Politicians need to stop saying it's about, "Americans coming together". Screw that!

The time for Americans coming together has come and gone. It's a dream that isn't going to happen, maybe not for generations, maybe not ever.

well that is something you can actually blame on George Bush .....he had 90% of the Country behind him after 9/11......a year later we were more divided than ever.....great Leadership......

Jon Huntsman ... how this president has FAILED to bring the country together.

There is no failure - by ending the Iraqi war and curtailing the 07-09 Great Republican Recession the Administration has moved leaps and bounds ahead of the previous R Administration to remove antagonism within American society and is being rewarded by the pols for a job well done.

to remove antagonism within American society

if you say so....i dont know where it was removed.....it looks worse than ever to me....

How many times to I have to explain something before it sinks in through that thick skull?

Mitt Romney Criticizes President Obama For Wanting To Hire More Police, Firemen and Teachers - YouTube

Mitt is saying we need fewer teachers. He has also suggested getting rid of the Department of Education. The Paul Ryan budget cuts education and job training.

Clearly, Mitt does not support teaching or training Americans for the more than 3 million jobs that can't be filled because people don't have enough skills.

Instead, according to his website, he wants to bringing immigrants with degrees here or give immigrants studying math or science unlimited residency. While I don't have a problem with bring in educated people from other countries, I do have a problem with doing it at the expense of "MITT'S OWN BASE".

Mitt Romney says immigrants are more likely to start a business so we should make it easier for them to get capital.

THE MAJORITY OF MITT'S BASE IS WHITE MEN WITH NO COLLEGE. WHAT IS HE DOING FOR THEM? Helping them work for bosses with accents????

He is proposing nothing to help them. Not in any way, shape or form.

Stop complaining about me when you seem to be so totally blind and completely ignorant. I linked to Mitt's website. I posted video of Mitt.

mitt romney help immigrants start a business

Tell me something fucking positive about this candidate. Something he would do for his base not at the expense of his base.

The majority of Americans want someone to work for. Someone who can pay them a good wage, provide them income security, and allow them to raise a family and enjoy their lives. They don't really care if that someone is born in American, immigrated to America, or isn't even an American. They don't desire to own the company.

Our political leaders need to do some simple things to get this economy working again. Stop the overtaxing and the overregulating, and let business grow. That will empower the middle class to grow, and will provide the good jobs that most American want.

What our political leaders need to cease doing, is cease favoring some Americans over other Americans, and quit the attempts at social engineering, and picking winners and losers.

Demand drives new jobs. No demand, no new jobs. Historically, that's when governments all over the world have stepped in with a "stimulus". It's worked here in this country more than once. The ONLY reason Republicans have fought against something they historically have supported is because they hate Obama. No other reason. They hate Obama more than they love America.

And right wingers have the nerve to tell me it's not about "race". How dare they. They can't deny that when their party is 90% white and they are engaging in voter suppression and the Republican leadership in Ohio has said they are targeting blacks.

Dean your an Asshole.....months ago there was a poster here who broke down Obamas Health plan and outlined why he is against it.......your reply....."why dont you just admit your against it because a Black man is behind it"......your a fucking Racist Dean....the only Difference between you and a KKK member is .....you hate White People....and wear black sheets.....

ok?.....so what about it?.....that exact policy,or a lot of it, is what many people out here...including a hell of a lot of Democrats would like to see....so what parts of that policy dont you agree with Dean?.....i think the wall is a waste of time.....so go ahead elaborate for me....

How many times to I have to explain something before it sinks in through that thick skull?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LoSmWK_-x4g]Mitt Romney Criticizes President Obama For Wanting To Hire More Police, Firemen and Teachers - YouTube[/ame]

Mitt is saying we need fewer teachers. He has also suggested getting rid of the Department of Education. The Paul Ryan budget cuts education and job training.

Clearly, Mitt does not support teaching or training Americans for the more than 3 million jobs that can't be filled because people don't have enough skills.

Instead, according to his website, he wants to bringing immigrants with degrees here or give immigrants studying math or science unlimited residency. While I don't have a problem with bring in educated people from other countries, I do have a problem with doing it at the expense of "MITT'S OWN BASE".

Mitt Romney says immigrants are more likely to start a business so we should make it easier for them to get capital.

THE MAJORITY OF MITT'S BASE IS WHITE MEN WITH NO COLLEGE. WHAT IS HE DOING FOR THEM? Helping them work for bosses with accents????

Stop complaining about me when you seem to be so totally blind and completely ignorant. I linked to Mitt's website. I posted video of Mitt.

Tell me something fucking positive about this candidate. Something he would do for his base not at the expense of his base.

Dean your the guy with the hard head.....do you realize how much of that Immigration policy you linked is something a hell of a lot of Democrats out here would be for?.......and as far as Romney goes....how many times do i have to say this before it sinks into your thick Skull?......FUCK Romney and the fucking Yacht he sailed in on....

The idea of attracting educated and intelligent people to this country is a great idea. I never said it wasn't.

I really hate to have to explain something so obvious.

The difference here is that Romney doesn't support his own base. Just because his base is white men without college doesn't mean they are too stupid to learn. It doesn't mean they are without talent. Romney has no plans to help those in his base compete with the educated coming from overseas.

