Port Allen Restaurant Offers Discount To Gun-carrying Customers

CherryPanda

Aug 12, 2014
Walk into many stores, restaurant or workplaces nowadays, and you see the signs reading "No weapons allowed."

But a popular local restaurant is bucking that trend by not only encouraging people to show off their guns, but offering a discount to those who do.

It's the Friday lunch crowd at Bergeron's with fried catfish, the top seller. Owner Kevin Cox says 500 people come through the Port Allen restaurant daily. So about two weeks ago, he started a new promotion to help some of his customers save money.

"If you have a gun on you, I'm going to give you a discount," said Cox.

The discount is 10 percent off if you show that you're carrying a gun into the restaurant. Cox said it's an idea that started with welcoming police officers with their duty weapons on their side and has now branched out to include civilians.
Port Allen restaurant offers discount to gun-carrying customers - WAFB 9 News Baton Rouge Louisiana News Weather Sports

Though I’m not a big fan of guns, I like this guy’s initiative. I would definitely feel safer in a place where people bear arms openly. I’m sure a criminal would think ten times before choosing to rob this place.
My only concern would be what if the customers start a shooting accidentally? And yours?

Walk into many stores, restaurant or workplaces nowadays, and you see the signs reading "No weapons allowed."

But a popular local restaurant is bucking that trend by not only encouraging people to show off their guns, but offering a discount to those who do.

It's the Friday lunch crowd at Bergeron's with fried catfish, the top seller. Owner Kevin Cox says 500 people come through the Port Allen restaurant daily. So about two weeks ago, he started a new promotion to help some of his customers save money.

"If you have a gun on you, I'm going to give you a discount," said Cox.

The discount is 10 percent off if you show that you're carrying a gun into the restaurant. Cox said it's an idea that started with welcoming police officers with their duty weapons on their side and has now branched out to include civilians.
Port Allen restaurant offers discount to gun-carrying customers - WAFB 9 News Baton Rouge Louisiana News Weather Sports

Though I’m not a big fan of guns, I like this guy’s initiative. I would definitely feel safer in a place where people bear arms openly. I’m sure a criminal would think ten times before choosing to rob this place.
My only concern would be what if the customers start a shooting accidentally? And yours?

Its loosianna ... What could possibly go wrong?

Reminds me of the yahoo who accidentally dropped his gun in a restaurant and it went off. Not to mention all the times people accidentally leave their guns behind.

This is also like the places that still allow smoking - they are choosing their clientele. If you want to be safe, you don't go to that restaurant.

Our country has gun problem, and that's true. 212,994 more Americans lost their lives from firearms in the last 45 years than in all wars involving the US. Shouldn't we do something with that?

Our country has gun problem, and that's true. 212,994 more Americans lost their lives from firearms in the last 45 years than in all wars involving the US. Shouldn't we do something with that?
How many of those were criminals or in acts of crime at the time they were shot and therefore shouldn't count in your total?

Forum List

Back