Poll Results on Illegal Aliens

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by 007, Apr 11, 2006.

1. 007

007 Charter Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,801
    • Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    I know that many will use the mantra, "Polls are useless", many are. Big hint: Did they list the questions they used? It's rare to see in the AP/Ipso or Gallup, you need to rely on the media to list some of the questions, never all, or subscribe to their premium reports-quite expensive.

Rasmussen and Fox routinely provide the questions, which makes a world of difference in how much credence the results say to each individual. You don't have to be a sociology major or pychologist, to apply common sense in reading the results of individual questions.

In this case, seems most 'polled' do not attack the illegals themselves, as much as those that fail to prevent the flood or those that hire them for personal gain. People want enforcement at the border, employers punished, and a measure of security regarding terrorism employed. One does not see 'nativism' or lack of empathy towards the illegal immigrants.

3. 007

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,801
    I think it's pretty elementary. Close down the borders, and severely punish those who would hire an illegal, and we won't have to deport them. They'll just go home.

If they're here for the money, dry up the money. If they want to come here to work, do it legaly.

4. fuzzykitten99

fuzzykitten99 Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    You'll have to check the Marauder's Map...
    Ratings:
    +199
    the statement that pro-illegal people use is that illegals help take the job that no other American wants.

This is sort of true, only they tend to take the jobs that able-bodied people on welfare and other public assistance don't want. Most people will always look for the higher-paying job and one that maximizes their skills. I did and still do. Do you really think I am going to quit my job that I am at now for a lower paying one voluntarily? Hell no.

5. theHawk

theHawk Registered Conservative

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,739
    Well maybe what we should do is eleminate welfare altogether, then those people will suddenly want to work these jobs that illegals have.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  6. Abbey Normal

Abbey Normal Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +391

Ooh, what HE said! ;)

7. 007

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,801
    I may be wrong, but I believe welfare started during the great depression. There was millions of people out of work, and the country really did need it. People needed help.

But why we still have welfare is beyond me. Able bodied people should be MADE to work. Don't work, no money. There shouldn't be ANY FREE RIDES if you're ABLE TO WORK.

As far as mexicans coming here to work goes, I don't have a problem with it. Many, MANY are hard working. But also, many, MANY, HAVE NO INTENTION OF BECOMING AMERICAN. They are illegal aliens, criminals in this country, and they aren't helping anything. The ONLY way mexicans can HELP America, is come here LEGALY, pay taxes, and only on a work visa. They should NOT be allowed to vote... EVER, under ANY circumstances. The liberals would love this though. Another group of people they can keep down and lie to, and use for votes.

8. dilloduck

dilloduck Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,403
    I think primarily we still have welfare is becuase of the combination of bleeding heart liberals and white Christian guilt. Taking away all the the freebies would force people to look at the fact they have created zombies instead of helping anyone. Illegal aliens seem more intersted in using welfare as a temporary stop gap until they can use thier united power to control. (Which is rapidly approaching in several states)

9. 007

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,801
    I agree dillo. And these welfare zombies that are largely uneducated, fat, and lazy, still vote, and that's what the liberals have been relying on to get elected for a long time now. These people are easy to manipulate and lie to, so no, the liberals are NOT going to let anyone touch one of the most popular government programs among their voter base.

10. dilloduck

dilloduck Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,403
    How much power do you think they will have to give the illegals in exchange?
    Do you think the ability of illegals to organize and demonstrate scares even the bloodiest liberal?