Political antics of this boards left

When one CHOOSES to go on National TV to advocate a position one is no longer just a private citizen. She became a PUBLIC Figure the instant she made that choice. And she has followed that choice by continuing to seek NATIONAL ATTENTION.

If the excuse given for why Maher can call Palin names and not be taken to task for it is because Palin is a Public Figure then guess what buddy? SO is your latest PUBLIC FIGURE.

Not only has the left never called Maher n his belittling of palin you stood by silently while Ed Shultz called Laura the same name you found so appalling when used by Rush. And not a peep.

They why do you whine about the comments concerning the Alaska inbreds, the Palins?

The children should be off limits. Sadly the swine of the left preferred to target them on a continual basis.

I don't carry a little waterheaded boy on all my campaign stops and then pass him off like a pet poodle.

How'd you like those comments about a 12 year old Chelsea Clinton's looks?

They why do you whine about the comments concerning the Alaska inbreds, the Palins?

The children should be off limits. Sadly the swine of the left preferred to target them on a continual basis.

I don't carry a little waterheaded boy on all my campaign stops and then pass him off like a pet poodle.

How'd you like those comments about a 12 year old Chelsea Clinton's looks?

I don't like children of politicians or celebrities being attacked. It's vulgar.

When Bush was President the left was all about blaming gas prices on him. Now for the left on this board any mention of rising gas prices and linkage to Obama is beyond the pale.

If the Left said this, they're crazy.

Gas prices are high because of decisions that were made in the late 70s.

Carter begged the nation to move away from petroleum. He predicted that the world would reach a point where supply would outstrip demand - and that nations heavily dependent on oil would suffer the most. (FYI: America is the largest motoring culture in history by an unimaginably large factor. We built roads and Hummers while other nations built light rail and small gas efficient cars) Carter drew up a long range plan involving conservation and alternative energy. He predicted that the American economy would be destroyed if we did not radically change our approach to energy. He called for national sacrifice, the kind of which is seen in war time. He said that the greatest enemy of America was not the Soviets, but dependence on a disappearing resource. He said the American relationship to oil threatened our future more than any other factor.

Enter Ronald Reagan, who was heavily funded by big oil. Reagan said Carter's alternative energy movement was insane. He told Americans what they wanted to hear, i.e., no sacrifice necessary. Use as much oil as you want. Petroleum is the future.

Reagan won.

And the American grave was dug.

(Bad things happen when big money buys elections and drafts policies)

People don't get it. Had we moved just 30% of our energy use to alternatives, we would be able to avoid the worst. Tragically, we spent 30 years under the GOP-Big-Oil delusion that petroleum would save us. Unfortunately, the gas companies are not investing in exploration because all the low hanging fruit is gone. They are now stuck with expensive deep water drilling and tar sands and other options where the investment/return ratio is much worse.

We should have been well on our way to an alternative energy future by now. Other nations reduced their petroleum use by 40% and they are making the transition much easier. Their economy is not 100% to a substance which is going away, and getting more expensive every day. They were smart. They benefited by the fact that big oil did not capture their political system.

We swallowed poison in 1980.

Last edited:

New Topics

Forum List

Back