Poll: GOP image goes from bad to worse

I don't know a single Fortune 500 company that doesn't do extensive background checks on their employees, even the workers. If a company is knowingly hiring illegals to work, I'm all for fining them. But guess what fines do, raise costs, which raises prices. :eusa_whistle:

Read above. Cheap labor makes sense. Sorry if that bothers you. It's just logic.

How is a company that posts a net loss supposed to pay taxes? No income = no income tax. But how does this affect the unemployment rate?

But again, how does this affect the unemployment rate?

Most Americans work for small business', remember? Not Fortune 500's. Fortune 500's are the ones going overseas.

And I knew you would defend all the things the GOP did that are ruining America. You are a republican even if you don't know it you dumb fuck. Bob Barr. What a big difference. :lol:

And what the fuck are you talking about losses for? Have you already forgotten that in 2007 the GOP was telling us the economy was great?

The final figures are in, and 2006 was another bang-up year for corporate profits, with the stocks of the S&P 500 showing earnings growth of 16%.

Corporate profits can't sustain their current pace - March 19, 2007

People like you sicken me. You have a very short memory but you are very good at repeating what Rush told you yesterday. Seriously J, it is people like you that make the politicians think they can get away with anything. If the DEMS fuck us, I'll be right there with you to get them out of office. But you REFUSE to put blame where it belongs. And you pretend to be unbias, which is the biggest lie I've ever heard. Stop being a cock sucker and wake the fuck up.

But this post proves to me that arguing with you is a big fat waste of my time. You are a house slave. You don't want to be free because you got it good. Probably better than if we are freed. But 95% of us will do better when we are freed. So fuck you.

Last edited:
Is it illegal to hire the guy offering $20?

No. There are immigrants who are here legally, and they came for the same reasons the illegal ones did. They'll work for the same amount. Also, it's not illegal to export jobs overseas. So, if cheap labor is legal, you have no problems with it?

Is hiring him going to eventually lower my wages and my fellow American's wages?

Well, not hiring him is going to cost you more. I wouldn't want to you "act against your best interest."

And yes, many of my neighbors are hiring illegals to clean their homes and cut their lawns. That doesn't make it right.

Of course it doesn't. Report them. I have no problems with illegals being sent back where they came from. That doesn't stop legal immigrants from taking jobs.

See, you didn't read what Thom wrote. So I'll cut and paste it for you:

Even in areas where there are not high populations of illegal immigrants, their presence elsewhere in the American workforce drives down overall the cost of labor nationwide.

Again, I'm not talking about illegal immigrants. I'm talking about cheap labor in general.

This is why I think the GOP have fucked up the economy on purpose. Hell, they just scored $750 billion dollars after RAPING us for 8 years.

THEY did it because the DEMOCRATS let them.

You are a fucking sheep J!!! They sure pulled one over on you. One party fucked up the country and you don't even have the brains to know where to put the blame.

No, it's you who doesn't know where to place the blame. I blame the government, all of them. From Bush to Pelosi to McCain to Obama to Clinton. They all let it happen.

So now you are defending hiring illegals.

Not even close.

If I show you that the GOP also ruined America by sending jobs overseas, guess what your dumb ass will do? You will defend sending jobs overseas. You'll ask me, "if you owned a company and could make more by sending jobs overseas, wouldn't you do it too"? And the answer would be OF COURSE!!! So the government shouldn't allow it. Or tax the fuck out of you if you go so it's cheaper to stay and pay Americans a decent wage.

Guess what happens then. Instead of sending jobs overseas, the companies themselves move overseas. Are you that ignorant?

And then you'll defend giving corporations tax loopholes.

Loopholes exist because politicians allow them to. Politicians. Not Republicans. Not Democrats. Politicians.

And then you'll defend Bush doubling the debt. You'll say it was because of the two wars, which is wrong. And, one of those wars was waged on a lie, and the rich/corporations made a fortune off of you! You fucking ignorant bastard. :lol: Only it's not funny because by conning you, they fucked all of us.

Why do you continue to lump me with the Bush supporters? I'm not John McCain. Saying Bush every time I open my mouth isn't going to scare people away from my opinion. I'm anti-Bush. I was anti-Bush before it was cool to be anti-Bush. I don't defend him. I don't like him. I will defend any policy of his I agree with, and there aren't many.