Too many Americans have fallen into this trap of believing white men without degrees are too stupid to learn. Many of them are just like blacks and Hispanics. It's not that they are stupid, it's that they don't have the opportunity. There are places in the country where there simply isn't opportunity. And it will take outside help to bring in that opportunity. Republicans don't offer that. Not in any way, shape or form. They just don't. In fact, they even say things like education is for snobs.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jon Huntsman ... how this president has FAILED to bring the country together.

There is no failure - by ending the Iraqi war and curtailing the 07-09 Great Republican Recession the Administration has moved leaps and bounds ahead of the previous R Administration to remove antagonism within American society and is being rewarded by the pols for a job well done.

to remove antagonism within American society

if you say so....i dont know where it was removed.....it looks worse than ever to me....

i dont know where it was removed

when the Republicans lost in 2008 ... kept within themselves, attempting to bring it back in 2012.

Mitt Romney Criticizes President Obama For Wanting To Hire More Police, Firemen and Teachers - YouTube

The majority of Americans want someone to work for. Someone who can pay them a good wage, provide them income security, and allow them to raise a family and enjoy their lives. They don't really care if that someone is born in American, immigrated to America, or isn't even an American. They don't desire to own the company.

Our political leaders need to do some simple things to get this economy working again. Stop the overtaxing and the overregulating, and let business grow. That will empower the middle class to grow, and will provide the good jobs that most American want.

What our political leaders need to cease doing, is cease favoring some Americans over other Americans, and quit the attempts at social engineering, and picking winners and losers.

Demand drives new jobs. No demand, no new jobs. Historically, that's when governments all over the world have stepped in with a "stimulus". It's worked here in this country more than once. The ONLY reason Republicans have fought against something they historically have supported is because they hate Obama. No other reason. They hate Obama more than they love America.

And right wingers have the nerve to tell me it's not about "race". How dare they. They can't deny that when their party is 90% white and they are engaging in voter suppression and the Republican leadership in Ohio has said they are targeting blacks.

I hate to break it to you, but that demand driving new jobs concept, is just one small chapter in very thick macro-economics texts, and it only works in an already thriving economy. We will not get good jobs again until the economy begins to grow again. To get the economy growing again, we need to foster an economic environment that is conducive to business investment and risk taking.

We do not need new tax cuts or more government spending. What we need is tax certainty for the next few years, and regulatory relief in all areas.

How many of you know that the regulatory rules of the United States is 159,000 pages of fine print? Not even the government knows what all the rules are, but violation of one of them could cost a business tens of thousands of dollars. Big corporations and big banks can afford to hire the people necessary to sort through those 159,000 pages, and can afford to pay the penalties if they miss one, but small businesses and small banks cannot afford either. What fool wants to risk his savings in such a business environment?

Bullshit

Bullshit

and

Bullshit.

The country was never together, obviously. But it's Republicans, the party that's 90% white that is dividing the country. Not from each other, but from the Republican Party and everyone else.

And clearly, DEMOCRATS ARE DIFFERENT. They are a coalition party. There is no Karl Rove and no neocons.

Sure, you can point to someone you may consider extreme, but anyone in the Democrat Party who is extreme is marginalized by the FACT the party is a coalition party. That one fact. There is no one person that leads the party unless you point to Obama and even then, there are conservatives in the Democratic Party that almost always vote Republican. There are no liberals in the Republican Party. Period!

And they support a man who wants to bring educated immigrants here to be the bosses of a base Republicans have no interest investing in. You can see that in Mitt Romney's website.

Republicans, that "anti immigrant" party, completely ignores Mitt Romney's website:

Get this, instead of investing in Americans, Romney wants to bring educated immigrants here to become the bosses of those in his party. That is if they even qualify for a job. Remember, Romney wants to cut teachers, police and firemen.

Romney is telling you guys that he will fuck you up and you support him anyway???? Why? So you can have a boss with an accent? Why not support Americans that are already here? Oh, I'm sorry, I forgot, every man for himself. Obviously, for the Republican Party, it only applies to American citizens. Well that doesn't work for me.

Bullshit
its not further apart then when Bush left it?....:eusa_eh:

Bullshit
Democrats are NOT interested in Controlling this Country?.....:eusa_eh:

and

Bullshit.

your NOT controlled?.....

i notice you did not say Bullshit for my point no.4....are you agreeing with it then?....

I'm not controlled. But Republicans want to control every American citizen. Especially women.

lol control is all the democrats stand for.
democrats= big government= control
the hand that feeds you with those welfare checks is the hand that holds you down. Democrats even want to control how big of a soda you can buy lol or what food grocery stores can sell. You may want to check to make sure your not a republican, you sure sound like one with all this anti-control stuff.

Bullshit
its not further apart then when Bush left it?....:eusa_eh:

Bullshit
Democrats are NOT interested in Controlling this Country?.....:eusa_eh:

and

Bullshit.

your NOT controlled?.....

i notice you did not say Bullshit for my point no.4....are you agreeing with it then?....

