Plouffe says if Republicans don't run the table, they fail

He's right, of course.

The Republicans right now have a lot of fake momentum - it looks like they're gonna sweep. If they want that to translate to actual momentum, they'll have to win, and win really big. They need to pull of an opposite of 2006, or another 1994.

Which they're not going to do.

He's right, of course.

The Republicans right now have a lot of fake momentum - it looks like they're gonna sweep. If they want that to translate to actual momentum, they'll have to win, and win really big. They need to pull of an opposite of 2006, or another 1994.

Unless they win every single seat that is up, even the ones where they have no one running, they loose? Great way to move the goalpost to keep your side from loosing.

He's right, of course.

Unless they win every single seat that is up, even the ones where they have no one running, they loose? Great way to move the goalpost to keep your side from loosing.

If it makes you feel better to blame partisanship, feel free. But I'm not looking at this in terms of partisanship, I'm looking at it from a political strategy standpoint. This is very relevant to what I do for a living.

That being said, no one is expecting the Republicans to win EVERY SINGLE seat that's up... but in 2006 the Dems didn't lose a single seat or governorship - and that's not going to be true this time around.

I don't look at politics like a football game - there's no "my team". There's no where to "move the goalposts" to - because I'm not trying to "win". I'm attempting to discuss the strategy implications.

Last edited:
Ploufe clearly stated that the only way the Republicans could claim victory is if they sweep Congress, and you are trying to claim that is not partisanship.

One of us is really confused.

He's right, of course.

If it makes you feel better to blame partisanship, feel free. But I'm not looking at this in terms of partisanship, I'm looking at it from a political strategy standpoint. This is very relevant to what I do for a living.

That being said, no one is expecting the Republicans to win EVERY SINGLE seat that's up... but in 2006 the Dems didn't lose a single seat or governorship - and that's not going to be true this time around.

I don't look at politics like a football game - there's no "my team". There's no where to "move the goalposts" to - because I'm not trying to "win". I'm attempting to discuss the strategy implications.
really?
please name the incumbent GOP that is going to lose

It would seem that if the repubx don't win every race that people are not as fed up with Dems as the right seems to think.
Perhpas a few actually realize that the republicans deserve a lot of blame for our current situation. And are a little smarter than the right who seems to think that Obama should have fixed things in a few months.
What is wrong with America cannot be fixed in months or even a few years.
Took us two or three decades to get here and it will take time to fix what we hosed up thru greed and shortsightedness.

They win both houses. Then what? Send another two million jobs to China? That's the solution?

It would seem that if the repubx don't win every race that people are not as fed up with Dems as the right seems to think.

Who set that bar?

The right set it now can they jump it.

Really? Post a quote backing that up.

Does Karl Rove think Republicans will win the Senate seat in Delaware?

Does Dick Morris think Nancy Pelosi will be defeated in her district?

Who is making these statements you ascribe to "the right?"

Last edited:
Fake momentum?

Hillarious... but expected. These guys are toast in such a big way they cannot even fathom how bad this is going to be for the Dems.

Just as an example from this thread on who set the bar.

The partisan enthuasiam is dying down a bit as the Nazi, witch, etc pasts come out though.

The fact that the left is stooping to these lows is evidence enough of how bad it is going to be. Case in point, the brouhaha over this illegal alien stuff. They trot her out there, expose her to criminal prosecution and then demand that Whitman should have known she was illegal. Really, how? Because she had brown skin and a Spanish accent? Really?????? Isn't the left suing AZ over perceived profiling that like, never happened?

Oh, it's bad.

The notion that the left is now claiming that if the Repubs don't take every election means that the Dems won, is, well.. Dare I say it.. retarded. That's like saying if I don't clear the table on the opening break, I lose. It's just dumb.

Forum List

Back