POLL: Did you vote for Obama because he was black?

Did you vote for Obama Because he was Black?

• Yes- Once you go black, you'll never go back.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
In 2008 Obama and John Edwards were essentially identical candidates (in all other respects), yet Obama got four times the number of votes in the primaries. I wonder why?
And right there you hit the nail on the head. Being Black is not the only reason why people voted for Obama; however, with there being little difference between polices espoused by Obama and the other Democrat candidates, his being Black was often the deciding factor. Also, there was increased voter turnout in certain demographics because of the opportunity to elect the first Black president (apologies to Mr Clinton).

And right there you hit the nail on the head. Being Black is not the only reason why people voted for Obama; however, with there being little difference between polices espoused by Obama and the other Democrat candidates, his being Black was often the deciding factor. Also, there was increased voter turnout in certain demographics because of the opportunity to elect the first Black president (apologies to Mr Clinton).

Or he won because Bush totally screwed up the country and McCain didn't present a good alternative.

What amazes me is that I never see any republicans really sticking up for McCain, and yet they wonder why he lost.

Or he won because Bush totally screwed up the country and McCain didn't present a good alternative.

What amazes me is that I never see any republicans really sticking up for McCain, and yet they wonder why he lost.
Obama was fortunate that the housing bubble burst when it did. I think that Obama probably would had won anyway, but the economic crisis sucked away any chance that McCain had of winning.

Obama was fortunate that the housing bubble burst when it did. I think that Obama probably would had won anyway, but the economic crisis sucked away any chance that McCain had of winning.

You make it sound like bush's policies had nothing to do with the "housing bubble", when in fact, he was the one who deregulated the banks and let Wall Street sell bad mortgages as investments.

What amazes me is that you seem to have forgotten your own thread ("Did you vote for Obama because he was Black?"). It was NOT "Did you vote for Obama because Bush screwed up the country?" Your reflexive Blame Bush mentality is disturbing in more ways than one.

What amazes me is that you seem to have forgotten your own thread ("Did you vote for Obama because he was Black?"). It was NOT "Did you vote for Obama because Bush screwed up the country?" Your reflexive Blame Bush mentality is disturbing in more ways than one.

Well, I think we've established no one voted for Obama because he was black. Since no one chose that option, apparently.

I voted for Bush twice. By 2008, I had taken a 20% reduction in pay, had an underwater mortgage and a busted 401K.

I wish I could say I turned on the man when he lied about why we went to war in Iraq or when he let a whole city get wiped out in a storm, but I didn't turn on the guy until his gross incompetence started having an effect on my life.

Forum List

Back