Excerpts From the Sarah Palin Interview Released

GIBSON: Would you favor putting Georgia and Ukraine in NATO?

PALIN: Ukraine, definitely, yes. Yes, and Georgia.

GIBSON: Because Putin has said he would not tolerate NATO incursion into the Caucasus.

PALIN: Well, you know, the Rose Revolution, the Orange Revolution, those actions have showed us that those democratic nations, I believe, deserve to be in NATO.

Putin thinks otherwise. Obviously, he thinks otherwise, but...

GIBSON: And under the NATO treaty, wouldn't we then have to go to war if Russia went into Georgia?

PALIN: Perhaps so. I mean, that is the agreement when you are a NATO ally, is if another country is attacked, you're going to be expected to be called upon and help.

But NATO, I think, should include Ukraine, definitely, at this point and I think that we need to -- especially with new leadership coming in on January 20, being sworn on, on either ticket, we have got to make sure that we strengthen our allies, our ties with each one of those NATO members. We have got to make sure that that is the group that can be counted upon to defend one another in a very dangerous world today.

War with Russia ... awesome.

I rather see the whole interview before having a opinion on how Charlie Gibson did.

However the 3rd page I found interesting.

Is Sarah Palin willing to go to war with Russia over Georgia to protect "small Democratic" countries?

PALIN: What I think is that smaller democratic countries that are invaded by a larger power is something for us to be vigilant against. We have got to be cognizant of what the consequences are if a larger power is able to take over smaller democratic countries.

And we have got to be vigilant. We have got to show the support, in this case, for Georgia. The support that we can show is economic sanctions perhaps against Russia, if this is what it leads to.

It doesn't have to lead to war and it doesn't have to lead, as I said, to a Cold War, but economic sanctions, diplomatic pressure, again, counting on our allies to help us do that in this mission of keeping our eye on Russia and Putin and some of his desire to control and to control much more than smaller democratic countries.

His mission, if it is to control energy supplies, also, coming from and through Russia, that's a dangerous position for our world to be in, if we were to allow that to happen.

Economic sanctions? :eusa_eh:

Why do I have a feeling that will end up hurting the US more then it will hurt Russia. Especially if countries like China are willing to trade with Russia still.

Also, her answer sounds awfully familiar. :eusa_whistle:

War with Russia? Sounds fun. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
wow.. she didn't answer one question straight forward and just head on...

I'm watching the interview on television and Charlie isn't soft balling her that's for sure and she seems kind of uncomfortable...even getting snippy with him at one point.

He asked if she believed in the Bush Doctorine and she didn't even have a fucking clue what he meant.......

she also kept repeating we can not second guess what Isreal does to protect itself when asked if we would support them taking out an Iran nuclear power facilities....

then he asked if we had the right to cross the border into pakastan to go after terrorists, even without permission from the pak government and she pussy footed around with the "we have the right to protect ourselves" he came right out and said "is that a yes or a no" and she still didn't answer.

hmm she's also sounds like she believes like Obama does about forging new allies... sounded like she meant with old enemies to me.

Last edited:
that's She Going To Try And Get Us All Killed Jumps Out At Me.

Matt Damon Was Right, This Does Sound Like A Bad Disney Movie.

$bambi meets godzilla.jpg

Well, I can't say I'm impressed because she speaks in generalities from what I read. She ducked the question about war with Russia. What I would have liked to hear is that we won't commit troops to any conflict with Russia.

I give it a C.

C'mon ... Georgia it totally worth testing MAD theory ... /sarcasm

Lets go all in!

I think Sarah Palin is letting the Hockey Mom in her cheering on her son fighting another kid is getting to her head. :lol:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBngSlu0llk[/ame]

Langauge is VERY bad in this video. Like most of the video is swears bad. :lol:

Last edited:
I give her an A.

Great answers, straight to the point, and she did it without using excessive "uhhhs" and "ummms" or stammering like a retard... In stark contrast to a certain former community organizer.

Forget Biden, I want to watch her decimate Obama in a debate :badgrin:

Intelligent woman.

Kirk's last hope has been crushed.

Intelligent???

GIBSON: What insight into Russian actions, particularly in the last couple of weeks, does the proximity of the state give you?

PALIN: They're our next door neighbors and you can actually see Russia from land here in Alaska, from an island in Alaska.

Well, my god, you can see Russia from Alaska! Let's nominate her!!! She has foreign policy experience!!! She can do anything!!! :clap2::clap2:

I give her an A.

Great answers, straight to the point, and she did it without using excessive "uhhhs" and "ummms" or stammering like a retard... In stark contrast to a certain former community organizer.

Forget Biden, I want to watch her decimate Obama in a debate :badgrin:

Of course, use the politically incorrect term "retard" as a insult no less.

What a great American you are Ninja. Proving your ignorance more day by day. :eusa_eh:

Forum List

Back