Prayer meeting at USMB

Pray for humility. As Christians we need to be a light to the world. We can't do that without humility. We need to seek it from the Lord. By His grace we can receive it. But we have to Turkey humble ourselves because of the word. We need to offer Him a broken heart and a contrite Spirit. We have to pray for humility in ourselves and others. It's the only away to avoid what is coming.

Last edited:
Pray for humility. As Christiana we need to be a light to the world. We can't do that without humility. We need to seek it from the Lord. By His grace we can receive it. But we have to Turkey humble ourselves because of the word. We need to offer Him a broken heart and a contrite Spirit. We have to pray for humility in ourselves and others. It's the only away to avoid what is coming.
As Christiana we need to be a light to the world.

is christiana a new religion ? Or is that a Mormon thingy?

It's an autocorrect thing
More likely a typo thing, since the 'a' and 's' keys are adjacent on most keyboards...and "Christiana" isn't really a word (it's a relatively rare proper name at best).

You wouldn't want to be perceived as a liar, now would you, Avatar?

This is something new for everyone here. A Christian prayer meeting at USMB that can be joined in at any time as it is open 24/7!
Jesus Christ said,

For where two or more are gathered in my name, there I am in the midst.
Matthew 18:20

We will begin with reading of the Word of God - The first book of the New Testament is Matthew so we can begin there today. After reading several Chapters of the Word, we will have a time of worship by singing along with the praise and worship music posted. As we do this, we can each enter into the presence of the LORD. Words to each song will be posted under the video music so that each person participating can sing the songs (when available).

Last, after praise and worship we will post prayers for those who are in need of prayer, loved ones ( use first initial only please) co-workers, our communities - including USMB, our cities,our nation, the nations of the world who are in need of prayer, prayer for all who are suffering, the Muslims and Christians in India who are right now suffering greatly, the elderly Jews in Russia who are suffering, if anyone wants to add a group of people during prayer time - feel free to add them in, if it is a person you know only use first initial (example - Pray for C.) - and I will also post one myself for all the people on USMB, for our nation, nations of the world, for God to move mightily among us, that we may draw near to Him, and that He will draw near to us. I'm believing that each day as we set aside time to meet with Him in reading His Word, praise and worship and prayer - He will show up!

Everyone is invited!

As we do this each day? Get excited! Be expectant! You are going to notice the LORD drawing nearer to you, answering your prayers, you will be experiencing more joy, more peace, more wisdom throughout the day when you seek God first each day and set this time apart for Him! The LORD promises us that if we will draw nigh unto Him? He will draw nigh unto us!

Let my prayer be set forth before thee as incense, and the lifting up of my hands as the evening sacrifice.
Psalm 141:2
The LORD promises us that if we will draw nigh unto Him? He will draw nigh unto us!

Nigh? Who the hell talks like that? What is this England in the 1600's

It's an autocorrect thing
More likely a typo thing, since the 'a' and 's' keys are adjacent on most keyboards...and "Christiana" isn't really a word (it's a relatively rare proper name at best).

You wouldn't want to be perceived as a liar, now would you, Avatar?

If people want to pretend I'm lying for making an assumption

9/26/2015

Ezekiel Chapter 6 KJV Bible

1 And the word of the Lord came unto me, saying,

2 Son of man, set thy face toward the mountains of Israel, and prophesy against them,

3 And say, Ye mountains of Israel, hear the word of the Lord God; Thus saith the LordGod to the mountains, and to the hills, to the rivers, and to the valleys; Behold, I, even I, will bring a sword upon you, and I will destroy your high places.

4 And your altars shall be desolate, and your images shall be broken: and I will cast down your slain men before your idols.

5 And I will lay the dead carcases of the children of Israel before their idols; and I will scatter your bones round about your altars.

6 In all your dwellingplaces the cities shall be laid waste, and the high places shall be desolate; that your altars may be laid waste and made desolate, and your idols may be broken and cease, and your images may be cut down, and your works may be abolished.

7 And the slain shall fall in the midst of you, and ye shall know that I am the Lord.

8 Yet will I leave a remnant, that ye may have some that shall escape the sword among the nations, when ye shall be scattered through the countries.

9 And they that escape of you shall remember me among the nations whither they shall be carried captives, because I am broken with their whorish heart, which hath departed from me, and with their eyes, which go a whoring after their idols: and they shall lothe themselves for the evils which they have committed in all their abominations.

10 And they shall know that I am the Lord, and that I have not said in vain that I would do this evil unto them.

11 Thus saith the Lord God; Smite with thine hand, and stamp with thy foot, and say, Alas for all the evil abominations of the house of Israel! for they shall fall by the sword, by the famine, and by the pestilence.