The country wasn't broke until Reagan and Bush 1 & 2 broke it.

Again, pointing fingers, everywhere. When Reagan and Bush Sr were in office, who controlled the other two branches of government? Here's a hint: it wasn't Republicans, not even one year. Edit for clarification: when they were in office, the Republicans never controlled BOTH branches of Congress. Republicans had a majority in the Senate for six years during the Reagan years. But, they never had complete control over the government.

So I ask you again: why do you only blame one party? Two of the Presidents you just named never served a single year without the other party controlling Congress. So, any bills they passed you didn't agree with: your precious Democrats had to agree to pass them.

Last edited:
We have eleven million illegal aliens in this nation now.

It was fewer than 2 million when Reagan came into office

Who did the jobs the new 9 million are doing now before the illegals came over to do them?

So it isn't jobs Americans won't do. It's that we won't do those jobs for under minimum wage.

Americans are coal miners. That's one of the dirtiest/most dangerous jobs, and we do those jobs. American's will do any jobs they are paid to do.

And with unemployment where it is at, I bet companies will have no problem finding help.

conservatives embrace the idea of eliminating the American middle class and replacing it with a Dickensian "working poor" class, and are working so hard to use illegal immigrant labor as the lever to bring this about.

As the '60's and '70's showed - during the height of the American middle class's economic and political power - a strong middle class will challenge corporate power and assert itself economically and politically. This represents a very real threat to conservative ruling elites. "The people" may even suggest that the most elite of the elites should pay stiffer taxes on the top end of their income, so that money can be used to provide the economically most disadvantaged with an opportunity to become socially and economically mobile. It would reduce the most massive of the wealth and the power of the most elite of our conservative elites.

Offshoring, union-busting, and nurturing a huge population of illegal workers (while pretending to be frantic about it and bleating about building fences, fielding vigilantes, or offering "amnesty") are the core ways to destroy an economic middle class, thus ensuring the ongoing political power of the conservative elite takeover that began with the so-called "Reagan revolution" and continues to this day.

This is why conservatives who complain about illegal immigration in front of the cameras won't lift a finger in the halls of congress to pass legislation that would put employers of illegals into jail. (They may support "tough fines," just so long as they're high enough to sound like a lot of money to the average working stiff but low enough to be a "cost of business" for a corporation that gets caught.)

If Congress were to pass a law that said, quite simply, that the CEO of any business that was caught employing illegal immigrants went to jail for a year - no exceptions - then within a month there would be ten million (more or less) people lined up at the Mexican border trying to get out of the United States. The US unemployment rate would drop close to zero, and wages would begin to rise. The American middle class would begin to return to viability, as would the union movement in this nation.

And I knew you would defend all the things the GOP did that are ruining America. You are a republican even if you don't know it you dumb fuck.

Exactly what did I defend that the GOP did? It's not the GOP that's sending jobs overseas: it's corporations. If you're so stupid as to assume that every corporations = Republican, help yourself. I'm not that naive.

Bob Barr. What a big difference. :lol:

There's a huge difference between Bob Barr and the Republicans. He's an actual fiscal conservative.

And what the fuck are you talking about losses for? Have you already forgotten that in 2007 the GOP was telling us the economy was great?

Why do you listen to the GOP? That's your first problem.

People like you sicken me. You have a very short memory but you are very good at repeating what Rush told you yesterday.

I can't recall a single time I've ever listened to a Rush broadcast. Not once. Not ever.

Seriously J, it is people like you that make the politicians think they can get away with anything. If the DEMS fuck us, I'll be right there with you to get them out of office. But you REFUSE to put blame where it belongs. And you pretend to be unbias, which is the biggest lie I've ever heard. Stop being a cock sucker and wake the fuck up.

Sorry, but the Dems have already fucked us. They allowed most of the things that happened to happen. The bailout? Dems passed it. Sorry, I know whom to blame. It's not Democrats, and it's not Republicans.

Your name calling is amusing. I love how you resort to it whenever you are losing an argument, which is usually all the time.

Last edited:
We have eleven million illegal aliens in this nation now.

It was fewer than 2 million when Reagan came into office

Who did the jobs the new 9 million are doing now before the illegals came over to do them?

So it isn't jobs Americans won't do. It's that we won't do those jobs for under minimum wage.

