Powerful night for Wiccans and other Pagans.

SFC Ollie

Still Marching
Oct 21, 2009
Extreme East Ohio
It seems that the first time in about 380 years there will be a full lunar eclipse on the winter solstice. My bet is that many Wicans and other Pagans will be celebrating most of the night tonight. And as an added attraction this one will be topped off by the Ursid meteor shower.

Should be a hell of a show for sky watchers of any religion.

Actually it's been 456 years since the lunar eclipse occurred on the Winter Solstice. Sadly, it's cloudy and rainy here. I would have loved to have seen it.

:(

Actually it's been 456 years since the lunar eclipse occurred on the Winter Solstice. Sadly, it's cloudy and rainy here. I would have loved to have seen it.

Hmm, my source said 372 years. 1638 being the last time. Not that it matters; none of us was there to see it.....

Hmm, my source said 372 years. 1638 being the last time. Not that it matters; none of us was there to see it.....

Mine says 1554, and I'm not saying if I was there.

;)

Pfffffttttt...

True Blood suckers don't require an excuse for fufilling their natures.

It is snowing now and expected to change to freezing rain in the morn here.

Technically the eclipse occurs before the winter solstice. The solstice occurs at 6:38 pm EST on December 21st. Even though the eclipse occurs on the same day it is during the previous night/morning. So in ancient times this event would have no connection because a day will have seperated it. It is only in this media driven society that there is a a connection.

It is snowing now and expected to change to freezing rain in the morn here.

Technically the eclipse occurs before the winter solstice. The solstice occurs at 6:38 pm EST on December 21st. Even though the eclipse occurs on the same day it is during the previous night/morning. So in ancient times this event would have no connection because a day will have seperated it. It is only in this media driven society that there is a a connection.

OH ba humbug, don't spoil the fun.

Forum List

Back