12 He that is far off shall die of the pestilence; and he that is near shall fall by the sword; and he that remaineth and is besieged shall die by the famine: thus will I accomplish my fury upon them.

13 Then shall ye know that I am the Lord, when their slain men shall be among their idols round about their altars, upon every high hill, in all the tops of the mountains, and under every green tree, and under every thick oak, the place where they did offer sweet savour to all their idols.

14 So will I stretch out my hand upon them, and make the land desolate, yea, more desolate than the wilderness toward Diblath, in all their habitations: and they shall know that I am the Lord.

King James Version (KJV)
by Public Domain

Ezekiel Chapter 7

1 Moreover the word of the Lord came unto me, saying,

2 Also, thou son of man, thus saith the Lord God unto the land of Israel; An end, the end is come upon the four corners of the land.

3 Now is the end come upon thee, and I will send mine anger upon thee, and will judge thee according to thy ways, and will recompense upon thee all thine abominations.

4 And mine eye shall not spare thee, neither will I have pity: but I will recompense thy ways upon thee, and thine abominations shall be in the midst of thee: and ye shall know that I am the Lord.

5 Thus saith the Lord God; An evil, an only evil, behold, is come.

6 An end is come, the end is come: it watcheth for thee; behold, it is come.

7 The morning is come unto thee, O thou that dwellest in the land: the time is come, the day of trouble is near, and not the sounding again of the mountains.

8 Now will I shortly pour out my fury upon thee, and accomplish mine anger upon thee: and I will judge thee according to thy ways, and will recompense thee for all thine abominations.

9 And mine eye shall not spare, neither will I have pity: I will recompense thee according to thy ways and thine abominations that are in the midst of thee; and ye shall know that I am the Lord that smiteth.

10 Behold the day, behold, it is come: the morning is gone forth; the rod hath blossomed, pride hath budded.

11 Violence is risen up into a rod of wickedness: none of them shall remain, nor of their multitude, nor of any of their's: neither shall there be wailing for them.

12 The time is come, the day draweth near: let not the buyer rejoice, nor the seller mourn: for wrath is upon all the multitude thereof.

13 For the seller shall not return to that which is sold, although they were yet alive: for the vision is touching the whole multitude thereof, which shall not return; neither shall any strengthen himself in the iniquity of his life.

14 They have blown the trumpet, even to make all ready; but none goeth to the battle: for my wrath is upon all the multitude thereof.

15 The sword is without, and the pestilence and the famine within: he that is in the field shall die with the sword; and he that is in the city, famine and pestilence shall devour him.

16 But they that escape of them shall escape, and shall be on the mountains like doves of the valleys, all of them mourning, every one for his iniquity.

17 All hands shall be feeble, and all knees shall be weak as water.

18 They shall also gird themselves with sackcloth, and horror shall cover them; and shame shall be upon all faces, and baldness upon all their heads.

19 They shall cast their silver in the streets, and their gold shall be removed: their silver and their gold shall not be able to deliver them in the day of the wrath of theLord: they shall not satisfy their souls, neither fill their bowels: because it is the stumblingblock of their iniquity.

20 As for the beauty of his ornament, he set it in majesty: but they made the images of their abominations and of their detestable things therein: therefore have I set it far from them.

21 And I will give it into the hands of the strangers for a prey, and to the wicked of the earth for a spoil; and they shall pollute it.

22 My face will I turn also from them, and they shall pollute my secret place: for the robbers shall enter into it, and defile it.

23 Make a chain: for the land is full of bloody crimes, and the city is full of violence.

24 Wherefore I will bring the worst of the heathen, and they shall possess their houses: I will also make the pomp of the strong to cease; and their holy places shall be defiled.

25 Destruction cometh; and they shall seek peace, and there shall be none.

26 Mischief shall come upon mischief, and rumour shall be upon rumour; then shall they seek a vision of the prophet; but the law shall perish from the priest, and counsel from the ancients.

27 The king shall mourn, and the prince shall be clothed with desolation, and the hands of the people of the land shall be troubled: I will do unto them after their way, and according to their deserts will I judge them; and they shall know that I am the Lord.

King James Version (KJV)
by Public Domain

Ezekiel 8 King James Version (KJV)

1 And it came to pass in the sixth year, in the sixth month, in the fifth day of the month, as I sat in mine house, and the elders of Judah sat before me, that the hand of the Lord God fell there upon me.

2 Then I beheld, and lo a likeness as the appearance of fire: from the appearance of his loins even downward, fire; and from his loins even upward, as the appearance of brightness, as the colour of amber.

3 And he put forth the form of an hand, and took me by a lock of mine head; and the spirit lifted me up between the earth and the heaven, and brought me in the visions of God to Jerusalem, to the door of the inner gate that looketh toward the north; where was the seat of the image of jealousy, which provoketh to jealousy.

