Please refute this experiment

I just ran the following experiment 100 times, making it as statistically significant as the AGW temperature data from 1850:

My 20 gallon fishtank was half full of water (H2O) the thermometer read 72.

I added a teeny, tiny liitle bit of Bromo Seltzer, like 1/4 of a gram which released a hail of CO2 into the contained fish tank.

An hour later, the thermometer still read 72.

I conducted this experiment 100 consecutive days and never measured any increase in temperature.

We conclude that increasing CO2 from 280 to 400PPM has no effect on temperature.
That's awesome!!
When can we expect the weather to go back to normal?

It already is
Nope, it's not.

When will it be?
Define “normal “
A time when we aren't having "hundred year" events every few years instead of every hundred.

I just ran the following experiment 100 times, making it as statistically significant as the AGW temperature data from 1850:

I added a teeny, tiny liitle bit of Bromo Seltzer, like 1/4 of a gram which released a hail of CO2 into the contained fish tank.

I conducted this experiment 100 consecutive days and never measured any increase in temperature.

We conclude that increasing CO2 from 280 to 400PPM has no effect on temperature.
That's awesome!!

It already is
Nope, it's not.

When will it be?
Define “normal “
A time when we aren't having "hundred year" events every few years instead of every hundred.
Example?

That's awesome!!

It already is
Nope, it's not.

When will it be?
Define “normal “
Example?
1974?

That's awesome!!

It already is
Nope, it's not.

When will it be?
Define “normal “
Example?
1974?
What? What events are you referring to?

That's awesome!!

It already is
Nope, it's not.

When will it be?
Define “normal “
Example?
1974?
You asked a silly question, so I gave you a silly answer.

Now try again, and this time think before you post.

That's awesome!!

It already is
Nope, it's not.

When will it be?
Define “normal “
Example?
1974?
You asked a silly question, so I gave you a silly answer.

Now try again, and this time think before you post.
What events are you referring to? Link it?

Lol, your an idiot. Co2 is a greenhouse gas meaning it traps light heat to start. What you have done is adding it to water. You have actually part of an experiment you have made your water more acidic. Your scientific method is hilarious. You wanna test get to plastic bottles. Fill one with air and cap. Fill the other with 20 percent more co2. Grab 250 watt light. Space bottles equal distance from light. . Forgot step place thermo meter in bottles before capping. In 30 minutes you will see a difference in temperature.

Lol, your an idiot. Co2 is a greenhouse gas meaning it traps light heat to start. What you have done is adding it to water. You have actually part of an experiment you have made your water more acidic. Your scientific method is hilarious. You wanna test get to plastic bottles. Fill one with air and cap. Fill the other with 20 percent more co2. Grab 250 watt light. Space bottles equal distance from light. . Forgot step place thermo meter in bottles before capping. In 30 minutes you will see a difference in temperature.

However, the central thesis of AGW remains that increasing CO2 at these deminimus levels traps heat and raises temperatures. I did not observe this in my primitive and limited experiments

That's awesome!!

It already is
Nope, it's not.

When will it be?

Actually, it is.

However, the central thesis of AGW remains that increasing CO2 at these deminimus levels traps heat and raises temperatures. I did not observe this in my primitive and limited experiments
Ya, lol.ok

That's awesome!!

It already is
Nope, it's not.

When will it be?

Actually, it is.
But it isn't. Record setting weather is happening every years these days. That's not normal.

That's awesome!!

It already is
Nope, it's not.

When will it be?

Actually, it is.
But it isn't. Record setting weather is happening every years these days. That's not normal.

No, it isn't. It is provable that the temperature of the Earth was much hotter during the 1930s than the present.

The so called records being set are lies. They claim that every year the temp record goes up by some fractional number, usually around .004 degrees C. The only problem with that is the instruments are only capable of measuring accurately to within .10 degrees C.

The way they magically pull these numbers out of their collective asses is to run the raw temperature data through a coupled climate model, and voila, they get their .004 degree rise.

It's all smoke and mirrors and they rely on the fact that the majority of the population is scientifically illiterate.

Ah ... you need to learn what AGW Theory says ... carbon dioxide emissions is just one component, the other main one is human land use ... like deforestation and laying down asphalt ... urban heat islands are a real thing, temperatures can be 2-3ºC higher in town that just outside city limits, clear and convincing evidence of man-kind caused warming ...

