Politifact.com rates the pundits-Limbaugh, Olbermann, etc.

The St. Pete Times is owned by Times Publishing and is, as are most print media essentially a fascist concern which desperately try to appear 'centrist'... Of course they're not centrist, as anything which lends credence to leftism, at any level is Leftist.

Thus it's propaganda which feigns a moderate slant, but will always come down on the left.

The only people that are Moderates are fools and children; which Children having the advantage, through their means to out grow it.

So enlighten us, genius. Which publications do you read? I thought Leo Strauss was dead.

As a general rule I read my own work... It's brilliant, insightful; full of wit and never fails to dose the left with an appropriate measure of ridicule.

When I'm interested in the lies which the left are stirring into the pot at any given time, any of the media outlets will do... one's as good as the next; they're all steeped in the Leftist cool-aid and there are generally no original thoughts to be found in any of them.

Read the W. Post and you already know what in the NY & LA Times... Read the Arizona Republic and you have everything to be found in the Miami Herald or the Dallas Morning News; Read Newsweek and there's little point in finding US News... as you've already read everything it'll offer.

All news is national... and there's only so much of it and when all the news outlets are Leftist, there's not much diversity in the perspective through which it is reported; which is decadent, anti-American and faux erudite...

Thanks for confirming anyway that you're a product of your own warped mind. I won't bother reading any of it anymore since I prefer reading material based on fact (no matter which publication editorializes on it), and not someone's imagination.

It is mere opinion piece. It is also demonstrably wrong. Bias does that.

What Rush said (click the hyperlink under the true-false meter for the bogus analysis claiming that Rush was being disingenuous) was that there was no copy of the bill in the chamber when the Congressmen and Congresswomen VOTED on that moronic bill. He was COMPLETELY correct.

The idiots wouldn't have read it had there actually BEEN a completed bill there, anyway, but what they got (as the hyperlink does a fair job of actually explaining) was the original "bill" and the early morning 300+ page addendum which pretty well mangled the longer version that had been available a bit earlier.

The larger question is thus presented:

Why would anybody cite to the St. Pete Pravda as a basis to attack the credibility of ANY pundit?

What Rush said (click the hyperlink under the true-false meter for the bogus analysis claiming that Rush was being disingenuous) was that there was no copy of the bill in the chamber when the Congressmen and Congresswomen VOTED on that moronic bill. He was COMPLETELY correct.

The idiots wouldn't have read it had there actually BEEN a completed bill there, anyway, but what they got (as the hyperlink does a fair job of actually explaining) was the original "bill" and the early morning 300+ page addendum which pretty well mangled the longer version that had been available a bit earlier.

Why would anybody cite to the St. Pete Pravda as a basis to attack the credibility of ANY pundit?

So far, we have one refutation of the 22 quotes presented. Most everything else on there seems like the type of thing those people would say. Anybody else want to try their hand at refuting what was on the page?

It amuses me to see the Right attacking the source. It reminds me of the 9/11 conspiracists who attack Popular Mechanics.

Here is what Rush Limbaugh said about Washington and Christianity.

"Now, you've got people who want to conform and not cause any ripples, 'Oh, yeah, yeah, we're not a Christian nation, Judeo-Christian ethic, we are a lot of different religions here,' " Limbaugh said. "You can't read a speech by George Washington, you can't read his inaugural address, you cannot read them without hearing him reference God, the Almighty, and how this nation owes its existence to God and our thanks to God for the vision in founding this nation with people treated as he made them, the yearning spirit to be free and so forth."

Answer me this question: Is this true or not?

Here is what Glen Beck said

"You know, the anchor baby thing has always really hacked me off," Beck said. "You know the anchor baby. You know what that is. It's when a child that is born here, becomes a citizen and they help the illegal parents become citizens, right?"

He continued, sarcastically, "Remember empathy. Oh, empathy. No one wants to separate that family. Oh, that baby is a child. It's an anchor. It's an anchor to stay here."

