Polarization has reached new levels that wikipedia blocked congressmen from updating wikipedia.

First off unless I'm mistaken only one happened in the US.

Scientology was universal and if their 'credibility' is compromised can you blame them?, and a 10 day ban on Representatives computers for pretty much the same reason. Any bozo can add to their pages. They try to be factual information but they fail due to the above reasons. Most people I respect laugh at wiki as a source, again for those reasons.

Last edited:
First off unless I'm mistaken only one happened in the us.

Scientology was universal and if their 'credibility' is compromised can you blame them?, and a 10 day ban on Representatives computers for pretty much the same reason. Any bozo can to their pages. They try to be factual information but they fail due to the above reasons. Most people I respect laugh at wiki as a source, again for those reasons.

Wiki as a source should never be used if you're trying to make a detailed point. I use it because most people on here don't source, and wikipedia's quick and easy. If I really want to hammer someone then I will use proper sources.

Scientology was universal and if their 'credibility' is compromised can you blame them?, and a 10 day ban on Representatives computers for pretty much the same reason. Any bozo can to their pages. They try to be factual information but they fail due to the above reasons. Most people I respect laugh at wiki as a source, again for those reasons.

Wiki as a source should never be used if you're trying to make a detailed point. I use it because most people on here don't source, and wikipedia's quick and easy. If I really want to hammer someone then I will use proper sources.

You can always go one step further. Most Wiki articles contain proper sources. Look them up and quote them, if you're going for a more formal presentation.

You can always go one step further. Most Wiki articles contain proper sources. Look them up and quote them, if you're going for a more formal presentation.

Of course, sometimes I do that.

Wikipedia in the normal world is a great starting point.

However on this board, and most politics boards, I know most people won't bother to prove things or spend time reading what I write. Half the time I need to point out that I didn't say what they think I said because they didn't read it properly.

Why would I go to the trouble and time of finding decent sources when they're not going to actually read it properly?

If I find someone who is really into a deep debate I will dig and search everywhere, but that is rare.

Forum List

Back