PETA at it again

MtnBiker

Sep 28, 2003
Rocky Mountains
Ad Urges People With Dogs to Show Equally Smart Pigs Some Respect

San Antonio, Texas — Call her a "pog" or maybe a "dig"—whatever the name, PETA’s brand-new billboard featuring an animal who’s a cross between a hog and a hound and bearing the tagline "If Your Dog Tasted Like Pork, Would You Eat Her? What’s the Difference? Go Vegetarian" has gone up in time to coincide with the Jack Onofrio dog show in San Antonio this week. The billboard is located along I-35, just east of the intersection with I-37, facing west.

PETA’s aim is to remind dog lovers and other consumers that bringing home the bacon and other meats means certain death for lovable, smart, social pigs and other animals. Given the opportunity and training, pigs can play certain computer games about as well as college students, turn on lights and heat in a barn, and perform many other sophisticated activities. Intelligent, inquisitive, and pleasant-natured animals, pigs can be loyal, playful, affectionate companions and have saved people from burning houses by sounding alarms—yet people don’t return the favor, and many who couldn’t stomach the thought of eating their dogs routinely consume pig flesh.

Full Story

I wonder if I can take a pig duck hunting with me? Nah, but my dog loves bacon. :D

Well,I think pigs are cute,but bacon tastes so good. Really though,I don't think most people would consider keeping a pig for a pet anyway. I do love animals,and hate the thought of what they go through,but no one is going to stop eating them for PETA. They give us animal lovers such a bad name.

Okay, if pigs are too intelligent to be eaten, then let's work on a breed of pigs that has very little brain. Just enough grey matter to keep its cardio-vascular system functioning and to allow it to grunt, eat and defecate.

I know where we can get the brood stock for such a breed. All we have to do is cross Michael Moore with Roseanne.

Originally posted by Merlin1047
Okay, if pigs are too intelligent to be eaten, then let's work on a breed of pigs that has very little brain. Just enough grey matter to keep its cardio-vascular system functioning and to allow it to grunt, eat and defecate.

I know where we can get the brood stock for such a breed. All we have to do is cross Michael Moore with Roseanne.
\

LMAO!!!!! :clap: :clap1: :clap: :clap1:

Hehe, PETA would hate me. I spend all day putting various pork products on pizza. Ham, pepperoni, sausage, bacon, etc.

Oh, and I LOOOOOVE barbeque. And by barbeque, I don't mean stuff grilled with some sauce. That's a perverse, yankee use of the term. I mean pork, pork that's been slow cooked all day over a bed of coals, after being marinated for over 24 hours in choice spices. Then, pulled into small pieces, placed on a bun, and topped with barbeque sauce...with the ribs on the side. When the day is done, our neighbor feeds the gristle to his dog. Yes, barbeque. The reason I will be neither vegetarian nor Jewish.

:teeth:

would a member of peta with a damaged heart valve rather die then have a pig valve replace the one that isnt working? I think not. next thing you know plants will be discovered to have nerves and the ability to feel pain, then what will they eat?

A reporter is driving through the country, and sees a family out in their yard, playing with a pig. The pig has only one leg, and is hobbling around on three crudely fashioned wooden pegs. Knowing there had to be a hell of a story here, he stopped to interview the family.

The father informed the reporter that this was no ordinary pig. Then, the family began recounting tales of the pig's intelligence, loyalty, and bravery. He dragged Sissy out of a freezing pond, saving her life. He ran into the burning barn to save Maw when she was trapped and beyond hope. This went on for the better part of an hour, until the reporter finally said, "Well, you've convinced me - this is one special animal. But none of this explains his missing legs."

"Hell, man", Paw said, "you don't eat a pig like that all at once!"

Originally posted by Hobbit
I mean pork, pork that's been slow cooked all day over a bed of coals, after being marinated for over 24 hours in choice spices. Then, pulled into small pieces, placed on a bun, and topped with barbeque sauce...with the ribs on the side.
:clap: :clap: :D
The only thing I didn't like about Illinois, they didn't know how to make barbeque! LOL!! Thank God I'm home, lol, I'm so ready for a pig pickin' now!!

Musicman, to funny!!!! :D

PETA lost creibility with me when I read a letter to the editor of the paper one of their directors had written. It went on for four or five paragraphs about how you shouldn't kill cockroaches and describing exactly what thigns like Raid do to them.

Standing up to protect dogs and cats or even pigs and horses is one thing, but a cockroach? Come on. Cockroaches are like terrorists, step on the one you see crawing across the floor, then spray to kill it's buddies.

I have to admit, they do barbecue right in the Greater Cincinnati area. If you ever pass through, check out Burbank's in Sharonville, or the ribs at the Montgomery Inn. Extree good!

Originally posted by musicman
A big, sloppy BBQ sammitch - MMMMMM!!! You folks are torturing me!
Oh man, with a big oh' healping of cole slaw on top. Man, I know what's for dinner tonight, LOL!!:D

That egg and sausage breakfast burrito with hot sauce I made this morning was kick ass! Of course I had to cook extra sausage for my labrador.

They also know a fair amount about bbq down in Texas, which is where I live.

bbqbrisket_200px.jpg

Forum List

Back