Possibilities

Discussion in 'Middle East - General' started by Annie, Sep 28, 2004.

1. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    http://www.nytimes.com/2004/09/28/opinion/28brooks.html

2. CSM

CSM Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +708
    • Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  3. TripleZero

TripleZero Rookie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Not much to argue about really. It just seems most people in our beloved country take it all for granted. They almost act as sheep blindly be led by the sheepherder.

I for one do not take my freedoms for granted. I have served in the military and fought for my country(Persian Gulf- 1991). I have seen first hand what Saddam did to his own people over in Iraq. Of course these are things the media never showed to anyone. it doesn't matter if I fight for my own country directly or for those of another country. I believe everyone should have the freedoms that I do.

It disgusts me to no end when I hear people bad mouthing our armed forces and government for that matter, when honestly it seems they have no clue.

I just hope the plans our government have for Iraq works out for the best. No one ever said it was going to be easy, but I bet it will be well worth it.

For those that do not agree with me, I ask that you sit back and think for a minute how good you actually have it living in a democratic country and how much better the lives of those in Iraq will be with even a small taste of what we have.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  4. NATO AIR

NATO AIR Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +282
    i appreciate how brooks shows that even in two flawed elections, the process nevertheless still mattered greatly to the people and they took step after step to normalcy, despite all the efforts of the insurgents. let's hope the iraqis have the same patience and determination.