Police kill more whites than blacks, but minority deaths generate more outrage

"White people make up roughly 62 percent of the U.S. population but only about 49 percent of those who are killed by police officers. African Americans, however, account for 24 percent of those fatally shot and killed by the police despite being just 13 percent of the U.S. population."

Aren’t more white people than black people killed by police? Yes, but no.

But that said police should wear body cams. Most often for their own protection but, in other cases......

Most, if not all of the shooting happen in urban setting where the black population exceeds 30 percent.

Squirrel move.

I think they should change the name to "Your Life Matters"! Skin tone be damned!

Police in Fresno, Calif., received a report of a man walking a downtown street with a rifle, but when they arrived, they instead found Noble speeding by in his pickup truck.

When they tried to pull him over, the 19-year-old led police to a nearby gas station and then exited his car.

“The driver then turned towards officers with one hand concealed behind his back, and told officers he hated his life,” the Fresno police department said in a statement. “As he continued to advance towards officers, an officer-involved shooting occurred.”

The department framed it as a “suicide by cop.” His family insisted that could not be the case, urged federal officials to investigate and demanded that video from the body cameras worn by both officers involved be released.

“I am outraged that the police would shoot my son and say that it is his fault,” Veronica Nelson, Noble’s mother, told reporters at a news conference not long after the shooting. “So please join me as I’m demanding justice for Dylan.”

Above from the same link as before.

Video Shows Dylan Noble's Final Moments As Cops Fatally Shoot Him

Forum List

Back