Police seize computers in Georgia hot car death case

Political Junky

Gold Member
May 27, 2009
I just heard about this this morning. The Father's searches on his computer seem condemning.

In Georgia hot car death, computers seized, source says - CNN.com

(CNN) -- As investigators in Georgia looked into the death of a 22-month-old boy left seven hours in a sweltering SUV, they seized computers from the father's office, a source with knowledge of the investigation told HLN's Nancy Grace.
The officers found something startling: an online search for information about how long it takes animals to die in hot cars, the source said.
It's unknown when the Internet search was conducted and whether the father did the searching. Police have declined comment when asked about the computer search.
The father, Justin Ross Harris, has pleaded not guilty to charges of murder and second-degree child cruelty.
He sits in jail without bond, with an appearance before a judge set for next Thursday. Police in Cobb County, just outside Atlanta, have been tight-lipped and haven't said whether what they found on the computer is one of the reasons they arrested Harris.
<more>

Last edited:
I just heard about this this morning. The Father's searches on his computer seem condemning.

(CNN) -- As investigators in Georgia looked into the death of a 22-month-old boy left seven hours in a sweltering SUV, they seized computers from the father's office, a source with knowledge of the investigation told HLN's Nancy Grace.
The officers found something startling: an online search for information about how long it takes animals to die in hot cars, the source said.
It's unknown when the Internet search was conducted and whether the father did the searching. Police have declined comment when asked about the computer search.
The father, Justin Ross Harris, has pleaded not guilty to charges of murder and second-degree child cruelty.
He sits in jail without bond, with an appearance before a judge set for next Thursday. Police in Cobb County, just outside Atlanta, have been tight-lipped and haven't said whether what they found on the computer is one of the reasons they arrested Harris.
<more>

pretty disturbing

I'm glad the police got it before he could pull a Lois Lerner, fry this asshole.......

They should leave him in a hot car, just like he left his own son. I can't believe he could do something this disgusting.

They should leave him in a hot car, just like he left his own son. I can't believe he could do something this disgusting.

He is entitled to due process!

"Give him a trial, then hang him"

You don't forget your child is in the car.

For a short time, maybe, but 7 HOURS? And I read LE believes he went back into the vehicle during lunch break. How could he have worked in the IT department if he was under the influence of a mind altering substance? Amoxicillin makes me dizzy, and I cannot do much work until a couple hours after a dose. And that is only an antibiotic.

When the guy is tried and convicted, you get to say he is guilty of committing a heinous crime.

Somewhere near 40 kids die as a result of sneaking into or being left behind in hot cars every year. It is certainly a case of negligence. It isn't murder without a trial.

"Innocent until proven guilty", I guess, but the child-protector in me wants to see the guy strung up by his <bleep>...

Last edited:
And neither have I. But it does happen a few dozen times per year in this nation.

For 7 hours, and forgetting you did not drop the child off at day care, plus placing something in the vehicle at lunch, without noticing the child?

I wonder what probable cause the po po had that they would have felt compelled to search a computer? Perhaps this is just par for the course for the department.

I wonder what probable cause the po po had that they would have felt compelled to search a computer? Perhaps this is just par for the course for the department.

The defendant admitted the basic facts:

1. He drove to work.
2. Stopped for fast food on the way, for himself.
3. Went inside the building for several hours.
3. Went to the vehicle at lunch to place something inside the vehicle, while the child remained in the vehicle.
5. Was inside MOST of the seven hours the vehicle was in the sun with the windows rolled up.
6. Got in the vehicle, a few minutes after 4:17 pm, drove a couple miles.
7. Then noticed his son had died.
8. The 22 month old boy, Cooper Harris, was trapped in the car seat, facing the seat cushions.

As investigators in Georgia looked into the death of a 22-month-old boy left seven hours in a sweltering SUV
How in the world can anyone forget their 22 month old baby for 7 hours???

If this was indeed planned, I truly hope that this fellow is tried for Capital Murder.

Damaging, but from the info made public, I wouldn't vote guilty beyond a reasonable doubt just yet. They didn't even say how long ago the search was and what exactly the search was.

I am hoping it was an accident, but think it probably wasn't. Definitely throw the book at this psycho if he's found guilty.

<more>

On the surface they seem condemning. But the defense was 'he wanted to know how to prevent it by understanding at what temperature it happens.'

Sunlight direct from the sun is much hotter than air temperature. So when it hits enclosed areas like cars, though the air temperature may be comfortable like 70F, the inside of the car over time can get over 100F. And I didn't have to look it up, that's just first-hand experience growing up and waiting in cars for my Mom. :) So I dunno if I buy he looked it up to know how to prevent it. Didn't he ever wait in a car for his parents?

Forum List

Back