Pink banned members

FA_Q2

Gold Member
Dec 12, 2009
Washington State
What’s with the pink names and the word BANNED under them here. Some of them are pretty common posters here for years and later the banned designation and color go back to normal?

I am confused….

Pretty hard to get a straight answer, eh, FA_Q2.

My guess would be they are banned temporarily for some violation or another. Banning isn't always permanent, you know.

My guess would be they are banned temporarily for some violation or another. Banning isn't always permanent, you know.

That was my guess but I was surprised as hell to see TM with it. I mean really, she has been here for years and not changed a bit, why now.

Then I seen her back and was wondering WTF?!?!

Anyway, yes. Hard as hell to get a straight answer. I would never have thought it possible but it seems there are more reasonable people in the politics form.

Oh fuck, I just threw up a little typing reasonable... people..... in.......... the..................
can’t finish that statement twice!!!

Jeesh. The new PC at USMB is to pink posters instead of banning them. That wasn't really so difficult to figure out, now was it?

Jeesh. The new PC at USMB is to pink posters instead of banning them. That wasn't really so difficult to figure out, now was it?
What has made USMB the success it is is its enforcement of PC.

Oh..................

wait.

Nevermind.

Funny part is that I don’t think USMB has ANY PC bone at all. It seems that it is pretty much open season here with as much racism, name calling and general insanity that you want is perfectly all right as log as no one really openly threatens others.

Even that is mostly tolerated.

What has made USMB the success it is is its enforcement of PC.

Oh..................

wait.

Nevermind.

Funny part is that I don’t think USMB has ANY PC bone at all. It seems that it is pretty much open season here with as much racism, name calling and general insanity that you want is perfectly all right as log as no one really openly threatens others.

Even that is mostly tolerated.
Well, that's good news.

But, some posters do have special privileges, doncha know. And, they sure as hell have thin skins.

Awesome.

That was my guess but I was surprised as hell to see TM with it. I mean really, she has been here for years and not changed a bit, why now.

Anyway, yes. Hard as hell to get a straight answer. I would never have thought it possible but it seems there are more reasonable people in the politics form.

Oh fuck, I just threw up a little typing reasonable... people..... in.......... the..................

Actually, TM eats bans on a fairly regular basis. Kind of like meds, the mods can tell when she is headed into meltdown mode and dose her.

The pink is pretty new, but the word banned has always appeared under the name of banned members. the person you mentioned has been banned at least a dozen times since I've been here the last 2 times in 2.5 hours and 48 hours after being reinstated.
I think the pink is a good idea. it sure does indicate who is banned and thus unable to defend themselves. A better idea would be a list in the announcements section listing new bans and length of banishment. Permabans could be purged from the list after a month or so.

While someone is banned (temporary or permanent), their name shows up pink.

If they re reinstated, their name will return to it's normal color.

It's pretty simple.

Doc a question for ya.....if a person is banned.....does their name disappear from the Members list that you can see at the Community link at the top of the page?...

It's pretty simple.

Doc a question for ya.....if a person is banned.....does their name disappear from the Members list that you can see at the Community link at the top of the page?...

Not sure.

Last edited:

It's pretty simple.

Not sure.

That's kind of odd. You can't search the members' list for a banned member, but if you manually scan the list, they appear. I always found that weird.

Forum List

Back