"Why do we have automatic citizenship upon birth?" Beck asked. "Do you know? We're the only country in the world that has it. Why?"

This is patently absolutely completely and totally dead wrong.

Anybody wish to refute this? Anybody wish to say that Beck was taken out of context? Anybody wish to say that he was misquoted?

Another Glen Beck quote.

John Holdren, director of the White House Office of Science and Technology Policy, "has proposed forcing abortions and putting sterilants in the drinking water to control population."

Anybody else want to join the Terral crowd?

The "analysis" of the Glen Beck and Fox News babe (Guilfoyle) "report" on the CARS legal disclaimer is a fascinating study. The St. Pete Pravda labels it as "false." But click the hyperlink and READ it a bit and you discover:

To dissect this one, we have to begin by noting the small amount of truth in their comments. The statement Beck read was on a government Web site for auto dealers, but Guilfoyle twists that into some incorrect claims about the government getting access to individuals.

Here's the true part: The Department of Transportation confirmed the language was on the cars.gov Web site, but on Aug. 3 it was removed. The DOT released this statement to PolitiFact: "A security warning on the CARS.gov dealer support page that stated computers logged into the system were considered property of the Federal Government has been removed. We are working to revise the language. The language was posted on the portion of the website accessible by car dealers and not the general public."

[My emphases added.] http://politifact.com/truth-o-meter...beck-claims-governments-cash-clunkers-web-si/

Small amount of truth?

Not only did Beck and the Fox News babe read it accurately, and offer screen shots as support, but the Government acknowledged that it DID say EXACTLY what Beck SAID the legal language on the site warned about! It was SO completely RIGHT on the money, that the government is CHANGING IT, revising it, deleting it!

The "government spokesperson followed it up:

"It would be factually inaccurate to say that any computer that went to cars.gov would become the property of the U.S. government," said Sasha Johnson, a DOT spokeswoman said.
http://politifact.com/truth-o-meter...beck-claims-governments-cash-clunkers-web-si/

Except that it WOULDN'T be factually incorrect in ANY way inasmuch as that is precisely what the government website had SAID!

Last edited:

So far, we have one refutation of the 22 quotes presented. Most everything else on there seems like the type of thing those people would say. Anybody else want to try their hand at refuting what was on the page?

It amuses me to see the Right attacking the source. It reminds me of the 9/11 conspiracists who attack Popular Mechanics.
the source is CLEARLY partisan and extremely biased

The "analysis" of the Glen Beck and Fox News babe (Guilfoyle) "report" on the CARS legal disclaimer is a fascinating study. The St. Pete Pravda labels it as "false." But click the hyperlink and READ it a bit and you discover:

To dissect this one, we have to begin by noting the small amount of truth in their comments. The statement Beck read was on a government Web site for auto dealers, but Guilfoyle twists that into some incorrect claims about the government getting access to individuals.

Here's the true part: The Department of Transportation confirmed the language was on the cars.gov Web site, but on Aug. 3 it was removed. The DOT released this statement to PolitiFact: "A security warning on the CARS.gov dealer support page that stated computers logged into the system were considered property of the Federal Government has been removed. We are working to revise the language. The language was posted on the portion of the website accessible by car dealers and not the general public."

[My emphases added.] PolitiFact | On Glenn Beck's Fox News program, Guilfoyle claims government's Cash for Clunkers Web site would give government complete access to your home computer

Small amount of truth?

Not only did Beck and the Fox News babe read it accurately, and offer screen shots as support, but the Government acknowledged that it DID say EXACTLY what Beck SAID the legal language on the site warned about! It was SO completely RIGHT on the money, that the government is CHANGING IT, revising it, deleting it!

