Pissed

No, I'm not angry. I was just thinking about this word. Apart from Dr Grump, Roomy and me and anyone else with a UK/AUS/NZ background, I would reckon most readers would see "pissed"="angry".

Some non UK/AUS/NZers might know that "pissed"= drunk in UK/AUS/NZ.

So, I could be pissed+pissed posting here. Or I could just be pissed.

Or I could get pissed after reading a few posts.

Funny thing though, the synonym for "angry" how passed into Australian casual language. But we tend to say "pissed off" which is, I think, the usual full expression in American. Americans drop the "off" and still understand that it means "angry".

Okay, I'm going to piss off now :D

pissed - drunk

piss off- well you know. :lol:

Polite slang here says "nick off" instead of "piss off" but "piss off" is more satisfying when it has to be used :eusa_angel:

well piss on all of you

sorry, I should have put a smiley at the end of it.
like this

happy-096.gif

sorry, I should have put a smiley at the end of it.
like this

happy-096.gif

Smileys can do so much can't they? :cool:

Yes indeed, it is the only way you can give a reasonable expression of your emotion in what you are writing
happy-thumbs-up-046.gif

And it helps to clarify ambiguity and we know that text, especially in forums, can be a bit limiting, so smilies are effective.

But even smilies can be confusing.

Take this one - :thup:

In some countries it means "up yer arse". :lol:

Yes indeed, it is the only way you can give a reasonable expression of your emotion in what you are writing
happy-thumbs-up-046.gif

And it helps to clarify ambiguity and we know that text, especially in forums, can be a bit limiting, so smilies are effective.

this one could be misleading
tongue-039.GIF

No, I'm not angry. I was just thinking about this word. Apart from Dr Grump, Roomy and me and anyone else with a UK/AUS/NZ background, I would reckon most readers would see "pissed"="angry".

Funny thing though, the synonym for "angry" how passed into Australian casual language. But we tend to say "pissed off" which is, I think, the usual full expression in American. Americans drop the "off" and still understand that it means "angry".

So if ya get "pissed," does that make you a "tosser" or a "wanker?"

An excellent question. If you get pissed and annoy everyone it makes you a wanker. If you annoy everyone without getting pissed it makes you a tosser. :)

• Thanks
Reactions: 007

happy-thumbs-up-046.gif

I recall a particular poster, probably on another forum, who puts a thumbs up at the end of almost every post in a sarcastic way. It's quite annoying...

lol, if anybody ever calls me a wanker I'll say: "Yeah I wank, don't you?"

While "to wank" means "to masturbate", the term "wanker" is seldom if ever used in British slang to denote "one who wanks". It is quite wrong to infer from somebody's being a wanker that they in fact wank (and vice versa), but of course, fair to assume they do in any case. Herein lies the genius of the insult: if you call someone a wanker, it's probably true, but only literally.

I suppose it all originates from our repressed Victorian sexualities, from back when everybody thought they were the only ones to suffer the secret shame of being an actual wanker.

Most children these days learn the word "wanker" long before they learn its literal meaning.

Reputable and irrefutable source: Urban Dictionary: wanker

You're taking the piss, mate.

I've seen enough people for whom "Instant angry asshole - just add alcohol" is a truism, that I can appreciate the co-connotations of 'pissed' :)booze:) and 'pissed' :)mad:)...

In spite of that, I still say we don't speak 'English' in the USA, we speak 'American'...

Ax any yo posse, y'all... jus' ax 'em.

-Joe

Last edited:

Forum List

Back