Americans are coal miners. That's one of the dirtiest/most dangerous jobs, and we do those jobs. American's will do any jobs they are paid to do.

And with unemployment where it is at, I bet companies will have no problem finding help.

conservatives embrace the idea of eliminating the American middle class and replacing it with a Dickensian "working poor" class, and are working so hard to use illegal immigrant labor as the lever to bring this about.

As the '60's and '70's showed - during the height of the American middle class's economic and political power - a strong middle class will challenge corporate power and assert itself economically and politically. This represents a very real threat to conservative ruling elites. "The people" may even suggest that the most elite of the elites should pay stiffer taxes on the top end of their income, so that money can be used to provide the economically most disadvantaged with an opportunity to become socially and economically mobile. It would reduce the most massive of the wealth and the power of the most elite of our conservative elites.

Offshoring, union-busting, and nurturing a huge population of illegal workers (while pretending to be frantic about it and bleating about building fences, fielding vigilantes, or offering "amnesty") are the core ways to destroy an economic middle class, thus ensuring the ongoing political power of the conservative elite takeover that began with the so-called "Reagan revolution" and continues to this day.

This is why conservatives who complain about illegal immigration in front of the cameras won't lift a finger in the halls of congress to pass legislation that would put employers of illegals into jail. (They may support "tough fines," just so long as they're high enough to sound like a lot of money to the average working stiff but low enough to be a "cost of business" for a corporation that gets caught.)

Again, you're blaming CONSERVATIVES for hiring illegal immigrants. It's not conservatives, it's businesses. You say I don't know whom to blame? Get a clue, dude.

If Congress were to pass a law that said, quite simply, that the CEO of any business that was caught employing illegal immigrants went to jail for a year - no exceptions - then within a month there would be ten million (more or less) people lined up at the Mexican border trying to get out of the United States.

Now you think CEO's are responsible for hiring. :lol:

But, I have no problems with tighter regulations on worker verification. Unfortunately, enforcing these regulations is expensive. Who's going to pay for it? Your tax dollars. What will be one of the effects of such a bill? Corporations move overseas, and then we can't even tax them. Other countries will take in those tax dollars.

The US unemployment rate would drop close to zero, and wages would begin to rise.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

The American middle class would begin to return to viability, as would the union movement in this nation.

Unions can fuck off and die.

Last edited:
No. There are immigrants who are here legally, and they came for the same reasons the illegal ones did. They'll work for the same amount. Also, it's not illegal to export jobs overseas. So, if cheap labor is legal, you have no problems with it?

Well, not hiring him is going to cost you more. I wouldn't want to you "act against your best interest."

Of course it doesn't. Report them. I have no problems with illegals being sent back where they came from. That doesn't stop legal immigrants from taking jobs.

Again, I'm not talking about illegal immigrants. I'm talking about cheap labor in general.

THEY did it because the DEMOCRATS let them.

No, it's you who doesn't know where to place the blame. I blame the government, all of them. From Bush to Pelosi to McCain to Obama to Clinton. They all let it happen.

Not even close.

Guess what happens then. Instead of sending jobs overseas, the companies themselves move overseas. Are you that ignorant?

Loopholes exist because politicians allow them to. Politicians. Not Republicans. Not Democrats. Politicians.

Why do you continue to lump me with the Bush supporters? I'm not John McCain. Saying Bush every time I open my mouth isn't going to scare people away from my opinion. I'm anti-Bush. I was anti-Bush before it was cool to be anti-Bush. I don't defend him. I don't like him. I will defend any policy of his I agree with, and there aren't many.

Again, pointing fingers, everywhere. When Reagan and Bush Sr were in office, who controlled the other two branches of government? Here's a hint: it wasn't Republicans, not even one year. Edit for clarification: when they were in office, the Republicans never controlled BOTH branches of Congress. Republicans had a majority in the Senate for six years during the Reagan years. But, they never had complete control over the government.

So I ask you again: why do you only blame one party? Two of the Presidents you just named never served a single year without the other party controlling Congress. So, any bills they passed you didn't agree with: your precious Democrats had to agree to pass them.

