Photos of everything retro and vintage

I'm thinking you could use it to answer the phone, not sure you could still dial numbers.
Rotary dials still worked when I retired in the early twenty tens. The Western Electric, Ericsson and Northern Telecom central office switching systems had to be programmed to take touch tone. Occasionally we would get a case of trouble where the programming center would neglect to program the Touch Tone and people couldn’t break dial tone. It would drive the new kids nuts trying to troubleshoot, they’d call me and I’d tell them to switch their “butt ins” (test set phones) to rotary and see if it worked. If it did, the tech just had to call the programming center and change that one bit. It wouldn’t turn up on a test, so the programmed tests would show a perfectly operating line. The new kids would often spend hours trying to fix a non-existing problem.

• Thanks
Reactions: xyz
There's gotta be a Big Boy somewhere still. First time I ever had a Coke was in a Big Boy.

I still like Coke.
Last I heard the ones in Toluca Lake and Glendale California still existed and still used carhops
There's gotta be a Big Boy somewhere still. First time I ever had a Coke was in a Big Boy.

I still like Coke.
I just checked, the Toluca Lake and a couple of other locations are still open. They now call it the Burbank location.

More of the most beautiful airliner to ever grace the skies....

0614550.jpg

0347673.jpg

95299_big.jpg

lockheed-constellation-5.jpg

super-connie-prototyp-seite-35-lockheed.jpg

sal-lockheed-constellation.jpg

Forum List

Back