PGA 100 final round

th
PGA Championship 2018 live blog: Everyone chasing Brooks Koepka as final round underway at Bellerive PGA Championship 2018 live blog: Everyone chasing Brooks Koepka as final round underway at Bellerive

Last edited:
This is going to be a truly interesting final round. I think Tiger will be in contention but doesn't have what he used to so he can make up the difference.

There's a whole new breed of golfer out there. Physically as strong as any other sport.

Posted at 13:3513:35
Birdie for Koepka
B Koepka -13 (8)

Anything you can do...

Brooks Koepka, the sound of the Tiger and Thomas' successes ringing in the background, rolls in a birdie putt of his own to hold on to the outright lead.

Are you keeping up?

Although it bothers me mightily when the news people focus on Tiger, to the exclusion of other golfers who are actually winning the tournament in question, today's Tiger coverage was entirely warranted. He shot a 64 on Sunday, by golly, and but for a couple unlucky shots he could have been in it, down the wire. He is back.

Adam Scott choked on his penultimate putt, giving solace to all of us hackers who do the same thing with a "skin" (or whatever) on the line. He came up short on his par putt on 18, costing him a tie for second and probably a quarter mil or so. (For those who don't know, leaving an important putt short is a Cardinal Sin in golf).

Crowds were dull at PGA events while Tiger was unable to play. He brings an energy to the game that has crowds coming back. This is great for the game.

One has to wonder how whoever has to play with him feels. As if they're totally invisible. And the pressure of being surrounded by so many people. I feel for them.

I think most of the players recognize that they all benefit when he is in the hunt. More sponsor money means more prize money; simple as that.

And let's not forget that he could be competing at the top level for another ten years. 50 is the entry point for the Seniors tournaments, but skills don't drop off for another several years after that.

CBS received the highest ratings for the final round than they've had in years. Good for the game.

Looking forward to see how Tiger fares in the FedEx Cup. He went from 49 to 20.

These are the tournaments that will determine the results:
One can win the $1 million plus without winning the final tournament. It depends on the total number of points won throughout the season.

A true championship.

Forum List

Back