pre workout sups

Discussion in 'Health and Lifestyle' started by Mr.Fitnah, Jan 20, 2011.

1. Mr.Fitnah

Mr.Fitnah Dreamcrusher

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,673
    Jack3d works and I mean it.
    You use anything to get you going and over the top?

2. Big Black Dog

Big Black Dog Gold Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,755
    Nitro patches, oxygen, and a little electric shock...

3. Mad Scientist

Mad Scientist Deplorable Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,684
  4. JamesInFlorida

JamesInFlorida Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +184
    I don't use anything when I lift. I eat a healthy light meal before (turkey sandwich for example). I think doing a proper warmup is much more important than any supplement is pre-workout. I always walk for about 6 minutes, do a light job, stretch before lifting.

After have a protein shake, and that's all you pretty much need.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2011
  5. ekrem

ekrem VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +375
    Classic and most effective.
    Everything else you buy is just 'marketing wonder-stuff' and money rip-off.

Don't buy water-free Caffeine from the free-market.
    Only buy Caffeine which is subject to sale by pharmacists, so you get laboratory sterile Caffeine.

It sells as "Coffeinum N 0.2g" and is produced by Mylan Dura.
    They sell it in 20 and 50 packages.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 21, 2011
  6. Zander

Zander Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,895
    You don't need any of that crap. It is all sales hype and disinformation.

Just remember - Everything you think you know about nutrition is probably wrong. Take for instance - the need for lots of PROTEIN!! What a crock! I exercise in a fasted state most of the time and have never lost an ounce of muscle. I only eat twice a day and never worry about a pre-or post workout snack shake or supplement- and I've never lost an ounce of muscle because of it. Some days I only eat about 1/3 of the "bodybuilder" recommended amount of protein - and still no loss of muscle. The food industry realized we are all getting fatter- so they came up with the most crackpot theory of all time....eat 6 times a day instead of 3!! So, like mindless drones, millions of health conscious people started to eat 6 small meals a day.....and they got fatter and fatter. The newest solution?? eat 8 times a day!! What's next? a steady drip of High Fructose corn syrup??

The bottom line is this - Jak'd , stacked, cracked - whatever product is - they are all designed to do one thing - separate you from your hard earned money. Exercise because it feels good and it makes you look good. Eat when you are hungry- and eat real food 80% of the time- like a caveman would - not soda's, cookies, pasta and bread. Do that and you'll look good naked. Isn't that why you are exercising anyway??

7. Mr.Fitnah

Mr.Fitnah Dreamcrusher

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,673
  8. G.T.

G.T. Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +27,589
    This is 90% bullshit, Zander, and because it works for you doesn't change that, it's merely anecdotal.

9. Zander

Zander Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,895
    What part is bullshit? We have over a million years of human evolution to look back upon. Do you think cavemen ate 6 meals a day with lean protein at each sitting? Did they also make sure to drink a Casein shake before bed, so they could "preserve" their lean muscle? Did they make sure to have a "pre-workout" shake before running away from a large predator?? Nope, nope and NOPE!! They ate what they could, when they could, and lifted heavy things once in a while. They were hunter gatherers and they could go weeks without food - and so can you. Powerful vested interests want you to eat 6 meals a day - not because it actually improves metabolism as they say, but because it sells more product. Period.

At any rate, I don't really care what you do - after all it's your money, your life, and your time. If you want to spend your cash buying supplements, pep pills, and Protein powder, go for it!! If eating 6 small meals a day is satisfying for you - go for it! The Placebo effect is probably worth it.

Personally, I'd rather eat a real meal with lots of satisfying real ingredients like steak, broccoli, and lots of butter- maybe once or twice a day; than eat like a bird 6 times a day. But that's just me. I am preparing a huge meal for tonight- about a pound of wild caught coho salmon, potatoes and leeks in a huge pile of butter, and a romaine salad with fresh roasted peppers, tomatoes, cucumbers and feta cheese.

I'll continue to do what I do - It works for me and plenty of other people. The problem is the system I use is free and requires very little discipline or money to follow....:lol:

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  10. uscitizen

uscitizen Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,807
    I like 1/2 bag of Chips Ahoy cookies and a big glass of chocolate milk before I work out.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1