Politicking and the Supreme Court

Discussion in 'Law and Justice System' started by Ragnar, May 24, 2012.

1. Ragnar

Ragnar <--- Pic is not me

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +843
    What gives? I thought Obama's re-election was in the bag. What's with the fear mongering worry wortness of all this then?
    :lol:

Is Justice Ginsburg Risking the Future of the Supreme Court? - The Daily Beast

Interesting question in any case. Is it ethical for members of the SC to time their retirements for maximum political advantage? If not why not? Ethics aside, is it even practical to try and do so given the political battle that will take place in congress regardless of who is in office when they retire?

I'll hold my opinion until or unless there is anyone else with interest in the topic at this time.

2. RetiredGySgt

RetiredGySgt Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,928
    None of the Judges are apolitical. We have absolute proof from previous decisions that right and left apply with those judgements.

It is a personal matter for each Judge when they chose to retire and there is nothing inherently wrong with them making that decision based on who will get to replace them.

3. Bigfoot

Bigfoot NRA

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +467
    This is exactly why it is so important for Romney to become our next president.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1