Pope Rejects Lunch with Boehner, Pelosi, McConnell, Reid

Here are a couple of my personal observations about the Pope's visit:

I am obviously most pleased by the canonization of Father Junipero Serra. I've spent endless hours studying and writing about him and fully agree that if anyone deserves sainthood, it's he.

The Fiat Popemobile is priceless! Shoving it right in the faces of all the high and mightys who ride around in their big limos. $22k versus a million or so.

Only 4 Supreme Court Justices at his speech before Congress – and no comments made by the news readers. Also, a lot of empty VIP seats in the chanber.

How many of our “world leaders” would have the juevos to stand up before the world to give a speech in a language they are not completely familiar with? Can you see Obama giving a speech in Spanish?

I am obviously most pleased by the canonization of Father Junipero Serra. I've spent endless hours studying and writing about him and fully agree that if anyone deserves sainthood, it's he.

The Fiat Popemobile is priceless! Shoving it right in the faces of all the high and mightys who ride around in their big limos. $22k versus a million or so.

Only 4 Supreme Court Justices at his speech before Congress – and no comments made by the news readers. Also, a lot of empty VIP seats in the chanber.

How many of our “world leaders” would have the juevos to stand up before the world to give a speech in a language they are not completely familiar with? Can you see Obama giving a speech in Spanish?

Don't all priests deliver mass in Latin? What's your point then? I don't see where he should get brownie points for NOT speaking in a common language. It done either to show off, or to snow the congregation. Catholism is a purely man made religion, and is so full of bullshit I can't imagine for the life of me why anyone would follow it. The only reason is because they are indoctrinated from birth and they know no different. That's called ignorance in any language.

I love it. I'd rather eat at Chic Fil A than with those scumbags anyway.

Don't all priests deliver mass in Latin? What's your point then? I don't see where he should get brownie points for NOT speaking in a common language. It done either to show off, or to snow the congregation. Catholism is a purely man made religion, and is so full of bullshit I can't imagine for the life of me why anyone would follow it. The only reason is because they are indoctrinated from birth and they know no different. That's called ignorance in any language.
I'm sure you don't know this but let me explain - Catholic Mass has been said in host languages for several decades. Don't know which pope said it was okay, but here in Vegas we have churches that do a couple of Masses in English and others in Spanish.

No one is forcing people to watch the news or attend Pope events. Just what is your beef liberals?

What happened? Did anybody watch the whole speech? Did the Pope thank America for saving Italy (and his DNA) from the Nazis 70 years ago while the Vatican was offering sanctuary to high ranking Nazis at the time? The Pope apparently didn't talk about freedom or lecture Cuba about human rights violations. Why would he lecture the greatest Country in the world that invented the concept of freedom as we know it?

What happened? Did anybody watch the whole speech? Did the Pope thank America for saving Italy (and his DNA) from the Nazis 70 years ago while the Vatican was offering sanctuary to high ranking Nazis at the time? The Pope apparently didn't talk about freedom or lecture Cuba about human rights violations. Why would he lecture the greatest Country in the world that invented the concept of freedom as we know it?

I did not hear him "lecture" anyone. In fact, he thanked the USA for the many things it has done in the name of peace.

I believe he means it every time he says, "God bless America."

The Pope sought out one particular person at the Congressional speech to shake hands with.

John Kerry.

Around 2004, American conservative Catholics were talking about excommunicating Kerry. The Pope done slapped them down hard. Of course, the Pope also demoted the American bishop that led the anti-Kerry crusade.

Pope Rejects Lunch with Boehner, Pelosi, McConnell, Reid

Does anyone here think there's more of a message here than the explicit religious devotion? Do you think it was a deliberate snub (albeit bipartisan)?

And what about the Fiat? A finger in the eye to Chevy Suburbans?

I'd reject it too

I'd be afraid I'd eject it all over them. which might not a bad thing for those pukes

S #15
That's fine.

But let's not overlook the fact, Pope Francis lost an opportunity to have the ears of these four most powerful legislators on Earth.

Francis could have urged them to set aside 0.5% of the total U.S. federal budget for ... [list top Pope priority here].

He may never have that opportunity again.

150924-the-moment-john-boehner-realized-that.jpg

Forum List

Back