegal immigrants. We are talking about natural-born citizen. We are talking about you.

Evidently you missed my previous post when I stated that I had no problem with hospitals giving both legal and illegal citizens emergency treatment. Go back and read through the entire thread before you try and put words in my mouth.

Neither can I.
You don't seem to understand that the government doesn't have any money to pay for things unless they take it from people like you and I. Why am I responsible for paying for my own health care and paying for the health care of somebody else? I don't have a problem paying for mine, it's the other people I shouldn't have to pay for, unless I choose to.

Do you think that the federal laws should be changed that mandate that emergency rooms treat all patients regardless of their ability to pay (EMTALA)?

Maybe ERs should adopt pre-pay policies. You tell them what your problem is, you pay cash (or credit card, money order, bank check) and then you can see the doctor. If he recommends a CT scan, you lay down $1K and the picture will be taken.

If you are in an accident and you are unconscious, just a few simple calls to your bank and your funds will be wired...then you can be seen.

There are some hospitals in this country that exclusively see people on government insurance or the poor who cannot pay anything. If the government did not help them, they would not exist.

We are no longer talking about illegal immigrants. We are talking about natural-born citizen. We are talking about you.

AMEN! Xoi!

THESE goofs are arguing this for the sake of whining about Obama only....:cuckoo:

Please point out where I mentioned Mr Obama in this thread.
If you want to levy an accusation like that while quoting posts that include my words you better get your story straight.
I grow weary of people like you flinging false statements around that have no factual basis when it comes to what I've said.
Feel free to argue my points, don't throw in your personal false insinuations about my points.

That is not the objection!!!!!

what's the objection then...if you can speak for all the obama giving illegals health care threads?
By keeping myself INFORMED, I KNOW the actual objection is what I TOLD you it was earlier!
Everyone KNOWS hospitals must provide emergency care, and they ALWAYS have. And always will. That's NOT a Booooosh thing. Therefore now you are also doing what's called "moving the goalposts" because the "objectionists" do NOT object to that, they object to MASSIVE EXPANSION OF IT FOR ILLEGALS that loopholes in HR 3200 provide! They want the LOOPHOLES closed! They don't give a FLYING FUCK about Hospitals giving indigent emergency care. That's ALWAYS been there and MOST people are in favor of it.

Is "objectionist" even a word?
The Dems BLOCKED an amendment that would have specifically laid out that nothing in this bill provides NEW entitlements for illegals! It was BLOCKED and the loopholes remain!

THAT is the fucking objection, not your tired old strawman crap.

really...how about showing us this amendment, so we can read it....if they REALLY did such?

it is my understanding that those in a house committee presented an amendment that would have required Health Insurance Companies or Healthcare workers to verify such...AND THAT those who rejected it did so because this was too costly and cumbersome to put this immigration issue on to THEIR shoulders...especially when they are overburdened already but that the dems in the committee who were against this repub amendment SAID they would strengthen their measures presented so far...to keep illegals from getting these credits.

5 democrats on committee went along and voted yes, for this measure of the repubs....so the repubs were not alone ya know? yet you all keep repeating ALL DEMS voted it down LIE.....sheesh...regardless, this is MUCH TO DO, about Nothing!

When this bill comes out of conference, since both the House and the Senate have measures stating illegals can not get these gvt affordability credits, with the senate having stronger enforcement measures....the Bill out of conference will have stronger enforcement measures or the senate can stop the bill by voting against the conference reported bill...

gosh! :lol: that was a tongue twister!

And i am against this bill overall...especially if the public option or at least a private coop insurance option is NOT in the bill...

i believe without this competition, the insurance companies will be handed a GIFT HORSE by our gvt of 30-40 million new customers, WITHOUT EVEN having to truly COMPETE for them, which in turn will keep insurance policy prices HIGHER... just because the private companies CAN...especially since insurance is MANDATED under this bill.

care

Last edited:

AMEN! Xoi!

THESE goofs are arguing this for the sake of whining about Obama only....:cuckoo:

Please point out where I mentioned Mr Obama in this thread.
If you want to levy an accusation like that while quoting posts that include my words you better get your story straight.
I grow weary of people like you flinging false statements around that have no factual basis when it comes to what I've said.
Feel free to argue my points, don't throw in your personal false insinuations about my points.

oh gosh... i know you necessarily didn't mountain man...sorry...didn't mean that precisely as it came out... (also a slight confusion of MM's)

but I STARTED this thread because of what others were saying on all of these other threads on obama/illegals/lie/wilson threads out there...to mock what was being said or claimed.