4 And, behold, the glory of the God of Israel was there, according to the vision that I saw in the plain.

5 Then said he unto me, Son of man, lift up thine eyes now the way toward the north. So I lifted up mine eyes the way toward the north, and behold northward at the gate of the altar this image of jealousy in the entry.

6 He said furthermore unto me, Son of man, seest thou what they do? even the great abominations that the house of Israel committeth here, that I should go far off from my sanctuary? but turn thee yet again, and thou shalt see greater abominations.

7 And he brought me to the door of the court; and when I looked, behold a hole in the wall.

8 Then said he unto me, Son of man, dig now in the wall: and when I had digged in the wall, behold a door.

9 And he said unto me, Go in, and behold the wicked abominations that they do here.

10 So I went in and saw; and behold every form of creeping things, and abominable beasts, and all the idols of the house of Israel, pourtrayed upon the wall round about.

11 And there stood before them seventy men of the ancients of the house of Israel, and in the midst of them stood Jaazaniah the son of Shaphan, with every man his censer in his hand; and a thick cloud of incense went up.

12 Then said he unto me, Son of man, hast thou seen what the ancients of the house of Israel do in the dark, every man in the chambers of his imagery? for they say, theLord seeth us not; the Lord hath forsaken the earth.

13 He said also unto me, Turn thee yet again, and thou shalt see greater abominations that they do.

14 Then he brought me to the door of the gate of the Lord's house which was toward the north; and, behold, there sat women weeping for Tammuz.

15 Then said he unto me, Hast thou seen this, O son of man? turn thee yet again, and thou shalt see greater abominations than these.

16 And he brought me into the inner court of the Lord's house, and, behold, at the door of the temple of the Lord, between the porch and the altar, were about five and twenty men, with their backs toward the temple of the Lord, and their faces toward the east; and they worshipped the sun toward the east.

17 Then he said unto me, Hast thou seen this, O son of man? Is it a light thing to the house of Judah that they commit the abominations which they commit here? for they have filled the land with violence, and have returned to provoke me to anger: and, lo, they put the branch to their nose.

18 Therefore will I also deal in fury: mine eye shall not spare, neither will I have pity: and though they cry in mine ears with a loud voice, yet will I not hear them.

King James Version (KJV)
by Public Domain

Ezekiel 9

1 He cried also in mine ears with a loud voice, saying, Cause them that have charge over the city to draw near, even every man with his destroying weapon in his hand.

2 And, behold, six men came from the way of the higher gate, which lieth toward the north, and every man a slaughter weapon in his hand; and one man among them was clothed with linen, with a writer's inkhorn by his side: and they went in, and stood beside the brasen altar.

3 And the glory of the God of Israel was gone up from the cherub, whereupon he was, to the threshold of the house. And he called to the man clothed with linen, which had the writer's inkhorn by his side;

4 And the Lord said unto him, Go through the midst of the city, through the midst of Jerusalem, and set a mark upon the foreheads of the men that sigh and that cry for all the abominations that be done in the midst thereof.

5 And to the others he said in mine hearing, Go ye after him through the city, and smite: let not your eye spare, neither have ye pity:

6 Slay utterly old and young, both maids, and little children, and women: but come not near any man upon whom is the mark; and begin at my sanctuary. Then they began at the ancient men which were before the house.

7 And he said unto them, Defile the house, and fill the courts with the slain: go ye forth. And they went forth, and slew in the city.

8 And it came to pass, while they were slaying them, and I was left, that I fell upon my face, and cried, and said, Ah Lord God! wilt thou destroy all the residue of Israel in thy pouring out of thy fury upon Jerusalem?

9 Then said he unto me, The iniquity of the house of Israel and Judah is exceeding great, and the land is full of blood, and the city full of perverseness: for they say, TheLord hath forsaken the earth, and the Lord seeth not.

10 And as for me also, mine eye shall not spare, neither will I have pity, but I will recompense their way upon their head.

11 And, behold, the man clothed with linen, which had the inkhorn by his side, reported the matter, saying, I have done as thou hast commanded me.

King James Version (KJV)
by Public Domain

For years when I have read these Chapters of Ezekiel the LORD has laid America on my heart - that this judgment is coming upon America and this morning it was on my heart again - so these are the Scriptures posted for today.

Verse 1
Have you heard about Jesus?
He died on Calvary
He died to save you and me
He died to set us free
Has anybody heard about my Jesus
He's always there
Through everyone of our trials
He is the only one who really cares

Chorus
You can call Him everyday
Even when you can't find your way
He'll be there to supply your needs
He's the only true friend you'll need
He's the greatest friend of all, have you heard?

Vamp
He's the greatest, have you heard?
Yes, Jesus loves you (altos)
Have you heard?
He'll be your friend until the end, (sopranos)
Have you heard?
He's the greatest friend of all
Have you heard?

