Post your Favorite Quotes!

C-101

Old School Conservative
Apr 10, 2009
N. Korea
"A true friend freely, advises justly, assists readily, adventures boldly, takes all patiently, defends courageously, and continues a friend unchangeably."

William Penn

"Jesus Christ is the same yesterdays, today, and forever."

Hebrews 13:8

"The Constitution only gives people the right to pursue happiness. You have to catch it yourself."

Benjamin Franklin

"I love the man that can smile in trouble, that can gather strength from distress, and grow brave by reflection. 'Tis the business of little minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death."

Thomas Paine

"History does not long entrust the care of freedom to the weak or the timid."

Dwight D. Eisenhower

Luke 14:28 "For which of you, intending to build a tower, does not sit down first and count the cost, whether he has enough to finish it--

Lest, after he has laid the foundation, and is not able to finish, all who see it being to mock him, “saying, This man began to build and was not able to finish.”

Or what king, going to make war against another king, does not sit down first and consider whether he is able with ten thousand to meet him with twenty thousand?

Or else, while the other is still a great way off, he sends a delegation and asks conditions of peace.

So likewise, whoever of you does not forsake all that he has cannot be my disciple."

The vigorous man industriously striving for the improvement of his condition acts neither more nor less than the lethargic man who sluggishly takes things as they come. For to do nothing and to be idle are also action, they too determine the course of events.
-Ludwig von Mises

I believe that Gandhi's views were the most enlightened of all the political men in our time.

We should strive to do things in his spirit: not to use violence in fighting for our cause, but by non-participation in anything you believe is evil.
einstein_sig.jpg

What he really did was to write an apology for the prevailing policies of governments.
-Ludwig von Mises, speaking of Keynes

I have noticed even people who claim everything is predestined, and that we can do nothing to change it, look before they cross the road.
Stephen Hawking

I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image.
Stephen Hawking

It is not clear that intelligence has any long-term survival value.
Stephen Hawking

Humanity is a passing fad
-me

My goal is simple. It is a complete understanding of the universe, why it is as it is and why it exists at all.
Stephen Hawking

A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.
Friedrich Nietzsche

Ah, women. They make the highs higher and the lows more frequent.
Friedrich Nietzsche

Faith: not wanting to know what is true.
Friedrich Nietzsche

“You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
as4.gif
Friedrich Nietzsche

Insanity in individuals is something rare - but in groups, parties, nations and epochs, it is the rule.Friedrich Nietzsche“An ounce of action is worth a ton of theory.”
as4.gif
Friedrich Engels

“The state is not abolished, it withers away”
as4.gif
Friedrich Engels

Christianity was from the beginning, essentially and fundamentally, life's nausea and disgust with life, merely concealed behind, masked by, dressed up as, faith in "another" or "better" life.
from Nietzsche's The Birth of Tragedy, p.23, Walter Kaufmann transl.

Winston Churchill at a dinner party also attended by Lady Astor.

Lady Astor: Mr Churchill, if you were my husband I'd make you drink poison.
Churchill: Madaam, If I were your husband I'd drink it.

Some words from Aleister Crowley:

'If one were to take the bible seriously one would go mad. But to take the bible seriously, one must be already mad.'

'The joy of life consists in the exercise of one's energies, continual growth, constant change, the enjoyment of every new experience. To stop means simply to die. The eternal mistake of mankind is to set up an attainable ideal'

'The supreme satisfaction is to be able to despise one's neighbor and this fact goes far to account for religious intolerance. It is evidently consoling to reflect that the people next door are headed for hell'

'Roughly speaking, any man with energy and enthusiasm ought to be able to bring at least a dozen others round to his opinion in the course of a year no matter how absurd that opinion might be. We see every day in politics, in business, in social life, large masses of people brought to embrace the most revolutionary ideas, sometimes within a few days. It is all a question of getting hold of them in the right way and working on their weak points'

keep your friends close, but your enemies closer....

when you strike at a king, be sure to kill him.

if the government managed a desert, there would be a shortage of sand.

a general who cannot look on the field of battle dry eyed, will allow many men to be killed uselessly.

Those how cannot be the asse, beat the saddle.

I have several...but here are a few...

If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity, nothing else matters. ~Alan Simpson

Character is much easier kept than recovered. ~Thomas Paine

Your life may be the only Bible some people read. ~Author Unknown

The only exercise some people get is jumping to conclusions, running down their friends, side-stepping responsibility, and pushing their luck! ~Author Unknown

""One caveat: I've moved past threesomes. I'm now into foursomes. If someone backs out, then you've still got a threesome. If two people back out, you're still having sex." - Gegory House, MD

Romans 14:11 For it is written, as I live, saith the Lord, every knee shall bow to Me, and every tongue shall confess to God. 12 so then every one of us shall give account of himself to God.

John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: No man cometh unto the Father, but by Me.

Romans 10:13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

Revelation 20:10 And the Devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.

Revelation 21:4 And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: For the former things are passed away.

John 16:33 These things i have spoken unto you, that in Me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: But be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.

Exodus 15:18 The LORD shall reign for ever and ever.

Alot more than that..but I'll stop for now, haha.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back