*Pope Confirms My Views: Evolution Is Not Where Humans Come From*

I do believe changes can happen within a group but it is limited,i believe you believe the same thing, but where we differ is that i believe there are limits and someone caused those limits.
Ok, what are those limits, what are the mechanics of them, and where is the evidence that such limits exist?

We who believe in creation would say there are DNA barriers that prevent changes that are not in line with what the creator wanted. I believe the creator allowed just enough room in the ability to change so we could adapt to new or changing enviornments but if we go beyond the limits it can result in sickness and or death.
Links to the peer-reviewed articles that demonstrate these?

If very intelligent men cannot under controlled circumstances repeat the beginning of life what makes you think an untintelligent natural process could do it ?
Why would you think we could repeat the beginning of life? We'd have to know exactly what the conditions and circumstances were, and we don't. We have created amino acids under probably inaccurate but relatively close duplication.

For thousands of years, no one knew how the sun worked. It required nuclear physics to understand. So no one could duplicate it. We still can't duplicate it for a number of reasons. Does this mean that the sun is a god, or a vehicle of the gods, or exists only through divine intervention just because we couldn't/can't duplicate it?

Humans weren't the result of evolution you say?

Okay, I'm always ready to listen to someone's comological theoies.

Where did we come from, then?

Remember, support your theory with empirical evidence, please.

My only empirical evidence is based on faith in what the bible says.

Sorry, but that's not empirical evidence.

The bible say's we came from the ground do you agree ?

The bible say we came from the ground? Not GOD involved in that process, then?

The same evidence the theory of macroevolution is based on ,faith.

Faith derived from an supported by empirical evidence to sustain it.

But, yes, I agree that one needs faith either way.

Eother you have faith that scientific method can lead you to answers or you do not.

That is certainly true.

Humans weren't the result of evolution you say?

Okay, I'm always ready to listen to someone's comological theoies.

Where did we come from, then?

Remember, support your theory with empirical evidence, please.

My only empirical evidence is based on faith in what the bible says. The bible say's we came from the ground do you agree ?

The same evidence the theory of macroevolution is based on ,faith.

No it isn't. It's based on accumulated observations. Despite your post that said the fossil record did not demonstrate macroevolution, that's just an opinion. The overwhelming number of scientists do believe that it demonstrates evolution. It doesn't do your side much good to deny the obvious. Creationism is the minority view and those that don't believe the fossil record are few and far between.

I do believe changes can happen within a group but it is limited,i believe you believe the same thing, but where we differ is that i believe there are limits and someone caused those limits.
Ok, what are those limits, what are the mechanics of them, and where is the evidence that such limits exist?

We who believe in creation would say there are DNA barriers that prevent changes that are not in line with what the creator wanted. I believe the creator allowed just enough room in the ability to change so we could adapt to new or changing enviornments but if we go beyond the limits it can result in sickness and or death.
Links to the peer-reviewed articles that demonstrate these?

If very intelligent men cannot under controlled circumstances repeat the beginning of life what makes you think an untintelligent natural process could do it ?
Why would you think we could repeat the beginning of life? We'd have to know exactly what the conditions and circumstances were, and we don't. We have created amino acids under probably inaccurate but relatively close duplication.

For thousands of years, no one knew how the sun worked. It required nuclear physics to understand. So no one could duplicate it. We still can't duplicate it for a number of reasons. Does this mean that the sun is a god, or a vehicle of the gods, or exists only through divine intervention just because we couldn't/can't duplicate it?

I don't recall the article but it was from the biology dept at the university of iowa where they mentioned DNA barriers.

If you can't show how life began how can you show all life came about through evolution ?

Kinda like when your side relies on wiki to explain your position ?

You will have to try harder than that, Chimpy McChimp.

I am at peace with my views.

Can you point out something from the site that was inaccurate ?

Sure, saying that the fossil record does not support evolution is laughable. If it doesn't, why don't you find trilobite and dolphin fossils in the same strata, rather than being seperated by 100s of millions of years?

