Poverty Expert Ta-Nehisi Coates Bails on Newly-Purchased $2.1 Million Home After Media Attention

Stephanie

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2004
all together now. awwwwww, he's disappointed he was OUTED to show how he's a

typical race baiting two faced hypocrite: so called, Expert on poverty and how he's getting rich off the misery of others and now can't buy the 2MILLION dollar house because of safety concerns. :boohoo::crybaby::boohoo:

SNIP:
Poverty Expert Ta-Nehisi Coates Bails on Newly-Purchased $2.1 Million Home After Media Attention
  • Ta-Nehisi Coates, the award-winning journalist and author specializing in racial justice and black poverty, has cancelled plans to move into the posh Brooklyn brownstone he recently purchased for $2.1 million, citing personal safety concerns amid a storm of unwanted media attention.:boohoo:

The New York Post was first to report on the purchase, which was conducted through a limited-liability corporation established by Coates and his wife in an effort to conceal their identity.

Coates has become a prominent thought-leader in part due to the success of his 2015 memoir, “Between the World and Me,” a letter to his son about the history of racial injustice in America. It was one of the most discussed books in the country among university faculty members and New York Times subscribers, and won the National Book Award for non-fiction.

Coates, who used the proceeds from the successful memoir to finance the purchase of the brownstone in the Prospect-Leffert Gardens neighborhood of Brooklyn, expressed dismay at having to abandon his dream home::crybaby:
===========================

Attachments

• upload_2016-5-16_7-32-1.png
    upload_2016-5-16_7-32-1.png
    130.9 KB · Views: 83
I am lazy and not that interested in yet another left wing hypocrite. So could you just tell me what are his "safety" concerns? (OK, I will probably read the article)

OK, I read it.

Apparently he is scared of the same folks to which he made his fortune.

But of course that is a lie, he lives somewhere now and his "quiet" reference. Is that some racial code?

From the article:

Coates explained that, after his purchase of the home was publicized, his family would not be able to live there due to safety concerns and the perpetual stream of fans “showing up at your door (this happened once) or waiting for you on your stoop.”

“Our old neighborhood was not as quiet as we thought,” Coates wrote. “Nothing is quiet anymore—least of all us.”

Forum List

Back