I'm not controlled. But Republicans want to control every American citizen. Especially women.

the hand that feeds you with those welfare checks is the hand that holds you down. Democrats even want to control how big of a soda you can buy lol or what food grocery stores can sell. You may want to check to make sure your not a republican, you sure sound like one with all this anti-control stuff.

Why are you yammering on about welfare checks? I don't get a welfare check. You guys keep blabbing on about welfare while ignoring all the corporate handouts. Get a clue.

Why are you yammering on about welfare checks? I don't get a welfare check. You guys keep blabbing on about welfare while ignoring all the corporate handouts. Get a clue.

What corporate handouts? Congratulations on not needing a welfare check, btw :clap2:

Dean your the guy with the hard head.....do you realize how much of that Immigration policy you linked is something a hell of a lot of Democrats out here would be for?.......and as far as Romney goes....how many times do i have to say this before it sinks into your thick Skull?......FUCK Romney and the fucking Yacht he sailed in on....

The idea of attracting educated and intelligent people to this country is a great idea. I never said it wasn't.

The difference here is that Romney doesn't support his own base. Just because his base is white men without college doesn't mean they are too stupid to learn. It doesn't mean they are without talent. Romney has no plans to help those in his base compete with the educated coming from overseas.

Too many Americans have fallen into this trap of believing white men without degrees are too stupid to learn. Many of them are just like blacks and Hispanics. It's not that they are stupid, it's that they don't have the opportunity. There are places in the country where there simply isn't opportunity. And it will take outside help to bring in that opportunity. Republicans don't offer that. Not in any way, shape or form. They just don't. In fact, they even say things like education is for snobs.

then why do these people have to jump through hoops to get here?.....but yet the uneducated ones have no problem.......an Indian guy i know has a Phd.in Physics and teaches at Cal St. Fullerton and was born here......his younger Cousin came here and got a BS. and a Masters in Chemistry.....now his Educational visa is up he was told its time to leave.....the guy said he wants to stay and work here in the US.....nope gotta go....reapply when you get back.....this guy said he has been waiting 5 years now.....and applies every year......and yet thousands of UN-Educated Mexicans cross over and stay and NEVER get asked to leave.......WHY the preference?.....who's fault is it?.....the Republicans?.....

then why do these people have to jump through hoops to get here?.....but yet the uneducated ones have no problem.......an Indian guy i know has a Phd.in Physics and teaches at Cal St. Fullerton and was born here......his younger Cousin came here and got a BS. and a Masters in Chemistry.....now his Educational visa is up he was told its time to leave.....the guy said he wants to stay and work here in the US.....nope gotta go....reapply when you get back.....this guy said he has been waiting 5 years now.....and applies every year......and yet thousands of UN-Educated Mexicans cross over and stay and NEVER get asked to leave.......WHY the preference?.....who's fault is it?.....the Republicans?.....

You like to pick cherries or else, you feel the white Republicans are too stupid to learn and therefore fuck 'em.

Because you purposely ignored this part:

You like to pick cherries or else, you feel the white Republicans are too stupid to learn and therefore fuck 'em.

Because you purposely ignored this part:

this has been going on for years Dean.....since the nineties and maybe before that....Romney has got jack to do with that.....the Indian guy i was telling you about told me that story about 10 years ago.....his Cousin finally made it in about 2006.....but he had to jump through hoops....and im sure this shit still goes on.....but an uneducated moron can come in here and no one tells him to leave.....WHY?......

The first thing that needs to happen is for a few of our "leaders" to stop repeating the "it's all the other guy's fault" silliness of some of their constituents. Their next task would be to become true leaders, build consensus, work together and make decisions that are not based on their latest fundraising data.

The screamers need to marginalized, their inanity used for cautionary purposes, and the statesmen need to take over.

If there are any left.

I agree with most of this..however..sometimes it's impossible to build consensus.

President Lincoln had that problem.

The first thing that needs to happen is for a few of our "leaders" to stop repeating the "it's all the other guy's fault" silliness of some of their constituents. Their next task would be to become true leaders, build consensus, work together and make decisions that are not based on their latest fundraising data.

The screamers need to marginalized, their inanity used for cautionary purposes, and the statesmen need to take over.

If there are any left.

They got rid of Ron Paul so your choices for 'statesman' have become non-existent...

In any case..Romney's wonderful deingration of a sitting American President in the middle of a crisis has now made it quite impossible for the Consevatives to seriously tout the "Lets all come together as a nation" meme.

If there are any left.

They got rid of Ron Paul so your choices for 'statesman' have become non-existent...

Ron Paul is no statesmen.

Oh, you mean like corporate handouts to unions and other Democratic special interest groups?

Or are those different? Somehow?

If there are any left.

I agree with most of this..however..sometimes it's impossible to build consensus.

President Lincoln had that problem.
Obama is no Lincoln.

In any case..Romney's wonderful deingration of a sitting American President in the middle of a crisis has now made it quite impossible for the Consevatives to seriously tout the "Lets all come together as a nation" meme.

Again, this Administration calls me a potential domestic terrorist because I'm a conservative Christian gun-owning veteran who supports smaller government.

Remind me again how they're reaching out to me...?

Forum List

Back