Anyway ... your experiment is easily refuted ... in the OP, you implied that the Bromo Seltzer created gas bubbles, which rose to the surface of the water and escaped ... this is because your water is already in CO2 equilibrium with the atmosphere ... any added CO2 will be driven out of the water and none of it will dissolve ... you'll need to take pH readings to confirm this ... also, the water will need to be sterilized, any one-celled organisms in the water will interact with the extra CO2 either absorbing or releasing it, skewing the results ...

May I suggest a few minor changes to your procedure ... if you don't have a decent hood inside your home, then move the fish tank outside ... I'm going to have you start by removing a gallon of water and replacing it with a gallon of household bleach ... let it sit overnight so all the chlorine can escape (thus why it's outside, otherwise the chlorine will kill you and your family as you sleep) ... next you'll need a cover with a check valve in it, your local Pick-a-Part or auto wreckers should be able to provide you with a PCV value dirt cheap ... you can get a reasonably air-tight seal with some of that closed cell foam stuff that's sold in narrow strips to weatherize doors and a few heavy bricks ...

Then take our water temperature, toss in a handful of dry ice, place the cover ... (aren't you glad for the check-value now?) ... now we have something other than 425 ppm atmosphere interacting with the water ... closer to 1,000,000 ppm CO2 ... the water will suck up CO2 until it reaches the new equilibrium state ... and we take the temperature again ... correcting for the heat loss sublimating the dry ice ...

If we want to publish in Nature, we'll need verification ... run the old air pump into our system, then out the check value through the air intake on a fuel-injected rig made in the past 25 years ... there's a handy mass spectrometer in there ... time how long it takes until the "check engine light" quits coming on after we clear the error code for too high CO2 ... take the temperature of the water again (remembering our correction from above) ...

We'll need a better thermometer ... we're looking to confirm a 2ºC increase over 100 years, or 0.02ºC per year ... or 0.000015ºC over an afternoon ... I'll leave that part up to you ... a pressure chamber would be handy, something rated to 150,000 atm, it would be easier if we can get our dry ice up to the water temperature ...

Write it up and send it in ... just try not to gawk at the Queen of Sweden's tits when you're introduced to her ...

Try Danio spp. ... I've kept these little guys in a 5 gallon paint bucket for months ...

Note: Yes, I know under that pressure, the water would freeze ... use liquid helium, do I have to do ALL the damn thinking here? ...

That's awesome!!

It already is
Nope, it's not.

When will it be?

Actually, it is.

How are you defining "normal"? ... meteorological data is notorious for very high standard deviations ... "normal" can be quite removed from average ... ask somebody from Phoenix when the skies are full of thunderheads in July ... average is 115ºF and bone dry, normal is 75ºF and pouring rain ...

The flaw in your dishonest trolling there is that liquid water blocks longwave IR extremely well, so adding more CO2 is insignificant.

You're welcome.

The funny part? How none of the cultists having their big circlejerk here understood something that basic.

Deniers really are world-class imbeciles. They have to be, or they're ejected from their authoritarian cult, which does not tolerate intelligence or independent thought.

Is your tank salt water? If so, drop some ice cubes in it and set up a heat lamp... then constrict a bio dome that can replicate an atmospheric habitat similar to earth. Then measure how the melting of the ice effects the currents, sea life, and weather patterns of your environment. Once you get all that going check back in and we can’t play with contaminants and how they effect the habitat

It's fresh water, Honey Boo Boo.

The experiment was merely to test for any increase in temperature from an increase in CO2 at the level that the AGW Cult tells us is already causing a Sixth Extinction Cycle.
Oh... well then in that case your test failed to simulate the conditions of our habitat and is this yielding irrelevant results. Keep trying.

The Experiment holds it's first test! Slade agrees that there is no increase in temperature!

Oh good, I guess since we are now just making up declarations for eachother we can move this thread into satire and proceed.

CrusaderFrank admits his experiment was actually dropping a number two into the toilet while taking his own temperature. No temperature change was recorded

Should be easy for you to post an experiment showing a temperature increase, right?

Very easy. I just did... you didn’t read my post? You need to take the water temp not your own... that’s where you mess yours up.

So no experiments from any of all the "Scientific organizations" that have consensus?

You can't find one, single experiment?

That's awesome!!

It already is
Nope, it's not.

When will it be?

Actually, it is.

Og the caveman kept meticulous weather recording, right?

Forum List

Back