Poor people with perfect driving records pay more then Reckless drivers.

If you want to discuss the many ways it cost more to be poor than it costs to be rich we can, but that's a different subject. It's cheaper to buy one quality item that lasts a long time than it is to buy many inferior items that fall apart quickly and need to be replaced soon. The problem is that poor folk never can afford that one quality item, and probably never will be able to.

No my thread is exactly about Reckless crappy ass drivers , forcing through the government people who don't need car insurance to pay for them

Same argument against health care insurance and just as incorrect for some of the same reasons.

Its also the very definition of ALL insurance.

No it's not, car insurance was forced on people by people who

Sucked at driving a car.

No. It became necessary because of dead beat RWNJs who stuck others with repair bills.

How can someone be a dead beat with a perfect driving record and never a claim?

Again it was rich crappy ass drivers in cahoots with insurance company's and the government.

As I've said. It's based on location,even if you have a perfect record they still take into account where you live.
Just like they're doing to me because the of the county I live in even though the area I live in has a pretty much zero crime rate,I keep my truck in the garage and I live in a gated community.

And the risk of me being in a crash with someone that doesnt have insurance is minimal......yet I still have to pay more.

No my thread is exactly about Reckless crappy ass drivers , forcing through the government people who don't need car insurance to pay for them

Same argument against health care insurance and just as incorrect for some of the same reasons.

Its also the very definition of ALL insurance.

No it's not, car insurance was forced on people by people who

Sucked at driving a car.

No. It became necessary because of dead beat RWNJs who stuck others with repair bills.

How can someone be a dead beat with a perfect driving record and never a claim?

Again it was rich crappy ass drivers in cahoots with insurance company's and the government.

As I've said. It's based on location,even if you have a perfect record they still take into account where you live.
Just like they're doing to me because the of the county I live in even though the area I live in has a pretty much zero crime rate,I keep my truck in the garage and I live in a gated community.

And the risk of me being in a crash with someone that doesnt have insurance is minimal......yet I still have to pay more.

Here is a newer study 8 months ago, two woman same driving record ...

A $600 dollar difference on premimums in one place

From.USA today..a rep from.the insurance company in the article says the study is flawed because it is against the law to base insurance on income..though.

Study: Car insurance varies by income, not record

The consumer group tested insurance costs for two 30-year-old women who had been licensed for 14 years. Each drove a 2006 Toyota Camry about 10,000 miles a year.

But one posed as a bank executive with a master’s degree who was married and owned her home. The other was a bank teller with a high-school diploma who was single, rented her home and hadn’t been insured for six months.

The insurers were Allstate, Farmers, Geico, Progressive and State Farm. The cities were Atlanta, Baltimore, Chicago, Jacksonville, Jersey City, Kansas City, Los Angeles, Minneapolis, Oklahoma City and the Queens in New York City.

The comparisons tested whether an injury accident, a drunken-driving conviction or violations for speeding 20 mph over the limit or running a red light hurt the more affluent driver.

Overall, the study requested 600 insurance quotes and got 464 responses. Of the 136 without a comparison, 28 involved a company refusing to provide a quote to a moderate-income driver while providing one for an upper-income driver, according to the study.

I am switching from State Farm to Country Financial, from 100,000/300,000 coverage to 250,000/500,000 for less money. Never heard of em until I goog mapped car insurance and their office is about 2 miles away.

Fully switched over, they have five levels of customers according to driving record and credit score, We ended up in top 5% Preferred which means there are no discounts left to earn. I dont have to build a safe driving record with them, one I have carries over. Found out people over 55 getting charged xtra by everyone unless you take a defensive driving course.......which is bs.....legislated profit for either class provider of the insurance co.

I am switching from State Farm to Country Financial, from 100,000/300,000 coverage to 250,000/500,000 for less money. Never heard of em until I goog mapped car insurance and their office is about 2 miles away.

That's funny, I switched from Liberty Mutual to state farm. Liberty Mutual wanted 1500 a year for me in my Fiesta driving 1000 miles a year (I kid you not I drive that little) with 100/300 limits, and State Farm wants about 550 a year for the same coverage. That 1500 a year is more than my homeowners insurance, and I have a perfect driving record, in fact I'm a commercial driver.

That's funny, I switched from Liberty Mutual to state farm. Liberty Mutual wanted 1500 a year for me in my Fiesta driving 1000 miles a year (I kid you not I drive that little) with 100/300 limits, and State Farm wants about 550 a year for the same coverage. That 1500 a year is more than my homeowners insurance, and I have a perfect driving record, in fact I'm a commercial driver.
Was paying almost 1000 a yr for her Enclave full coverage, and 650 for my 2001 Crown Vic which I drive a mile to work in and 780 for the daughters 2000 Park ave.......I now pay 2094 for all three every yr with double the coverage, and almost half of that is the daughters because she's a new driver with less than a yr under her belt. Called Liberty and they were higher than State Farm in MN.

Last edited:
Something else I think is going on perhaps is the race for new business means new cutomers get better deals than long term customers with established history much like the cell phone co's.

Forum List

Back