The "government spokesperson followed it up:

"It would be factually inaccurate to say that any computer that went to cars.gov would become the property of the U.S. government," said Sasha Johnson, a DOT spokeswoman said.
PolitiFact | On Glenn Beck's Fox News program, Guilfoyle claims government's Cash for Clunkers Web site would give government complete access to your home computer

Except that it WOULDN'T be factually incorrect in ANY way inasmuch as that is precisely what the government website had SAID!
and since they acknowledged the report was correct, then the st pete/pravada west report is INACCURATE

Kimbery Guilfoyle

Cash for Clunkers doesn't mean the government gets a peek
If you log into the government's Cash for Clunkers Web site (cars.gov) from your home computer, the government can "seize all of your personal and private" information, and track your computer activity.

they rated the above as FALSE. :clap2:

But regardless of how THEY chose to "rate" it, it turns out that ol' Kim Guilfoyle was QUITE correct.

Last edited:
It's an OPINION site related to the St.Petersburg Times. You could have mentioned that.

Not. They are recognized nationwide for picking up on statements and doing their own sourced research. The St. Pete Times has the largest circulation in Florida, which last I looked was mostly Republican. Did you bother reading any of it? It's critical of both Olbermann and Maddow as well.
From the link you posted:
PolitiFact is a project of the St. Petersburg Times to help you find the truth in American politics. Reporters and editors from the Times fact-check statements by members of Congress, the White House, lobbyists and interest groups and rate them on our Truth-O-Meter. We’re also tracking more than 500 of Barack Obama’s campaign promises and are rating their progress on our new Obameter.
And the "Obameter" is awfully sweet to The Obama, they only confirm seven broken promises.... But what's funny is, many of them are ones I have posted here, and had MaggieMae call me a liar. Well, here they are Monica:

The broken promises:
PolitiFact | The Obameter: Obama's Campaign Promises that are Promise Broken

The ones he's taken NO action on: (There's 19 pages of those)
PolitiFact | The Obameter: Obama's Campaign Promises that are No Action

You perhaps should try reading your own sources a little better.

And by the way I call you Monica because you seem to like sucking Presidential dick.

Last edited:
Here is what Rush Limbaugh said about Washington and Christianity.

"Now, you've got people who want to conform and not cause any ripples, 'Oh, yeah, yeah, we're not a Christian nation, Judeo-Christian ethic, we are a lot of different religions here,' " Limbaugh said. "You can't read a speech by George Washington, you can't read his inaugural address, you cannot read them without hearing him reference God, the Almighty, and how this nation owes its existence to God and our thanks to God for the vision in founding this nation with people treated as he made them, the yearning spirit to be free and so forth."

Answer me this question: Is this true or not?

George Washington
Inaugural Address
In the City of New York

Almighty Being who rules over the universe

George Washington: First Inaugural Address. U.S. Inaugural Addresses. 1989

Thanksgiving Proclamation (October 3, 1789)
George Washington
Whereas it is the duty of all Nations to acknowledge the providence of Almighty God, to obey his will
Thanksgiving Proclamation (October 3, 1789) - Miller Center of Public Affairs

“What students would learn in American schools above all is the religion of Jesus Christ.”
--George Washington in a speech to the Delaware Indian Chiefs May 12, 1779

"To the distinguished character of patriot, it should be our highest glory to add the more distinguished character of Christian" [May 2, 1778, at Valley Forge]

“It is impossible to rightly govern a nation without God and the Bible.”

“I am sure that never was a people, who had more reason to acknowledge a Divine interposition in their affairs, than those of the United States; and I should be pained to believe that they have forgotten that agency, which was so often manifested during our Revolution, or that they failed to consider the omnipotence of that God who is alone able to protect them.”
George Washington(American commander in chief of the colonial armies in the American Revolution (1775-83)

After reading a dozen or so speeches by Washington it is clear that most often than not Washington mentions God. Therefore Rush isn't too far off base with his point, which is this country was founded on Judeo-Christian principles.

The St. Pete Times has the largest circulation in Florida, which last I looked was mostly Republican.
It's going bankrupt, ad rates falling, circulation going in the tank, just like every other committed far-left mouthpiece that used to be a newspaper.

