Pesticides kill

Discussion in 'Environment' started by RodISHI, Feb 24, 2010.

1. RodISHI

RodISHI Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,047
    No matter how many times a chemical company may claim pesticides/chemicals are safe I will know better. A couple of dear friends suffered terrible affects from a neighboring farm's chemical sprays. If the company that had done the spraying next to their home would have warned them they could have at least had the option to leave until the chemical spray had dispersed. That was not the case. It was a few years later one died after at least a hundred health tests and doctors visits and then about another year and the other one passed away. These were sweet, fun people and now their families and friends miss them. I've heard on here about how some think extending lives is important. How about protecting lives of the living?

2. Midnight Marauder

Midnight Marauder BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,876
    I don't use or allow any pesticides, insecticides or poisons on my premises. I take care of pests naturally. In fact, I seldom if ever see any. Examples:

d-limonene is essentially citrus oil. It is 100% natural and non-toxic to vertebrates, (us and animals) but is deadly to all invertebrates. (insects) It is one hell of a natural pesticide. It dissolves their exoskeletons rapidly. It also repels insects -- they can't stand even a trace of it. It takes a long time to evaporate, so one application on surfaces lasts months.

Get the d-limonene here: DirectChem - 607 d'Limonene Bug Killer

Diatomaceous Earth (DE) is the fossilized skeletons of diatoms from dry lake beds and is completely non-toxic, 100% biodegradable and again, deadly to all invertebrates. It cuts up and desiccates their exoskeletons on contact. It's similar to what would happen to you if you tried to crawl across a football field of razor blades.

Plus, it sticks to the little hairs on bugs, so they carry it with them to their nests and lairs, killing the rest. They eat the stuff, trying to remove it, and it carves up their innards nicely. It even kills worms and other internal parasites inside your pets when they ingest it via their food or from getting it on them in the litter box or bedding. Completely harmless to us and our pets, it's wonderful.

Get the DE here: Diatomaceous Earth - 4 lb - Pest & Disease Control - Worm's Way -

Get the toxic chemicals out of your life. They're not necessary and can be and are harmful.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  3. Old Rocks

Old Rocks Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,366
    Midnight just demonstrated how a misnomer changes everything.

What the Chemical Corperations are selling are biocides. They kill all life.

What Midnight listed are pesticides, they kill insects.

Of course, we do not want all insects dead, we need bees and others. But, by using those that Midnight listed, we can be very selective as to what we kill, and where we kill it.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  4. RodISHI

RodISHI Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,047
    Something we can all three agree upon. Thanks!

5. uscitizen

uscitizen Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,807
    yes use the pesticides, wonder where the honeybvees went and spend billions trying to cleanup the mess for many years.

6. Mr. H.

Mr. H. Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,406
    Best be careful... just in case.

This is the THIRD such study:

Study links pesticide exposure in pregnancy to autism

NEW YORK (Reuters Health) - In a new study from California, children with an autism spectrum disorder were more likely to have mothers who lived close to fields treated with certain pesticides during pregnancy.

Proximity to agricultural pesticides in pregnancy was also linked to other types of developmental delay among children.

“Ours is the third study to specifically link autism spectrum disorders to pesticide exposure, whereas more papers have demonstrated links with developmental delay,” said lead author Janie F. Shelton, from the University of California, Davis.

...and people worry about hydraulic fracturing. :lol:

As I've stated many times - agriculture is the true raper and destroyer of environment.
    Land, air, water. Yet we give them a pass, we pay them to do so, and we ignore their transgressions.