Police Camera Pans Away As Officers Beat Suspect

george4title

Aug 2, 2010
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYZWQuEb5sM]YouTube - Police Camera Pans Away As Officers Beat Suspect[/ame]

I know police beating happen often and all the time but the manipulation of the police camera I thought might be news worthy

I know police beating happen often and all the time but the manipulation of the police camera I thought might be news worthy

Yeah I noticed that too. Is there someone in control of that camera or is it like an automatic thing?

Looks like the police still havn't learned there lesson about beating minorities.

Yeah I noticed that too. Is there someone in control of that camera or is it like an automatic thing?

The police claim that it is automatic, and that it is actually programmed to pan away.

Police Camera Pans Away As Officers Subdue Suspect - Denver News Story - KMGH Denver

The part that gets me is that someone managed to program a camera to pan away when things get bad for cops, and then to pan back after it is over.

The police claim that it is automatic, and that it is actually programmed to pan away.

Police Camera Pans Away As Officers Subdue Suspect - Denver News Story - KMGH Denver

The part that gets me is that someone managed to program a camera to pan away when things get bad for cops, and then to pan back after it is over.

I know things have progressed, but how do you program a camera to pan away when a cop is doing something illegal? That is some damn scary future stuff right there.

I know things have progressed, but how do you program a camera to pan away when a cop is doing something illegal? That is some damn scary future stuff right there.

Which is why I think it is remotely operated. It followed the cop that went after the guy on the phone until he threw him down, and then it panned away.

The cop acted just fine, who knows what the man was saying while on the phone it could have been a threating coversation towards the officer or inciting the subject being arrested. The man was clearly not complying with the officers orders to get off the phone so the officer needed to use physical force in order to make the subject comply.

The Denver PD Safety Manager doesn't feel the officers did anything wrong. Typical. Also, DeHerrera only got a settlement of $17,500. Seriously, that's it?

Denver officials divided over punishment for officer in videotaped beating - The Denver Post

Actually.

The city settled with DeHerrera and Johnson for a total of $15,500, and photographs in the case show injuries to DeHerrera face.

But if it makes you feel any better, the officers got one of the harshest punishments there is:

Murr was suspended for three days without pay for violating a provision requiring truthful and accurate information in police reports, and Sparks fined 24 hours for the same violation, records show. The officers' attorneys could not be reached for comment.

The cop acted just fine, who knows what the man was saying while on the phone it could have been a threating coversation towards the officer or inciting the subject being arrested. The man was clearly not complying with the officers orders to get off the phone so the officer needed to use physical force in order to make the subject comply.

The man didn't have to get off the phone.

The Denver PD Safety Manager doesn't feel the officers did anything wrong. Typical. Also, DeHerrera only got a settlement of $17,500. Seriously, that's it?

Denver officials divided over punishment for officer in videotaped beating - The Denver Post

Actually.

The city settled with DeHerrera and Johnson for a total of $15,500, and photographs in the case show injuries to DeHerrera face.

But if it makes you feel any better, the officers got one of the harshest punishments there is:

Murr was suspended for three days without pay for violating a provision requiring truthful and accurate information in police reports, and Sparks fined 24 hours for the same violation, records show. The officers' attorneys could not be reached for comment.

Yeah, I saw all of that, and no, it doesn't make me feel better. Those officers should never carry a badge again and those guys deserve a hell of a lot larger settlement than that.

The camera is controlled by a monitor observing the activity on a video terminal at a remote location. That individual deserves to be fired.

Looked like the pedestrians were too close to the arrest. They didn't comply to move back would be my guess.

Forum List

Back