Bridge
Jesus went to Calvary
To save a wretch like you and me
That's love, have you heard?
They hung him high they stretched Him wide
He hung his head, for me He died
But that's not how the story ends
For in three days He rose again
He's the greatest friend of all, have you heard?

http://www.music-lyrics-gospel.com/gospel_music_lyrics/have_you_heard_about_jesus_6478.asp

You mean your 'go-to' assumption in life that all apparent flub-ups must be anything but operator error? :dunno:

Not exactly the way I would phrase it but you are right that that shouldn't be the go-to assumption. I should take the time to look at it more carefully to see where the error occurred.

All the more reason to continue to pray for humility. Would you join me in my prayer? The more we are united as a people seeking to be humble the greater we can be blessed.

You been in the storm seems like forever
your nights of confusion has been so long
your ship has lost anchor and the storm's got you drifting
your night's almost over you can ride out your storm

Chorus:
Ride out the storm God is there with you
you may not feel him you're not alone
you're hurting now but your morning is coming
just hold on to Jesus and ride out the storm

Just remember God's promise, I'll never leave you
though the waters are raging, they'll do you no harm
don't give up the battle, for your answer is coming
just hold on to Jesus and ride out your storm

Repeat chorus

http://www.music-lyrics-gospel.com/gospel_music_lyrics/ride_out_the_storm_9119.asp

Blessed is he whose transgression is forgiven, whose sin is covered.

Blessed is the man unto whom the Lord imputeth not iniquity, and in whose spirit there is no guile.

When I kept silence, my bones waxed old through my roaring all the day long.

For day and night thy hand was heavy upon me: my moisture is turned into the drought of summer. Selah.

I acknowledge my sin unto thee, and mine iniquity have I not hid. I said, I will confess my transgressions unto the Lord; and thou forgavest the iniquity of my sin. Selah.

For this shall every one that is godly pray unto thee in a time when thou mayest be found: surely in the floods of great waters they shall not come nigh unto him.

Thou art my hiding place; thou shalt preserve me from trouble; thou shalt compass me about with songs of deliverance. Selah.

I will instruct thee and teach thee in the way which thou shalt go: I will guide thee with mine eye.

Be ye not as the horse, or as the mule, which have no understanding: whose mouth must be held in with bit and bridle, lest they come near unto thee.

Many sorrows shall be to the wicked: but he that trusteth in the Lord, mercy shall compass him about.

Be glad in the Lord, and rejoice, ye righteous: and shout for joy, all ye that are upright in heart.

Amen.

Psalm 32

You mean your 'go-to' assumption in life that all apparent flub-ups must be anything but operator error? :dunno:

Not exactly the way I would phrase it but you are right that that shouldn't be the go-to assumption. I should take the time to look at it more carefully to see where the error occurred.

All the more reason to continue to pray for humility. Would you join me in my prayer? The more we are united as a people seeking to be humble the greater we can be blessed.
There is no unity with those in cults, Avatar. You are involved in a cult. Mormon teaching is false doctrine. I'd appreciate it if you'd take your discussion with Capstone to a different thread. This isn't the place for it. Thank you.

There is no unity with those in cults, Avatar. You are involved in a cult. Mormon teaching is false doctrine. I'd appreciate it if you'd take your discussion with Capstone to a different thread. This isn't the place for it. Thank you.
A request to pray for humility for ourselves and our brethren isn't appropriate for a thread on prayer? But scriptures completely unrelated and music is?

Isn't the whole point of this thread to join together in prayer or is it the subject that upsets you? Is there something wrong with praying for humility? Is this not something we are disciples of Jesus Christ should be seeking?

A request to pray for humility for ourselves and our brethren isn't appropriate for a thread on prayer? But scriptures completely unrelated and music is?

Isn't the whole point of this thread to join together in prayer or is it the subject that upsets you? Is there something wrong with praying for humility? Is this not something we are disciples of Jesus Christ should be seeking?

Your argument with Capstone denying you made a typo isn't needed on this thread. Yes, we will pray the LORD gives you humility, Avatar. Those who have humility have no problem with admitting when they have made a mistake. Now please respect this thread and let's leave discussions to the rest of this forum. Not this thread. This isn't the place for it.

Your argument with Capstone denying you made a typo isn't needed on this thread. Yes, we will pray the LORD gives you humility, Avatar. Those who have humility have no problem with admitting when they have made a mistake. Now please respect this thread and let's leave discussions to the rest of this forum. Not this thread. This isn't the place for it.

I didn't deny making a mistake. I made an invitation to pray for humility for all of us. The Lord wants a humble people. I don't really care about a typo that was already corrected. Why did you wait until the discussion is resolved to say anything?

Forum List

Back