Pistorius Guilty

ChrisL

Diamond Member
Jul 24, 2014
Wherever the wild things are!!
Interesting! On appeals, the court overturned the previous verdict of "culpable homicide" which is probably the equivalent of our "man slaughter" and Mr. Oscar Pistorius has been found guilty of murdering Ms. Reeva Steenkamp.

Oscar Pistorius convicted of Reeva Steenkamp murder - CNN.com

(CNN)Oscar Pistorius has been found guilty of the murder of Reeva Steenkamp after South Africa's Supreme Court of Appeal overturned the previous conviction of culpable homicide.

Judge Eric Leach ruled Thursday that the Paralympic gold medalist should have foreseen that his firing of a gun would have killed whoever was behind the door in his bathroom, regardless of whether he thought it was Steenkamp or an intruder.

State prosecutors appealed the verdict of culpable homicide, seeking a conviction on more severe charges.

The original court judgment had been "fundamentally flawed," Leach said.

Interesting! On appeals, the court overturned the previous verdict of "culpable homicide" which is probably the equivalent of our "man slaughter" and Mr. Oscar Pistorius has been found guilty of murdering Ms. Reeva Steenkamp.

(CNN)Oscar Pistorius has been found guilty of the murder of Reeva Steenkamp after South Africa's Supreme Court of Appeal overturned the previous conviction of culpable homicide.

Judge Eric Leach ruled Thursday that the Paralympic gold medalist should have foreseen that his firing of a gun would have killed whoever was behind the door in his bathroom, regardless of whether he thought it was Steenkamp or an intruder.

State prosecutors appealed the verdict of culpable homicide, seeking a conviction on more severe charges.

This is more common in legal systems outside the US. Prosecutors get multiple tries at a verdict, as opposed to here where they usually only get one, and the defense has the ability to appeal just about everything.

Look at the Amanda Knox cluster-fuck in Italy as an example,

This is more common in legal systems outside the US. Prosecutors get multiple tries at a verdict, as opposed to here where they usually only get one, and the defense has the ability to appeal just about everything.

In Asia, Central and South America and Africa are worse.

Believing, knowing and proving are three different things.

I do not know what their legal definition & statute of murder is, but how they.....if they proved premediation is beyond me - from what I read and seen in the media.

I believe that this is one of those cases where popularity was a negative instead of a positive. That and he had attitude problems known to Law Enforcement before this event.

He was wrong.....I agree, but from what I have read and seen as far as the court case - someone did not do their homework, and someone did not do their job.

Media release, after media release and from multiple media and in house sources.......says that the Police failed in evidence gathering and the investigation was substandard. That is what I seen.

Like I said - from a attorney standpoint = **in my opinion and from my observation...... someone did not do their homework & research, and someone did not do their job, on the part of Pistorius. **

Shadow 355

In Asia, Central and South America and Africa are worse.

There are a lot of places worse. Our justice system might not be perfect but it could be worse.

I'm not really sure how I feel about it. He probably should have been charged with a more serious crime to begin with. I just don't believe that he didn't know it was his GF who was in the bathroom.

There's a noise in my bathroom, must be a burglar, no way it could be my significant other who also lives in the house !
I'll go ahead and shoot through the door and walls just to be sure !

There's a noise in my bathroom, must be a burglar, no way it could be my significant other who also lives in the house !

I think the man has some serious anger issues which makes him a dangerous person. He is exactly where he belongs, IMO. Nobody will ever convince me that he didn't know it was his girlfriend who was in the bathroom.

Imagine you hear a noise at night coming from your bathroom. Would you assume it was an intruder or your wife who got up to go pee? Not to mention, how about looking in the bed next to you??

I think the man has some serious anger issues which makes him a dangerous person. He is exactly where he belongs, IMO. Nobody will ever convince me that he didn't know it was his girlfriend who was in the bathroom.

Imagine you hear a noise at night coming from your bathroom. Would you assume it was an intruder or your wife who got up to go pee? Not to mention, how about looking in the bed next to you??

