Plotting Attacks To Disrupt Nov. Poll: US

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by brneyedgrl80, Jul 9, 2004.

1. brneyedgrl80

brneyedgrl80 Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I'm not sure if this has been discussed seeing as that I have been MIA for awhile, but here it goes...

Osama Personally Plotting Attacks To Disrupt Nov. Poll: US

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Email this page Print this page

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Washington, July 9 (NNN): Dreaded Al-Qaeda terror network kingpin Osama bin Laden is personally plotting large-scale terror attacks against the United States in the near future in a bid to disrupt the forthcoming November Presidential election, the CNN reported on Friday.

Quoting senior intelligence officials, CNN said Laden's top lieutenant Ayman al-Zawahiri is assisting him in planning out the attacks.

"This type of plotting, this type of operational activity, is being done with the direct direction and authorization of that senior leadership," CNN quoted one official as saying.

Meanwhile, Homeland Security Secretary Tom Ridge said intelligence acquired from arrested terror suspects from Europe and West Asia resulted in the new warning.

Ridge and White House press secretary Scott McClellan told reporters here on Thursday: "Since September 11, 2001, we have had intelligence that al-Qaeda intends to launch more attacks against the homeland," Ridge said, adding: "Credible reporting now indicates that al-Qaeda is moving forward with its plans to carry out a large-scale attack in the United States in an effort to disrupt our democratic process."

Read more here: http://www.indolink.com/displayArticleS.php?id=070804103910

Okay, I am going to ask the questions the mainstream media won't.
    1. WHY would terrorists want to disrupt the elections? With both Bush and Kerry favoring war and supporting Israel, the elections are totally irrelevent from the point of view of the supposed terrorists.

2. WHY would a terror attack in, for example, Atlanta have any effect on the elections being held in California, Alaska, or Hawaii?

3. Isn't this supposed threat to the elections a very good reason to go back to paper ballots?

4. Don't the "terrorists" win if the elections are canceled?

5. Isn't George Bush the only one who really banefits from canceled elections?

2. NewGuy

NewGuy Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    The answer is quite clearly this:

You are asking all the wrong questions.

#5 is the closest, but still way off.

We need the terrorists to attack. If they do, it gives legitimacy to the whole war on terror.

We then have Bush leading us into more combat with America rallying behined him. He won't lose no matter what.

More patriot acts, less citizen power over government, more Constitutional degredation. We will overtake American citizens who have guns as they will be a national security threat and will use EU troops to do it. We will then be submissive to the EU entirely.

The kick is it is either this decline into passive uselessness against the EU as it grows and overtakes, or it is electing Kerry by some weird quirk of fate and we get bombed into Hell by terrorists.

You guys can take my words to the bank on this.

3. brneyedgrl80

brneyedgrl80 Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3
    :clap:

I agree with what you wrote. I think question 5 is the clencher.

4. lilcountriegal

lilcountriegal Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +59
    I'll take a stab at some of these.

1) Bush and Kery may both favor war, but that's where the similarities end. Kerry has a much more laxed view on the WoT than Bush does.

2) The same reason the 9/11 attack in New York angered Americans all over the country.. it doesnt necessarily have to be in your backyard for it to effect you.

4) I'm not sure their goal is to cancel elections as it is to influence them...

5) same as above.

5. insein

insein Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +356
    Ah but every indication that Kerry has made is that he is NOT a man of his word. He's changed his position on many things. The terrorists feel that he can be changed with one blow to the side of no war.

Why did people in Cali feel hurt when 9/11 happened in New York in Washington? We're America. Thats a dumb fucking question, browneye. No offense but you should be smartrer than that.

Don't know what you have in your area, but i have paper ballots in mine. I imagine most if not all are paper ballots in some shape or form.

Yes, another dumb question.

No the terrorists do. If they have disrupted our election, they win. Bush would still have to go through an election at some point. What if all signs indicated a land slide victory just before the elcetion for Bush. How does that help him then?

Our Election will NOT be postponed. We are not the pussified Spanish and even they had their elections on time.

6. brneyedgrl80

brneyedgrl80 Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Actually, a lot of states want to switch over to electronic voting. I think voting machines are a bad idea IMO.

7. NewGuy

NewGuy Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Anyone who knows anything about computers KNOWS they are a bad idea.

8. insein

insein Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +356
    Definitely a BAD idea. We can't handle a hacker sending an internet worm. Not that these boxes will be hooked up to the internet, but it still eaves it open to l33t hax0rs that either party would want to higher to rig a ballot box.

9. NewGuy

NewGuy Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    I would do it just for a tea party.

10. nycflasher

nycflasher Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14
    1. Because they can, if they can. Isn't it a bit obvious that they hate democracy?

2. Huh? Who said anything about Atlanta? Besides, 9/11 physically took place in PA, NYC and D.C. but certainly you would agree that it was an attack on all U.S. citizens. Right?

3. Hackers already existed. But sure, the threat of interference from terrorists could be more of a reason to go back to paper. Plus, we love hanging chads here in the U.S. :rolleyes:

4. Who said anything about cancelling the elections? Where do you get this shit, Browneye? Um, yeah, I would say that they won in a sense IF our elections were cancelled.

5. The questions keep getting worse...not touching this one. :p: