Poll: Obama has narrow lead in crucial states

I've seen conflicting reports in swing states today, Ohio has a five point spread five in two polls but different candidates lead in each.

I've seen conflicting reports in swing states today, Ohio has a five point spread five in two polls but different candidates lead in each.

It is confusing. I think that McCain's choice of Palin was, in a way, a "trump card" to an Obama campaign who had turned their back on even a vetting of Hillary. It would be an incredibly startling footnote in history if the first female VP was a Republican. Just incredible!

It is confusing. I think that McCain's choice of Palin was, in a way, a "trump card" to an Obama campaign who had turned their back on even a vetting of Hillary. It would be an incredibly startling footnote in history if the first female VP was a Republican. Just incredible!

Even MORE incredible is the fact that thousands of women who have been craving a female president are going to vote AGAINST one moving higher than one has ever gone before. There is not a single thing so detestable about this woman for her gender to write her off. McCain is but a glitch on her way the the presidency.

Even MORE incredible is the fact that thousands of women who have been craving a female president are going to vote AGAINST one moving higher than one has ever gone before. There is not a single thing so detestable about this woman for her gender to write her off. McCain is but a glitch on her way the the presidency.

Just because she is a woman, doesn't automatically mean a woman is going to vote for her. You don't vote for someone because of their gender. You vote for them because you share their politcal beliefs.

The majority of the woman who were set to vote for Hillary had she become the Dem nominee will not vote for Palin. Her political beliefs and many of her stances are 180% away from Hillary's.

Because she was Govenor of Alaska for 1 1/2 years and a small town Mayor, do you automatically assume she is qualified to be President? Personally, the probability leaves me fearful.

Just because she is a woman, doesn't automatically mean a woman is going to vote for her. You don't vote for someone because of their gender. You vote for them because you share their politcal beliefs.

The majority of the woman who were set to vote for Hillary had she become the Dem nominee will not vote for Palin. Her political beliefs and many of her stances are 180% away from Hillary's.

Because she was Govenor of Alaska for 1 1/2 years and a small town Mayor, do you automatically assume she is qualified to be President? Personally, the probability leaves me fearful.

I know---every one is afraid of everything, What a bunch of damn pussies our country has turned out.
Sorry but it's jsut the truth--those women who have been whining for years about not ever having a voice up there better put up or shut up. This is there chance to be represented. You think they like Hillary more than Palin ??? Not the ones I talk to.

I'm going to be completely honest on the women issue, in my opinion.

I think a lot of women were voting for Hillary because she's a woman. I think quite a few stood against a lot of her views, but supported her in spite of them. I really think Palin is more in line with the average married woman (family values, religious fanaticism, etc), and that's why the transition from Hillary to Sarah is so easy for some. Obama was just a placeholder for Hillary because a lot of women weren't sold on McCain. But when he chose a woman who stands for her convictions, I think he convinced a lot of women that he is on their side.

It's clear this election comes down to one demographic: women. It's unclear where the majority of them stand. I think it's going to be pretty evenly split.

What's he gonna do? Make a magic job fairy his secretary of labor?

With the way the dollar is going, here is the future.

$mbcn798l.jpg

Much of the Palin bump is coming in states W won in 2004. She's helped a lot in places like VA and NC, but MI and PA still look like the same as they did before the convention.

Much of the Palin bump is coming in states W won in 2004. She's helped a lot in places like VA and NC, but MI and PA still look like the same as they did before the convention.

I agree. But, I think McCain has a chance to win a small state like Colorado or New Mexico with Palin on his ticket. And, as close as this election is, one of those states would mean the difference in who's sworn in next year.

The key issue is holding on to Ohio and Florida, which McCain is still struggling with. I believe Palin gives him a strong edge in those states, especially Ohio.

I think it also forces Obama to focus his campaigning to states like Pennsylvania, Ohio, and Florida, in an attempt to swing one of the latter in his direction and seal the election. Meanwhile McCain's out west stealing Colorado or New Mexico.

Sorry to ruin the fun but.... I think most of the polls are wrong. Maybe I might be calling this coin toss in the air, but I think Barack Obama is going to pull off a huge win in November. Call me crazy, but I think once McCain/Palin hit the debates, they are toast! I predict McCain will blow his top a few times, and have a flashback, and call someone a C***! That's my story, and I'm stickin' to it!:eusa_whistle:

Last edited:
I'm going to be completely honest on the women issue, in my opinion.

I think a lot of women were voting for Hillary because she's a woman. I think quite a few stood against a lot of her views, but supported her in spite of them. I really think Palin is more in line with the average married woman (family values, religious fanaticism, etc), and that's why the transition from Hillary to Sarah is so easy for some. Obama was just a placeholder for Hillary because a lot of women weren't sold on McCain. But when he chose a woman who stands for her convictions, I think he convinced a lot of women that he is on their side.

It's clear this election comes down to one demographic: women. It's unclear where the majority of them stand. I think it's going to be pretty evenly split.

I didn't support Hillary, but I was thrilled that she worked as hard as she did, and I made my daughters watch her speech. It was incredible, from start to finish.

She worked so hard for so long to break the ceiling, and I didn't want her for the job but I always believed in the ethic that she has. Work hard and you can do anything and be anything you want. And I told my kids that one day a woman would be president and that person would have Hillary to thank, because she showed how it is done, through hard work and tireless effort. Those lessons are important for our children to learn.

I want my daughters to believe in those ethics. With hard work you can be anything you set your sights on.

Sara Palin was none of that in getting on the ticket. You know what Sarah Palin was? In comparison to Hillary's work and lifelong dedication to her goal? Sarah Palin was.... in the right place at the right time.

It's a sick ending, to what I had thought was a great opportunity for my kids to learn about contributing to their fullest potential.

so, you think I should vote for McCain/Palin because SHE'S a woman?

that is what McCain was counting on... it's too bad he miscalculated the American woman's desire for a better/stronger country v. their desire for a woman in the oval office...

Forum List

Back