I didn't vote for Hillary because Bill went along with Newt's Congress, which did a lot of what I'm talking about in the 90's. I warned people about this back then. They said I was just a worry wart. Now you see I was right, and you are still arguing. :cuckoo:

So why not just keep Bush in office? Why not just let Ted Stevens stay in office? If there will be no difference between Obama and Bush, why did we bother having an election? And if we know that Steven's replacement will be a crook just like he was because they are all the same, why not just keep the crook in office?

I know what you are saying, and trust me, I know that the Democrats will start getting bought off by the corporations and they won't fix shit that I expect them to fix and they'll ultimately disappoint me, but there is a very very clear difference between the GOP and the Dems.

The Dems agenda is not to fuck the middle class. We are their base. The GOP had to use wedge issues like god gays and guns to win over some of our middle class voters. The dems don't have that luxury. If the dems don't do right by us financially, they lose. PERIOD. Where the GOP can fuck us for 4 years and half of America will still vote for Bush:cuckoo: Look at you! You still don't know who victimized you.

Look at Gore. Clinton had 8 great years in office. Gore should have won in a landslide. The economy was booming!!!! Do you think Kerry would have even come close if Bush's economy was rocking in 2004? No fucking way!!!

So you just know Obama and Pelosi and Reed will be working harder for us than Bush and Delay/Hastert/Boehner did. If not, 2010 is right around the corner.

I am not mad at you J. You were victimized for 8 years and you are not thinking straight. You are like a POW who was in prison for 8 years. When you get out, your mind is a little fucked up.

Or you are like the rape victim. You start thinking maybe it was your fault. Maybe you did something to ask for it. Trust me, you did nothing wrong.

And we are here to make things right. Don't think too hard. Just recouperate J. In a year or so, you'll be doing a lot better.

I didn't vote for Hillary because Bill went along with Newt's Congress, which did a lot of what I'm talking about in the 90's. I warned people about this back then. They said I was just a worry wart. Now you see I was right, and you are still arguing. :cuckoo:

Wait, Newt's Congress is the one responsible for the BOOMING economy, right? I mean...it was a Republican Congress that passed the legislation.

I know what you are saying, and trust me, I know that the Democrats will start getting bought off by the corporations and they won't fix shit that I expect them to fix and they'll ultimately disappoint me, but there is a very very clear difference between the GOP and the Dems.

START being bought off? START? Really? Start? Seriously?

You're clueless, aren't you. Obama is already bought, paid for, wrapped, and under the tree. Want proof? Look who he's going to name as his Secretary of the Treasury.

The Dems agenda is not to fuck the middle class.

No, theirs is to fuck the rich. I'm for not fucking anyone. Unfortunately, there's not a party for that group of people. So I guess in a way, you're right, it is class warfare.

We are their base. The GOP had to use wedge issues like god gays and guns to win over some of our middle class voters.

Me = middle class. Me = don't give a shit about god, gays, or guns.

The dems don't have that luxury. If the dems don't do right by us financially, they lose. PERIOD. Where the GOP can fuck us for 4 years and half of America will still vote for Bush:cuckoo: Look at you! You still don't know who victimized you.

Oh, but I do. I'll remind you again: I voted for Kerry.

Look at Gore. Clinton had 8 great years in office. Gore should have won in a landslide. The economy was booming!!!! Do you think Kerry would have even come close if Bush's economy was rocking in 2004? No fucking way!!!

Didn't you just say that Clinton followed Newt's Congress? Wasn't Newt a staunch Republican? Thus, wouldn't Republicans be responsible for that BOOMING economy? No? I didn't think you'd see the logic in that.

So you just know Obama and Pelosi and Reed will be working harder for us than Bush and Delay/Hastert/Boehner did. If not, 2010 is right around the corner.

Of the three, Obama is the only one I have any hope in. Pelosi and Reid have both already proven they're fucking stupid. I want to see them both OUT in January, but it will never happen. I half wish Hillary would stay in the Senate just to take Reid's seat, really.

I am not mad at you J. You were victimized for 8 years and you are not thinking straight. You are like a POW who was in prison for 8 years. When you get out, your mind is a little fucked up.

Or you are like the rape victim. You start thinking maybe it was your fault. Maybe you did something to ask for it. Trust me, you did nothing wrong.

And we are here to make things right. Don't think too hard. Just recouperate J. In a year or so, you'll be doing a lot better.

Sure, whatever. You're a partisan hack. Wake up.

Sealybobo, it's easy looking outside the Republican/Democrat partisan hat. That's the only independence you'll have to see how corrupt Washington really is.