BUT YOU ARE RIGHT! There are others that truly object for good objectionable reasons!

care

So, The entire Bush Presidency, most of which the republicans were in charge, why didn't they throw a FIT and cry like a baby the way they are now, regarding illegal immigrants getting health care on the tax payer's dime? Can you say, Hypocrisy?

For the same reason that the Dems are blowing off the fact that illegals w/be covered in the plan . . .because their party is in charge now. One coin, two sides.

illegals, outside of the ones using emergency care at hospitals will NOT get gvt subsidies for health insurance off of this health care reform once the Senate puts a stronger enforcement in their bill...it will then come out of Conference with it being ILLEGAL for ILLEGALS to get affordability credits if they are poor.

this WILL COST US MORE in the long run...paying emergency care vs health care coverage, but it is the politically correct thing to do.

anyone living in America, legal or illegal, can PURCHASE their own health insurance...this is not against the Law....private companies can sell to anyone with a buck in hand....so, there would be nothing the gvt would or could do, to stop this!

but they can stop the ''affordability credits'' going to them, and i have faith that they will prevent this because the republicans will be certain of such...especially the ones on the Senate Committee responsible for producing a Senate bill!

care

care4All is not telling the truth. The companies exclude everybody they can who remotely threaten their obscenely high profit margins. The health care industry drive for obscene profit is the primary cause of our problems with affordability and accessibility of health care. They caused the problem, and now they will 'pay' for the problem.

For the same reason that the Dems are blowing off the fact that illegals w/be covered in the plan . . .because their party is in charge now. One coin, two sides.

this WILL COST US MORE in the long run...paying emergency care vs health care coverage, but it is the politically correct thing to do.

anyone living in America, legal or illegal, can PURCHASE their own health insurance...this is not against the Law....private companies can sell to anyone with a buck in hand....so, there would be nothing the gvt would or could do, to stop this!

but they can stop the ''affordability credits'' going to them, and i have faith that they will prevent this because the republicans will be certain of such...especially the ones on the Senate Committee responsible for producing a Senate bill!

care

care4All is not telling the truth. The companies exclude everybody they can who remotely threaten their obscenely high profit margins. The health care industry drive for obscene profit is the primary cause of our problems with affordability and accessibility of health care. They caused the problem, and now they will 'pay' for the problem.

huh?

could you please rephrase that?

the health care bills out there have measures for pre existing conditions to be covered and i believe in at least one bill they have that the private insurers can not drop you, if you get sick and start costing them more?

but YES, the insurance companies are doing well enough, because the health care costs of those who use facilities and are sick most...OUR SENIORS...well, their costs are put on to medicare, or all of us.

HOW could you let him do that? Pay for the health care of illegals with our tax dollars for the LAST 8 YEARS?

go!

Illegals have always shown up in our emergency rooms and yes they have never been turned away, that's a large reason why the state of California is broke. They will always be taken care of, no one is ever turned away. That's why your President Obama, lied, when he said, " people are dying everyday due to the lack of health care. " That is pure unadulterated B.S. Until we get sound immigration reform and be able to check their citizenship status, which the dems voted down in lock step, you can't possibly get up there and say that illegals would not be covered under his public option. As it stands today, there is absolutely no way you can determine who is a citizen and who is not. Your party voted that legislation down.

In 1990 medicare was only projected to cost 9 billion it is now 10 times that amount. The government never is correct on the numbers they throw at you, now that system is broke as is Social secuity, medicaid and the postal service to name a few. You want them to take over 6% of our economy. Should he get this passed you will have a health care system that has the compassion of the IRS, the efficiency of the Postal Service, and it will look like the aftermath of Katrina. You libs are the most naive people on God's green earth, you keep trusting that big government philosophy that they will take care of all of your needs, they are nothing more than a spending on steroids organization taking from the JOB creators and future generations to support people who don't have the courage and fortitude to do it on their own. Get real.

Reform can easily happen in the private sector, we don't need another failed government program to bankrupt this already bankrupt country.

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: Well said!

really...how about showing us this amendment, so we can read it....if they REALLY did such?

care

http://blog.heritage.org/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/heller-6.pdf

Thank you so much zoom!