I would assume it was my boyfriend or husband without a doubt and I sure as shit wouldn't shoot through the door at him.

This guy must think people are morons.

I would assume it was my boyfriend or husband without a doubt and I sure as shit wouldn't shoot through the door at him.

Yeah, I think his whole story is bogus. I think they were fighting, and he started becoming violent. She ran into the bathroom to get away from him, and he shot her through the door/walls. That's just my opinion, but that seems like the most likely scenario.

Yeah, I think his whole story is bogus. I think they were fighting, and he started becoming violent. She ran into the bathroom to get away from him, and he shot her through the door/walls. That's just my opinion, but that seems like the most likely scenario.
That would be pretty damn obvious, so it didn't happen.

Not sure of your point here. :)

It's not hard to tell which direction someone is shooting from, dummy. He didn't shoot in, he shot out...

What are you talking about? He shot into the bathroom stall where she was.

It's not hard to tell which direction someone is shooting from, dummy. He didn't shoot in, he shot out...

No, he didn't, you dumbass. Go read the fucking case.

I have, you dumbass. Obviously it is you who needs to read the fucking case.

Oscar Pistorius trial: The evidence for and against

Pistorius says: That he moved down the passage into the bathroom, his gun pointed in front of him, but held with a bent arm, loosely by his side and into the bathroom. There, he stopped shouting, as he didn’t want to ‘reveal his position'.

The prosecution says: Why would he move towards the danger? There were many options open to him. To go out on to the balcony, or to go out of the bedroom door and downstairs to safety.

Pistorius says: He is not one to "cower away. That’s not who I am". And that he moved toward the passage imagining Reeva to still be behind him in the bedroom, because he wanted to put himself between Reeva and the danger.

Pistorius says: He had his gun pointed towards the toilet door. Not aimed, specifically, but pointed, as that’s where the danger was. He heard a sound of ‘wood moving’ inside the cubicle, that he perceived as "someone coming out to attack me" and "before I knew it, I had fired four shots at the door". He didn’t, he says "intend to kill anyone".

The prosecution says: He was "in control of his actions" at all times. That he could see the door. The handle didn’t move. The door didn’t move. Yet he still fired four shots into it. Why four, he was asked. Why didn’t he empty the whole magazine?

Stupid ass.

The prosecution says: Pistorius knew Reeva was behind the door. She was talking to him when he shot her. The bullet trajectory shows the first shot aimed towards the toilet. That he then changed position, and fired the next two in the direction of a magazine rack on the floor. The first bullet struck Reeva in the hip. Pistorius heard her fall, and then changed position.

Pistorius says: Simply that it isn’t true. And that there’s no way he could have heard Reeva fall. His ears were ringing from the gunshot in the enclosed space.

**Warning** Graphic image.

bowl1.jpg

Pistorius says: That he moved down the passage into the bathroom, his gun pointed in front of him, but held with a bent arm, loosely by his side and into the bathroom. There, he stopped shouting, as he didn’t want to ‘reveal his position'.

The prosecution says: Why would he move towards the danger? There were many options open to him. To go out on to the balcony, or to go out of the bedroom door and downstairs to safety.

Pistorius says: He is not one to "cower away. That’s not who I am". And that he moved toward the passage imagining Reeva to still be behind him in the bedroom, because he wanted to put himself between Reeva and the danger.

Pistorius says: He had his gun pointed towards the toilet door. Not aimed, specifically, but pointed, as that’s where the danger was. He heard a sound of ‘wood moving’ inside the cubicle, that he perceived as "someone coming out to attack me" and "before I knew it, I had fired four shots at the door". He didn’t, he says "intend to kill anyone".

The prosecution says: He was "in control of his actions" at all times. That he could see the door. The handle didn’t move. The door didn’t move. Yet he still fired four shots into it. Why four, he was asked. Why didn’t he empty the whole magazine?
I stand corrected, I remembered it as him in the bathroom firing out not in. Please accept my apology.

I stand corrected, I remembered it as him in the bathroom firing out not in. Please accept my apology.

Okay. :) Apology accepted.

Forum List

Back