Pics of Marilyn for Sarah...

It's the first thing I noticed. Oh her poor hair, go get a treatment.

I never even noticed her hair and then, like "Hey, she's right".

But those legs and her slimness?

Wow! :eek:

Our view of the "ideal" woman (in terms of body type) change culture to culture and over time.

Marilyn was never a zoftig type. But she was a bit fuller figured than the modern notion of an idealized female form.

And yet, WOW is right. Her figure in that particular photograph would fit modern sensibilities pretty closely.

The image of her in Sarah's avie is similar. A bit more trim and yet still, clearly, all woman.

I disagree. By the time she entered her thirties she was what I would consider healthily zoftig. :lol:

marilyn-monroe-swim.jpg

http://www.fatnutritionist.com/index.php/the-body-of-marilyn-monroe/

I never even noticed her hair and then, like "Hey, she's right".

But those legs and her slimness?

Wow! :eek:

Our view of the "ideal" woman (in terms of body type) change culture to culture and over time.

Marilyn was never a zoftig type. But she was a bit fuller figured than the modern notion of an idealized female form.

And yet, WOW is right. Her figure in that particular photograph would fit modern sensibilities pretty closely.

The image of her in Sarah's avie is similar. A bit more trim and yet still, clearly, all woman.

I disagree. By the time she entered her thirties she was what I would consider healthily zoftig. :lol:

marilyn-monroe-swim.jpg

The Body of Marilyn Monroe | The Fat Nutritionist

We do disagree. She had started to go to seed in that picture.

marilyn-monroe-swim.jpg

There's a beauty in maturity.

monroe38.gif

Better?

marilyn-monroe-swim.jpg

There's a beauty in maturity.

monroe38.gif

Better?

There can be. But her increase in size was unattractive to my present day view on the ideal female form. And when she started to go to seed, how long did she last? I maintain she was demonstrating that she was coming apart at the seams.

But was she a pretty face? You bet.

In pre-Columbian South American cultures, the idealized female form would today be considered fairly obese.
preco-figure-271036b.jpg

Marilyn Monroe & Frank Sinatra

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9W_HCqthpYQ]Marilyn Monroe & Frank Sinatra[/ame]

I know it's not a picture, but there's just never enough Marilyn to go around.

Forum List

Back