Ok, i just read it and I too would have rejected it as it is writen.

this puts the financial and physical Burden on to the Insurance Companies on the exchange and they are already burdened with too much, besides the fact that they are not the INS, or homeland security or an employer of the participants, they are a business selling them a service.

I have no problems if they find another way for this information to be verified before credits are given!

I am not too crazy about giving the insurance companies access to the social security system records either...

Care
AMENDMENT TO H.R.
OFFERED BY MR. HELLER OF NEVADA
(Amendment drafted to AAHCA09l001)
At the end of section 221, add the following new
subsection:
1 (h) APPLICATION OF INCOME AND ELIGIBILITY
2 VERIFICATION SYSTEM (IEVS) AND THE SYSTEMATIC
3 ALIEN VERIFICATION FOR ENTITLEMENTS (SAVE) PRO4
GRAMS.—In order to utilize the public health insurance
5 option, an individual must have had his or her eligibility
6 determined and approved under the Income and Eligibility
7 Verification System (IEVS) and the Systematic Alien
8 Verification for Entitlements (SAVE) programs under sec9
tion 1137 of the Social Security Act. The benefit deter10
mination and approval under this subsection shall be the
11 responsibility of the Exchange-participating health bene12
fits plan offering the public health insurance option.
At the end of section 242, add the following new
subsection:
13 (e) APPLICATION OF INCOME AND ELIGIBILITY
14 VERIFICATION SYSTEM (IEVS) AND THE SYSTEMATIC
15 ALIEN VERIFICATION FOR ENTITLEMENTS (SAVE) PROVerDate
Nov 24 2008 10:24 Jul 15, 2009 Jkt 000000 PO 00000 Frm 00001 Fmt 6652 Sfmt 6201 C:\TEMP\WMR6_002.XML HOLCPC
July 15, 2009 (10:24 a.m.)
F:\P11\NHI\REPUB\WMR6_002.XML
f:\VHLC\071509\071509.055.xml (444573|1)
1 GRAMS.—In addition to satisfying the eligibility require2
ments specified in subsection (a), to be considered an af3
fordable credit eligible individual, an individual must have
4 had his or her eligibility for the credit determined and ap5
proved under the Income and Eligibility Verification Sys6
tem (IEVS) and the Systematic Alien Verification for En7
titlements (SAVE) programs under section 1137 of the
8 Social Security Act. The benefit determination and ap9
proval under this subsection shall be the responsibility of
10 the Exchange-participating health benefits plan in which
11 the individual enrolls and attempts to utilize the credit.
◊
VerDate Nov 24 2008 10:24 Jul 15, 2009 Jkt 000000 PO 00000 Frm 00002 Fmt 6652 Sfmt 6301 C:\TEMP\WMR6_002.XML HOLCPC
July 15,

The HOUSE bill 3200 is so far the ONLY one that was actually ready to be voted on. They tried to RUSH it through before anyone could even read it, and failed in that attempt.

And you don't actually KNOW what exactly the Senate bills will have in them. Since, as Dems are quick to point out, "there isn't one yet."
The House bill, H.R. 3200, excludes anyone who is not a legal resident of the United States from coverage of extended insurance provisions. Section 246 reads, "Nothing in this subtitle shall allow Federal payments for affordability credits on behalf of individuals who are not lawfully present in the United States."

Last edited:

The House bill, H.R. 3200, excludes anyone who is not a legal resident of the United States from coverage of extended insurance provisions. Section 246 reads, "Nothing in this subtitle shall allow Federal payments for affordability credits on behalf of individuals who are not lawfully present in the United States."
without any means of verification

which means it WILL be

go!

Funny. While it is true, it is also true that there were many loud complaints from both the dems and repbs for those eight years as well. We are still complaining (well at least the conservatives are). Nothing has changed except for the fact that now the Dems seem to like the idea since their hero, Obama, is the one pushing it.

care for em--then charge em.

You think they are not charged for it? Why do you think that?

good point---what happens after they don't pay?

Often, illegals give false names, false SS numbers, fake addresses, and all of their contact information is false. I've seen this thousands of times. It's kind of difficult to collect a debt when: 1. They return to their country of origin, and we have no way of contacting them. 2. Even if they stay in the US...alias, fake SS number...how will we contact them to collect?

Sure they're charged. But how often do we collect?

go!

Are you talking about the Heller Amendment?

Forum List

Back