Police Tesla runs out of battery during high-speed pursuit in California

bripat9643

Diamond Member
Apr 1, 2011
You can't make this stuff up, folks. The question I have: who is the moron who decided electric vehicles make good police cars?

A Tesla electric patrol car by the Fremont, California police department ran low on electricity in the middle of a pursuit, after the department said someone forgot to plug the vehicle into a charger. According to officials, the officer was pursuing a vehicle headed down to the southern part of the San Francisco Bay Area when the car began to run low on battery power.

Last edited:
You can't make this stuff up, folks. The question I have, who is the moron who decided electric vehicles make good police cars.

A Tesla electric patrol car by the Fremont, California police department ran low on electricity in the middle of a pursuit, after the department said someone forgot to plug the vehicle into a charger. According to officials, the officer was pursuing a vehicle headed down to the southern part of the San Francisco Bay Area when the car began to run low on battery power.
This idiotic, out of context thread a short life:

“This unfortunately happens from time to time even in our vehicles that run on gas, if they aren’t re-fueled at the end of a shift.”
Fremont Police Tesla Near-Dead Battery Forces Officer Off Pursuit
Now you are forced to endorse the notion that gasoline cars don't make good police cars.

Who ever it was that purchased that car for the dept. needs to lose his or her job...but its CA...most likely he will be promoted....

You can't make this stuff up, folks. The question I have, who is the moron who decided electric vehicles make good police cars.

This idiotic, out of context thread a short life:

“This unfortunately happens from time to time even in our vehicles that run on gas, if they aren’t re-fueled at the end of a shift.”
Fremont Police Tesla Near-Dead Battery Forces Officer Off Pursuit
Now you are forced to endorse the notion that gasoline cars don't make good police cars.
How can the OP of a thread be "out of context?" The OP is the context.

You can't make this stuff up, folks. The question I have: who is the moron who decided electric vehicles make good police cars?

WHAT you never heard of a cop running out of gas???

it happens more than you think

I'm calling 'fake news' on this one. No self-respecting American cop would try to chase anyone in an electric car.

article-0-0ED1D00B00000578-876_634x388.jpg

No, I never heard of it. I think the first thing they do before they go on patrol is make sure the car is filled up.

No, I never heard of it. I think the first thing they do before they go on patrol is make sure the car is filled up.

I've seen on cops where one car had to leave a pursuit because he was running out,,

it is rare in an average day but if its the end of the day and get into a miles long chase it can easily happen

teslas are still great cars that get better every year

To be fair, electric vehicles have tremendous torque. They can go from zero to 60 instantly.

Wonder how those electric helicopters will do.

Wonder how those electric helicopters will do.

That sucks. The cops here have a few Tesla's. But they are strictly kept on the roads, are forbidden from pursuing other cars (our PD has three interceptors for that) as well as driving on the highway. Tesla's are a good idea for cops in my opinion, but I would forbid their use in any pursuit. Meh, it's Cali I guess.

That sucks. The cops here have a few Tesla's. But they are strictly kept on the roads, are forbidden from pursuing other cars (our PD has three interceptors for that) as well as driving on the highway. Tesla's are a good idea for cops in my opinion, but I would forbid their use in any pursuit. Meh, it's Cali I guess.
Then they aren't a good idea for cops.

Forum List

Back