Pissed

Diuretic

Permanently confused
Apr 26, 2006
South Australia est 1836
No, I'm not angry. I was just thinking about this word. Apart from Dr Grump, Roomy and me and anyone else with a UK/AUS/NZ background, I would reckon most readers would see "pissed"="angry".

Some non UK/AUS/NZers might know that "pissed"= drunk in UK/AUS/NZ.

So, I could be pissed+pissed posting here. Or I could just be pissed.

Or I could get pissed after reading a few posts.

Funny thing though, the synonym for "angry" how passed into Australian casual language. But we tend to say "pissed off" which is, I think, the usual full expression in American. Americans drop the "off" and still understand that it means "angry".

Okay, I'm going to piss off now :D

we also use the term "piss assed drunk"

"That dude over there is fuckin' piss assed drunk."

naw i know the term pissed means drunk to yall....

oddly the term i didnt know....was shag...here ...shagging is a dance....so imagine when i ask a younger friend of mine from canada if he would like to shag....he said sure...i replied...wow i am surprised you know how to shag...he imforms me ..he is young but not stupid...then i mention it being a local dance in nc...he mentions it is not a dance...or at least not one done standing up...i was red.

oddly the term i didnt know....was shag...here ...shagging is a dance....so imagine when i ask a younger friend of mine from canada if he would like to shag....he said sure...i replied...wow i am surprised you know how to shag...he imforms me ..he is young but not stupid...then i mention it being a local dance in nc...he mentions it is not a dance...or at least not one done standing up...i was red.

:lol:

"Oh behave!"

But

"Shagging on the Boulevard" - Alabama.

I remember being a bit surprised when I saw that track on the cd :lol:

Given the sort of slowish tempo of the song I would think shagging is a sort of slow dance?

It can be done standing up if the guy wants a lot of exercise. Helps if partners are about the same height.... ... .

No, I'm not angry. I was just thinking about this word. Apart from Dr Grump, Roomy and me and anyone else with a UK/AUS/NZ background, I would reckon most readers would see "pissed"="angry".

Funny thing though, the synonym for "angry" how passed into Australian casual language. But we tend to say "pissed off" which is, I think, the usual full expression in American. Americans drop the "off" and still understand that it means "angry".

Are you saying that people in Australia get drunk on piss? I'll never drink another Foster's again. I swear, I never will!

Immie

Are you saying that people in Australia get drunk on piss? I'll never drink another Foster's again. I swear, I never will!

Immie

:lol:

Funny, I bought a six pack of Foster's just last week. The guy in the liquor store told me an Australian woman had been in the store the day before looking for beer. He pointed her towards the Foster's but she said, "Oh no thanks. We make foster's in Australia and we sell it. But we Aussies NEVER drink it!".

Now I know why. :eusa_eh:

I wonder if only Massholes say pissah when they mean something is really good?

Damn Australians are always pissed! Here's an actual picture of Diuretic at home:

$FunnyPart-com-drunk_kangaroo.jpg

my favorite british colloquialism is bugger.

Now, bugger off mate!

you know in england if they say they are going to have a fag, that means a smoke.

Immie

I'm going to be very vulgar now Immie - so anyone with a sensitive disposition should look away now.

Here if we're going out drinking we frequently (well some of us vulgar types) say we're "going to get on the piss."

And Fosters has been put in its place by Anguille so I'll leave it at that :D

pissed - drunk

piss off- well you know. :lol:

pissed - drunk

piss off- well you know. :lol:

Polite slang here says "nick off" instead of "piss off" but "piss off" is more satisfying when it has to be used :eusa_angel:

Forum List

Back