Possible no more Twinkies and Wonder Bread

Discussion in 'Economy' started by Joe Steel, Nov 15, 2012.

1. Joe Steel

Joe Steel Class Warrior

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +119
    The closing of the Hostess plants in Cincinnati, Seattle and St. Louis appears to be an object lesson in the evils of vulture capitalism.

Hostess is owned by Ripplewood Holdings, a vulture capital firm, and two hedge funds, Silver Point Capital and Monarch Alternative Capital. As is typical for such parasites, they have loaded the company with debt and are slashing employment and benefits to maintain their profits.

According the union's fact sheet, Hostess has demanded a bankruptcy court allow:

These outrages must be stopped. The Hostess workers are standing strong against predatory capitalism for the rights of all American worker. They deserve every patriotic American's full support.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  2. editec

editec Mr. Forgot-it-All

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,617
    Their food is so shitty I will be surprised to learn that even bankruptsy protection will save them.

3. Two Thumbs

Two Thumbs Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,589
    Hey moran, their food is bad for people, liberals, like yourself, have been telling people that for years, and now in some states, food that you would be able to get is restricted in size or banned.

This is your doing. Now wallow in the horror that you have wrought.

:muahaha:

4. Rshermr

Rshermr VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +855
    Is it possible to provide a more ignorant post, two thumbs. I know you think it makes some sort of sense, but jesus h christ, twothumbs. That was stupid. Kinda like a limbaugh statement. You been listening to Rush???

5. Joe Steel

Joe Steel Class Warrior

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +119
    According to Hostess, sales have been holding-up. Whatever "liberals" have been saying about the health value of Twinkies, etc. doesn't seem to be the reason for the Company's difficulties. More than likely, the financial difficulties are caused by the kind of predation vulture capitalists like Ripplewood (and Bain Capital) inflict on their victims. They buy the company and suck cash out of it then try to get the money back by taking it from the employees.

6. Katzndogz

Katzndogz Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,337
    The company cannot be forced to continue to operate at a loss. Unless the government is prepared to take it over the way they took over GM and prop it up so that it can continue to operate at a loss, this game is over.

This is exactly what's happening in San Bernardino. The city stopped making payments to the public union, CALPERS. They ran out of money.

From suburb to basket case: How California city traveled the road to ruin - Open Channel

This is going to become the norm as companies and cities can no longer afford to fund the outsized pensions. They will simply go under. The way Hostess is doing now. Liberals can scream, they can tantrum. They can demand away, but the leeches are killing off the hosts and nothing can stop that.

7. Grandma

Grandma Geezer Chick Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,625

Time to get the unions back, otherwise the corporate fucks will hang us all out to dry.

8. Toro

Toro Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +25,030
    You can stop with this faux outrage. The election is over. You won.

Besides, there is nothing you can do. This is now in the hands of a bankruptcy court. Surely, you don't think people should intimidate judges and politicians screw around with the courts?

9. Grandma

Grandma Geezer Chick Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,625
    I think the best thing would be for everyone to quit working at Hostess and bake their own snacky cakes to sell. In a union shop. I'd buy the things.

The unions need to form at businesses not actually in bankruptcy.

10. Katzndogz

Katzndogz Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,337
    Then they can push them into bankrutpcy too!

The way to solve the problem is for the government to open state owned bakeries. It really is the ideal solution. Total control over fat and calorie content. Control over the allottment every individual might have of snacky cakes. All employees members of a public service union with full benefits. Russia tried it for awhle. We can ask them how well it worked.

I do everything I can possibly do to not buy union made products. I'll pay more to buy something imported if it doesn't support a union. I shop at Trader Joes because it isn't part of the grocery store union.