President Alexander Hamilton?

What was the name of the First Lady when James Buchana was President?

• Harriet Lane

• William Rufus DeVane King

• Pineapple

• He was never married and option A. was the White House Hostess during James Buchana Presidency...

Results are only viewable after voting.

Bruce_T_Laney

Platinum Member
May 27, 2014
Hell
It is amazing how many Americans fail their political history and believe Alexander Hamilton was a former President of this great country or that Sir Thomas More was also a former President...

Living proof the failure of our school system across this country...

Enjoy the chuckle, and remember neither Hamilton nor More were Presidents and neither was Franklin...

Was Alexander Hamilton President? — Pacific Standard

It is amazing how many Americans fail their political history and believe Alexander Hamilton was a former President of this great country or that Sir Thomas More was also a former President...

Enjoy the chuckle, and remember neither Hamilton nor More were Presidents and neither was Franklin...

Even I know that James Buchanan is the only American President who was never married.

I also think there were "rumours" about him. Ahem.

Some people also incorrectly think Benjamin Franklin was a President.

• Banned

Yeah, but the Sir Thomas More was the kicker for me!

I guess Political History here in the states is something not as important as keeping up with the Kardashians...

I doubt many can tell you the name of the VP candidate that was running with Michael Dukakis in the 1988 Presidential Elections, or the name of Walter Mondale VP candidate for the 1984 election but they could tell you what color of hair Kim Kardashian is wearing...

I guess Political History here in the states is something not as important as keeping up with the Kardashians...

I doubt many can tell you the name of the VP candidate that was running with Michael Dukakis in the 1988 Presidential Elections, or the name of Walter Mondale VP candidate for the 1984 election but they could tell you what color of hair Kim Kardashian is wearing...

Lloyd Bentsen and Geraldine Ferraro....Lloyd Bentsen also in Bill Clinton's first Cabinet at I think The Treasury. An Austrian girl knows more than some Americans about these things :smile:

Sir Thomas More is a very interesting historical figure.

• Banned

Lloyd Bentsen and Geraldine Ferraro....Lloyd Bentsen also in Bill Clinton's first Cabinet at I think The Treasury. An Austrian girl knows more than some Americans about these things :smile:

Bentsen comment to Dan Quayle "Senator, you're no Jack Kennedy" had to be one of the greatest comments I heard during that time.

Senator, you're no Jack Kennedy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The sad fact is so many Americans are ignorant about the great political history of this fine nation. They are more concerned about what Dr. Phil is saying or if the next Kardashian will be named some asinine name that most of us would consider retarded, and do not care about the political spectrum of this fine nation.

I know people can bing, google, or yahoo the answer but for me it mean something to know about the Barbary Wars to Operation Blue Bat ( not to be confused with dingbat which is just another name for Kim Kardashian )...

James Buchanan and William Rufus King lived together for 10 years, King referred to their relationship as a "communion" and they were named "Miss Nancy" and "Aunt Fancy" I think by Andrew Jackson.

I'm sure an "Aunt Fancy" was a name for a gay man during those times.

William Rufus King was later Vice-President to President Franklin Pierce.

James Buchanan and William Rufus King lived together for 10 years, King referred to their relationship as a "communion" and they were named "Miss Nancy" and "Aunt Fancy" I think by Andrew Jackson.

I'm sure an "Aunt Fancy" was a name for a gay man during those times.

William Rufus King was later Vice-President to President Franklin Pierce.

Nancy Boy is a slang term for a homosexual and you would sometimes hear look at that Nancy Fancy Boy that is light in the loafers...

So the usage of Miss Nancy and Aunt Fancy was indeed a slam against the individual sexuality of that day, and there many rumors about James and his " Friend " William...

Bing " First Gay American President " and it will bring you to James Buchanan...

Bentsen comment to Dan Quayle "Senator, you're no Jack Kennedy" had to be one of the greatest comments I heard during that time.

Senator, you're no Jack Kennedy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The sad fact is so many Americans are ignorant about the great political history of this fine nation. They are more concerned about what Dr. Phil is saying or if the next Kardashian will be named some asinine name that most of us would consider retarded, and do not care about the political spectrum of this fine nation.

I know people can bing, google, or yahoo the answer but for me it mean something to know about the Barbary Wars to Operation Blue Bat ( not to be confused with dingbat which is just another name for Kim Kardashian )...

I think a lot of people are just ignorant of history period, which is shocking.

I'm starting reading another book about The Gunpowder Plot, this written a few years ago by Lady Antonia Fraser.

"The Gunpowder Plot: Terror and Faith in 1605"

The Gunpowder Plot: Terror and Faith in 1605 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I have the hardback copy, it looks like this:

1719932.jpg

Here are reviews of it, pretty much all good as well:

The Gunpowder Plot

President Thomas Jefferson's Vice-President Aaron Burr is another interesting historical American figure, he killed Alexander Hamilton in a duel, using Wogdon pistols....I can't remember now, post-duel did Burr go on the run as a fugitive, I know he wasn't charged with the killing of Alexander Hamilton.

aaron-burr-completed-8-728.jpg

hamilton-burr_5.jpg

These are the actual Wogdon pistols used in the duel, they're in the J. P. Morgan-Chase Building in New York City:

7366d4edea074a1e90cad19ea676802f_view.jpg

Edited to add comment.

Last edited:

74 percent of Americans misspell Thomas Moore's name, twice, even after reading it in a story to which they linked.

"Living proof the failure [sic] of our school system across this country..."

Hmm. The OP article first says "Thomas Moore" and later "Sir Thomas More".

So did they mean both? Or did they mean just the one. If so, it is funny they misspelled the name in an article making fun of other people's ignorance, yes?

We need moore information.

Forum List

Back