Politically: how do you make liars stop lying?

A more appropriate question might be, how do you know when someone IS lying?

Accusations of "Liar!" seem to abound on political message boards. Yet the other person usually isn't lying at all - more probably, they are either mistaken or expressing a subjective opinion. The thing that separates a lie from a mistake is intention.

I know this - if I see someone with his pants on fire, I am pretty sure he is lying. If he is also hanging from a telephone wire, I KNOW he is lying. ;)

What determines the truth from a lie is physical reality.

F=ma is reality, it is truth.

In economics there are physical realities. People work, they create things that make wealth.

But in economics there are lies.

Since the advent of Reaganism the economic lies of the right have over shadowed the physical realities. To forestall an economic collapse, massive amounts of credit was issued.

In the end the collapse finally came.

Now we are living with the reality.

You make the liars stop lying by making lying expensive.

When someone states a provable lie you make it clear they lied by exposing the lie to the light of day and truth.

You never ever just let it slide.

When a liar has to wear their lie for the rest of their life then everyone will be better off.

I think you owe all of us alot of money then.

Go get your proof.

You see that is how it works.

You must be willing to proove what you claim with documented facts.

Go get your proof.

Hasn't stopped you yet.

But you really need to elaborate. Who is the finder of fact? Are you planning to pass a law to stop lying? How do you intend to enforce it?

Id like you to flesh out your idea.

evidence is the finder of fact.

You are entitled to your own opinion not your own facts

Go get your proof.

Hasn't stopped you yet.

But you really need to elaborate. Who is the finder of fact? Are you planning to pass a law to stop lying? How do you intend to enforce it?

Id like you to flesh out your idea.

Truthmatters gets her 'facts' from Media Matters. According to her, if MM says its a lie, it's a lie. They are the absolute of truth.... despite the FACT that they have a political agenda. It's laughable.

Easy

Attachments

• $xmaskard.jpg
    $xmaskard.jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 49

Forum List

Back