Last edited:

So why not just keep Bush in office? Why not just let Ted Stevens stay in office? If there will be no difference between Obama and Bush, why did we bother having an election? And if we know that Steven's replacement will be a crook just like he was because they are all the same, why not just keep the crook in office?

The Dems agenda is not to fuck the middle class. We are their base. The GOP had to use wedge issues like god gays and guns to win over some of our middle class voters. The dems don't have that luxury. If the dems don't do right by us financially, they lose. PERIOD. Where the GOP can fuck us for 4 years and half of America will still vote for Bush:cuckoo: Look at you! You still don't know who victimized you.

:lol: Keep on believing that,, even as the obamalama is trying to figure out a way to tell you he's gonna tax the snot outta you, cause there ain't enough rich white people.

Yes, Look at Gore,, he's a hundred million dollars richer feeding you his global warming hysteria,, flying round in his jet airplanes and idling his big fat suv,, yea look at Gore... :lol:

and you think you know who;s been victimizing you.. you poor old downtrodden ashamed of America human being..America never gave you nuttin.. did she?? :lol:

Last edited:
Yet another thread where sealy's unconditional love for the Democratic party shines through. Your head is shoved so far up the party's ass, you can't see the light of day. In a few years, all the problems will be blamed on your precious party, just like it was back in the 90's. The GOP will regain control, and the cycle will repeat itself.

Seriously, all the partisan bullshit you spout makes me sick. Blaming the bailout on Bush? Sure, he proposed it, but people like Pelosi and Reid jumped all over it. Last I checked, it was the Republicans who voted it down the first time. And, if I remember correctly, all the leftwing socialist idiots were going cuckoo over the thing. Your messiah Obama was a key advocate for it. Now you're against it?

You're disgusting. I'm glad I stopped listening to what you say months ago, otherwise I might be as fucking retarded as you are.

Personally, I think both parties suck.

THANK YOU!!!! I am so sick of partisan's towing the party line on all issues even when their "side" is completely out in left field, and being assinine about it too! I know that I never agree with anyone 100% of the time, so when I see the carbon copied reponses from Obama's supporters on this board (among others) it makes me not want to read their total BS (and that is exactly what it is). Anymore you can tell exactly who is going to shout what talking points to the moon and when.

Yeah of course Republican image is down, I mean we lost a major election. It will definitely go down when we are the losers this round. It will also rise steadily as Americans realize that politics is politics, whether they have "hope" or not. The Democrats will soon be in charge and getting blamed for everything again so we will see.

Yeah of course Republican image is down, I mean we lost a major election. It will definitely go down when we are the losers this round. It will also rise steadily as Americans realize that politics is politics, whether they have "hope" or not. The Democrats will soon be in charge and getting blamed for everything again so we will see.

we've already thrown change in the ditch so let's hope the hope holds out! Yey man!

we've already thrown change in the ditch so let's hope the hope holds out! Yey man!

Oh, there will be change. A universal health care system, for one thing. What shape it will take is anyone's guess at this point, but the people that sent in all the little donations that mounted up to a huge campaign war chest are demanding it. It will happen. There will be more relief for the people on the factory floor, rather than the people in the executive suite. There will be change as we deal with our allies as partners, rather than subjects.

There are so many negative attitudes that were completely toxic in the present administration, that just the change in attitude will create a more favorable climate for progress for all.

We are not expecting perfection or miracles from the Obama administration. Just some competance in government for the first time in eight years.

Oh, there will be change. A universal health care system, for one thing. What shape it will take is anyone's guess at this point, but the people that sent in all the little donations that mounted up to a huge campaign war chest are demanding it. It will happen. There will be more relief for the people on the factory floor, rather than the people in the executive suite. There will be change as we deal with our allies as partners, rather than subjects.

There are so many negative attitudes that were completely toxic in the present administration, that just the change in attitude will create a more favorable climate for progress for all.

We are not expecting perfection or miracles from the Obama administration. Just some competance in government for the first time in eight years.

I/m counting on it.. I want health care just like he has, just like he promised.. I want it sooner rather than later,, I want my taxes to not go up one red nickle.. I am expecting him to come forth with every single miracle he promised including tax cuts for 95% of us.. if he don't then he's a lying sack..

Forum List

Back