After reading a dozen or so speeches by Washington it is clear that most often than not Washington mentions God. Therefore Rush isn't too far off base with his point, which is this country was founded on Judeo-Christian principles.

Rush didn't say Washington "often" mentioned God. Rush said Washington "always" mentioned God. Even if his central point holds, it is a gross exaggeration, distorts the argument and is dishonest.

Last edited:
MM, maybe it's me, but all I see are certain 'quotes' and then a groups fact checking that particular quote. Nothing wrong with that, but considering that each of these pundits writes thousands of words or speaks thousands/millions of words, not sure how a quote or two is the basis for trust or not in any of them.

Still no takers from the right? Hmmm, maybe the thread will get moved to MEDIA. In the meantime, here's a bump and I'll be back later.

I'm not going to take issue with any of the individual points the link raises, but the fact that 14 of 22 are rated "barely true" or worse leaves me with nothing but contempt for the lot of them, and the majority of people who listen to and quote them.

What's also telling is that these are just a tiny sample of the vast number of leeches who make a very nice living off a public who are too busy looking for reasons to scream "liar" at each other to recognize that they are the problem, and not the "defenders of the truth" that they see themselves to be.

A country gets the government it deserves. For decades now America has lurched from left to right, to the detriment of the interests of its people. This thread is a perfect illustration of why.

Kimbery Guilfoyle

Cash for Clunkers doesn't mean the government gets a peek
If you log into the government's Cash for Clunkers Web site (cars.gov) from your home computer, the government can "seize all of your personal and private" information, and track your computer activity.

they rated the above as FALSE. :clap2:

But regardless of how THEY chose to "rate" it, it turns out that ol' Kim Guilfoyle was QUITE correct.

No, she wasn't. Did you not read the analysis following the rating?

PolitiFact | On Glenn Beck's Fox News program, Guilfoyle claims government's Cash for Clunkers Web site would give government complete access to your home computer

It's an OPINION site related to the St.Petersburg Times. You could have mentioned that.

Not. They are recognized nationwide for picking up on statements and doing their own sourced research. The St. Pete Times has the largest circulation in Florida, which last I looked was mostly Republican. Did you bother reading any of it? It's critical of both Olbermann and Maddow as well.
From the link you posted:
PolitiFact is a project of the St. Petersburg Times to help you find the truth in American politics. Reporters and editors from the Times fact-check statements by members of Congress, the White House, lobbyists and interest groups and rate them on our Truth-O-Meter. We’re also tracking more than 500 of Barack Obama’s campaign promises and are rating their progress on our new Obameter.
And the "Obameter" is awfully sweet to The Obama, they only confirm seven broken promises.... But what's funny is, many of them are ones I have posted here, and had MaggieMae call me a liar. Well, here they are Monica:

The broken promises:
PolitiFact | The Obameter: Obama's Campaign Promises that are Promise Broken

The ones he's taken NO action on: (There's 19 pages of those)
PolitiFact | The Obameter: Obama's Campaign Promises that are No Action

You perhaps should try reading your own sources a little better.

And by the way I call you Monica because you seem to like sucking Presidential dick.

So in other words, you agree that Politifact.com is fair and balanced? Find another rating source that is this thorough and I would be happy to take a look.

And what's with the "Monica" moniker? I suck no one's dick, asshole. Grow up.

The St. Pete Times has the largest circulation in Florida, which last I looked was mostly Republican.
It's going bankrupt, ad rates falling, circulation going in the tank, just like every other committed far-left mouthpiece that used to be a newspaper.

So where's the 'news' in that? Pun intended. Your guy Murdoch announced yesterday that he's gonna start CHARGING for reading online versions of all his publications, starting with The Wall Street Journal. Why? Because the news print business is ALL going under and they can't stay in business giving it all away for free.

Duh....

Forum List

Back