I don't recall the article but it was from the biology dept at the university of iowa where they mentioned DNA barriers.
No, you didn't. Or you misunderstood.

If you can't show how life began how can you show all life came about through evolution ?

Since the beginning of life is not part of the theory of evolution, you don't need to. Or do you need to demonstrate how steel is created in order to show how cars have changed over the years?

You will have to try harder than that, Chimpy McChimp.

I am at peace with my views.

Can you point out something from the site that was inaccurate ?

Sure, saying that the fossil record does not support evolution is laughable. If it doesn't, why don't you find trilobite and dolphin fossils in the same strata, rather than being seperated by 100s of millions of years?

So you are in disagreement with evolutionist Mark Ridley, who currently serves as a professor of zoology at Oxford University, who was forced to confess: "In any case, no real evolutionist, whether gradualist or punctuationist, uses the fossil record as evidence in favour of the theory of evolution as opposed to special creation."

Who can answer why in some areas that is the case but i have posted where they have been found together inland do you not remember ? And just what do you think that proves ?

Since the beginning of life is not part of the theory of evolution, you don't need to. Or do you need to demonstrate how steel is created in order to show how cars have changed over the years?

Yes i was debating Greycloud on the sean hannity forum and produced the article but since my stroke i am having problems remembering some things. Not making excuses but it is the truth. He was trying to show how new information could come about for evolution change could take place i believe we were discussing horizontal gene transfer. The article shot down the idea because the DNA barrier.

Last edited:
What do you think prevents sexual reproduction from all the different kinds of animals and that humans can't reproduce with anykind but it's own ?

What do you think prevents sexual reproduction from all the different kinds of animals and that humans can't reproduce with anykind but it's own ?

Lions and tigers mating?

Grizzly and polar bears?

Horses and donkeys?

Am I living in a fantasy world where that stuff happens routinely, or is this poster who claims it's impossible living in said fantasy world?

Catholics have believed in evolution for years. Even the two previous Popes.

It's American Christians that believe in "magical creation" and "irreducible complexity".

Despite all evidence to the contrary, they even believe conservative economic policies work. Those people are brainwashed.

I have to agree with you on the brainwashed part. Most of them vote for democrats????

Yes i was debating Greycloud on the sean hannity forum and produced the article but since my stroke i am having problems remembering some things. Not making excuses but it is the truth.
I'm not questioning your honesty, just your interpretation of the article. I can't find the thread on the hannity forums and I don't know the article, so I can't really talk about it.

Lions and tigers mating?

Grizzly and polar bears?

Horses and donkeys?

Am I living in a fantasy world where that stuff happens routinely, or is this poster who claims it's impossible living in said fantasy world?

they are of the same family no ?

Dogs can breed dogs,horses can breed horses, bears can breed bears, humans can breed humans.

So you are in disagreement with evolutionist Mark Ridley, who currently serves as a professor of zoology at Oxford University, who was forced to confess: "In any case, no real evolutionist, whether gradualist or punctuationist, uses the fossil record as evidence in favour of the theory of evolution as opposed to special creation."

Finish the quote, where Dr. Ridley goes on to say that other evidence is so strong for evolution that we don't need the fossil record for support. It seems odd to me to use an interview strongly in favor of evolution as evidence against it.

Incompatible DNA...different number of chromosones, etc. Nothing to do with speciation or changes over time.

In fact, if genetically different animals could interbreed and have viable offspring (chimeras), that would be a blow to evolution but would be perfectly fine under special creation. There's no reason under special creation that pigs can't have wings...but there is under evolution.

The real reason is they cannot come up with a rational explanation on how the first cell could have come into existence on it own.

No i did not misunderstand it at the time and neither did greycloud.

Yes i was debating Greycloud on the sean hannity forum and produced the article but since my stroke i am having problems remembering some things. Not making excuses but it is the truth.
I'm not questioning your honesty, just your interpretation of the article. I can't find the thread on the hannity forums and I don't know the article, so I can't really talk about it.

It was in the thread creation verses evolution, In the general interest forum.

Forum List

Back