Poll: Most Americans disapprove of ObamaCare

DigitalDrifter

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2013
Oregon
Little by little Americans are becoming fed up with the pitfalls of Obamacare.

More Americans disapprove than approve of the Affordable Care Act, according to a new Pew Research Center national survey.

The poll found that 44 percent of respondents approve of the health care law, and 54 percent disapprove.

The disapproval rating has gone up since the Supreme Court's ruling last July upholding a section of the law that allows the federal government to provide insurance subsidies through federal exchanges.

After the ruling, 48 percent approved and 49 percent disapproved of the law.

According to the poll, 44 percent of respondents say that law has had a mostly negative impact on the country, while 39 percent say it has been mostly positive. About 13 percent say the law has not had much of an effect on the country.

In December 2013, far more people saw the law as negative for the country: At the time, 49 percent saw its impact as largely negative while just 23 percent said it had a positive effect on the country.

The percentage of Democrats and Independents who think the law has had a positive impact on the country has risen, according to the poll. About 66 percent of Democrats said the law has had a positive impact on the nation, compared to just 42 percent in 2013.

There has been little shift in Republicans' views about ObamaCare's impact, with just 10 percent saying the law has had a positive effect, little changed since 2013.

The survey was conducted from April 12-19 among 2,008 adults and has an overall margin of error of 2.5 percentage points.

More Americans disapprove than approve of the Affordable Care Act, according to a new Pew Research Center national survey.

The poll found that 44 percent of respondents approve of the health care law, and 54 percent disapprove.

The disapproval rating has gone up since the Supreme Court's ruling last July upholding a section of the law that allows the federal government to provide insurance subsidies through federal exchanges.

According to the poll, 44 percent of respondents say that law has had a mostly negative impact on the country, while 39 percent say it has been mostly positive. About 13 percent say the law has not had much of an effect on the country.

In December 2013, far more people saw the law as negative for the country: At the time, 49 percent saw its impact as largely negative while just 23 percent said it had a positive effect on the country.

The percentage of Democrats and Independents who think the law has had a positive impact on the country has risen, according to the poll. About 66 percent of Democrats said the law has had a positive impact on the nation, compared to just 42 percent in 2013.

There has been little shift in Republicans' views about ObamaCare's impact, with just 10 percent saying the law has had a positive effect, little changed since 2013.

The survey was conducted from April 12-19 among 2,008 adults and has an overall margin of error of 2.5 percentage points.

Of course they do because they are Morons..........In an Advanced Society and Culture it works Wonderfully........How some of you Guys think it has a Negative Impact on your Country are as I said Moronic......A well and happy people are a productive and innovative people......but if you had Universal Health Care like Paradise........The first thing I'd personally do to improve the Negative is remove all those that live with their heads up their Asses......it's a small and cheap operation..."You just kick them in their BALLS"..steve,you are just so backward for all to see

Of course they do because they are Morons..........In an Advanced Society and Culture it works Wonderfully........How some of you Guys think it has a Negative Impact on your Country are as I said Moronic......A well and happy people are a productive and innovative people......but if you had Universal Health Care like Paradise........The first thing I'd personally do to improve the Negative is remove all those that live with their heads up their Asses......it's a small and cheap operation..."You just kick them in their BALLS"..steve,you are just so backward for all to see
Yes Funny but bloody SAD

Of the 50% who disapprove, about 50% of that want to keep ACA but improve it.

So about 70% either approve it or want it improved.

Tell the whole story, please.

Most Americans didn't want it in the First place. But Obama lied his ass off , the media misled the public and the Democrats passed on us it with not ONE Republican vote. how that for Democracy they wail about we are suppose to have?

I actually assumed in time most Americans would want it. Once you start down the road of entitlement, people become quickly addicted and demand more and more and expect someone else to pay for it.

I actually assumed in time most Americans would want it. Once you start down the road of entitlement, people become quickly addicted and demand more and more and expect someone else to pay for it.

they were duped into thinking it was health care when its , INSURANCE. the majority of the people will have to pay for it or be fined by this tyrant Obama/IRS. a scam was pulled on them.

Like most, I get my health care through work so ACA has had littlie impact on me except it let me keep my kids on my plan while they finished their schooling. They didn't cost my plan very much and saved me a boatload of money. My son has a "pre-existing" condition so I feel better knowing he'll be able to get an keep his own insurance. Thanks ACA.

Like most, I get my health care through work so ACA has had littlie impact on me except it let me keep my kids on my plan while they finished their schooling. They didn't cost my plan very much and saved me a boatload of money. My son has a "pre-existing" condition so I feel better knowing he'll be able to get an keep his own insurance. Thanks ACA.

No insurance company can survive giving insurance for Pre-existing conditions. if you people think so, you should go open and sell insurance see how far you make it. you should have been putting money away for him you thought he needed it.

Spoken like a true commie retarded puke.

No insurance company can survive giving insurance for Pre-existing conditions. if you people think so, you should go open and sell insurance see how far you make it. you should have been putting money away for him you thought he needed it.
Completely wrong. Insurance is all about risk. If only one insurance company offered insurance for Pre-existing conditions they'd be broke in a day. If every insurance company was forced to offer insurance for Pre-existing conditions the risks would be shared across the industry and could be factored into their costs. That is exactly what the ACA does.

So the majority are morons? Thanks for explaining how we wound up with that cumwad Obama

-Geaux

Completely wrong. Insurance is all about risk. If only one insurance company offered insurance for Pre-existing conditions they'd be broke in a day. If every insurance company was forced to offer insurance for Pre-existing conditions the risks would be shared across the industry and could be factored into their costs. That is exactly what the ACA does.
oh for crying out loud. ACA is being PAID for by the taxpayers and from them raising TAXES on the rest of us also. go find your own insurance company to pay for the pre-existing condition, let us know how it went.

Obama care is nothing more than legalized extortion…

oh for crying out loud. ACA is being PAID for by the taxpayers and from them raising TAXES on the rest of us also. go find your own insurance company to pay for the pre-existing condition, let us know how it went.
Again completely wrong. The ACA is NOT paid by taxpayers, they pay for Medicaid assistance for those who can't afford coverage. Not quite the same thing and moot anyway. When a poor, uninsured person walks into an emergency room, who pays? Taxpayers. Do you want to live in a society where sick people who don't have insurance or sufficient assets are denied access to a hospital?

Why not help fix it rather than just complain about it?

Why not help fix it rather than just complain about it?
Not a bad idea, but I suspect it is so bad that it can't be fixed. Secondly, you are assuming a terribly corrupt, ineffective, and a criminal enterprise like the federal government, can fix ANYTHING.

Forum List

Back